• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Best photos of the total lunar eclipse-September 27-28, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best photos of the total lunar eclipse-September 27-28, 2015

Best photos of last night’s total eclipse of the moon – September 27-28, 2015 – from awesome EarthSky community members! Thanks to all who posted.

September 27-28, 2015 moon in partial eclipse, rising in Tucson, Arizona, as captured by BG Boyd Photo.

Eclipsed moon, September 27-28, 2015, from Jean Marie Andre Delaporte in Normandy, France.

From Nairobi, Kenya, by Jolene Wood. Thanks, Jolene!

Jenny Ortolaza wrote: “I told him that he could hold the universe in his hands and he said ‘I’ll start with the moon.'” Photo credit: Gina DiNapoli in Rochester, New York.

James Younger wrote from Victoria, Vancouver Island: “Gina and Reed enjoying a paddle … “

Total eclipse over Tucson, Arizona by Sean Parker.

Partial phase of the eclipse on September 27 over San Diego, California, by Jim Hatcher.

Partial phase of the eclipse on September 27 over Hermosillo, Mexico, by Hector Barrios.

September 27-28, 2015 total eclipse of the moon, from Haselbury, Plucknett, Somerset, UK, by (Boba) Phil Lilley.

Lunar eclipse from France by Jean-Baptiste Feldmann.

Total eclipse over the Haji Ali Mosque in Mumbai, India, from Salil Kawli.

Rick Racela wrote: “Here are my shots with a bonus photobomb.”

Nearly eclipsed moon over New York City, September 27, 2015, from Jennifer Khordi.

Beginning of the umbral phase of the eclipse, from our friend GregDiesel Landscape Photography.

Lunar eclipse on September 27-28, 2015 from Michael Guinan in Ireland.

E.T. eclipse from Dublin Ireland, by Anthony Lynch Photography.

By the way, in addition to its being a Super Moon, and a Blood Moon and a moon in eclipse … last night’s moon also marked the Mid-Autumn Festival in China.

Photo of last night’s moon from Hong Kong by EarthSky Facebook friend Matthew Chin. Thanks, Matthew!

http://earthsky.org/todays-image/be...il&utm_term=0_c643945d79-e5ace8d933-394440245

Photos are very nice. But........ is this image (over a mosque in Mumbai) photoshopped?

The total eclipse happened at 10 pm+ in the East coast of the U S of A;

then the Indian time would be 7.30 a.m. + the next day.

The photo shows a setting moon, no doubt, but will the moon be visible at that time?

This chart
Moonrise, moonset says the time of moon-set is 6. 27 a.m., in Mumbai, on 28th Sept, 2015. :)

eclipse-moon-9-27-28-2015-Salil-Kawli-Mumbai-India-e1443441738933.jpg

P.S: Am I thinking too much? :D

Photos are very nice. But........ is this image (over a mosque in Mumbai) photoshopped?

The total eclipse happened at 10 pm+ in the East coast of the U S of A;

then the Indian time would be 7.30 a.m. + the next day.

The photo shows a setting moon, no doubt, but will the moon be visible at that time?

This chart
Moonrise, moonset says the time of moon-set is 6. 27 a.m., in Mumbai, on 28th Sept, 2015. :)

eclipse-moon-9-27-28-2015-Salil-Kawli-Mumbai-India-e1443441738933.jpg

P.S: Am I thinking too much? :D

hi

Am I thinking too much?.....may be....

They blood red moon would bring disasters and bad luck according to some pandits.

Doomsday scenarios are painted by them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back