• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

God with a Laser Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shivaji+third+eye.jpg

There is a very interesting story about Lord Shiva in the mythologies. This story is repeated in hundreds of Tamil hymns of seventh century AD. This is about Shiva burning three flying fortresses or three cities. The way he burnt the three fortresses (Tripura in Sanskrit) and the time of burning makes more interesting reading. This corresponds very much with laser weapons and star war project. The reasons for my interpretation are:

Flying Fortresses (equivalent to modern space ships)
Destruction associated with Star Pushya (Delta Cancri)
Destruction by ‘smile’ (Third eye of Shiva= Laser Weapon)

Shiva is called Tripurantaka= one who burnt three cities or three fortresses. The three cities are made up of Copper, Silver and Gold. (Some people translate Ayas as iron which is wrong. Please see my earlier post given at the bottom)

503px-Shiva_Tripurantaka.jpg

Tarakasura is a demon killed by Lord Kartikeya (Skanda/ Murugan). His three sons Tarakaksha, Vidyunmali and Kamalaksha prayed to Lord Brahma and got three fortresses made up of metals. They were flying fortresses and can be destroyed by only one arrow that too when they are aligned with Pushya star (Delta Cancri) in one line. The point to be noted here is the alignment of three fortresses and that too when Pushya star is close to the moon. So some astronomical calculations were involved in it. Brahma was the one who gave a boon to this effect. It is not just a myth. Knowledge of astronomy is also there.

One would wonder why they did talk about a star and alignment of three fortresses. That is where we see space science. Why did they talk about “a star”? Why did they say it can be destroyed by one arrow when “all the three fortresses are aligned”? The three demons thought that they would never align in a single line that too with Pushya star near the moon in 1000 years.

When the Devas (angels) complained about the atrocities committed by the three demons, Shiva was waiting for the right moment to destroy them. He asked them to build a special chariot with Brahma as the driver, Vishnu as the arrow and Agni as the tip of the arrow (Agni means fire; Laser weapon emits laser from the tip of the weapon). When the battle between Asuras and Devas (demons & angels ) reached its peak, Shiva did not do anything. The Devas suspected Shiva’s power. Sensing that, he just looked at the Tripuras and “ smiled”. All the three flying metal cities were burnt to ashes in the sky.
Truck+mounted+Laser+Weapon,+US.jpg

Picture of Truck mounted with a Laser Weapon, United States

Who has the patent for Laser Weapon?

Wikipedia says under the topic ‘Ancient Inventors’, Archimedes was the one who burnt ships by focussing sunlight through magnifying glasses/ lens. But even before that Shiva did it in a more sophisticated way. So I would call Shiva the inventor of laser weapon.

Some people gave symbolic explanation for this Tripura Dahanam (burning down Three Puras) Tirumular, an eighth century Tamil saint said that “stupid people take it literally, but wise say that the three puras are nothing but three impurities (Kama,Krodha and Lobha). It is the impurities he had burnt, but not many understood it”.

TAMIL VERSE is given at the end.

God with A Boomerang

The boomerang principle is also Indian. Lord Krishna has Sudarsana Chakra/wheel. It hits a target and returns to his hand. This is the principle used by the Australian aborigines in boomerangs. We have stories of weapons or arrows returning to the person who launched them. But Sudarsana of Krishna did this every time he used it. So the patent for this type of weapon lies with Lord Vishnu or Krishna!

அப்பணி செஞ்சடை ஆதிபுராதனன்
முப்புரஞ் செற்றனன் என்பார்கள் மூடர்கள்
முப்புரமாவது மும்மல காரியம்
அப்புரம் எய்தமை யார் அறிவாரே (–திருமந்திரம்)

Star Wars: Popular term for Strategic Defence Initiative announced by Ronal Reagan in 1983
Laser Weapons: Laser beams can hit targets at the speed of light 186,000 miles per second. They are described as Death Ray.They can shoot down anything including missiles. Laser= Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation)
Shiva: One of the Hindu Trinity. Brahma creates, Vishnu preserves and Siva destroys.

Related articles posted by me:

1.Hindu’s Future Predictions –Part 1 and Part 2 (2).Is Bramastra a Nuclear Weapon? 3.Space Ships and Special Prayer Days 4. Ayas & Asva :Most misunderstood Words 5. Time Travel by Two Tamil Saints 6. Head Towards North is Wrong 7. Science Behind Deepavali 8. What is special about India? 9. What is Vatamukagni: Submarine Fire? 10. Science Behind Swayambu Lingams 11. Miracles Do Happen 12. Do Words Have Powers? 13. The Amazing Power of the Human Mind 14. Bhisma- First Man To Practise Acupuncture 15. Why Do Hindus Practise Homeopathy? 16. Miracles! You Can Do It 17.Rain Miracles: Rain by Fire and Music 18. Do Hindus Believe in ETs and Alien Worlds? 19. Aladdin’s Magic Lamp and Tamil Saints 20. Hindu Gods Naval Attacks 21. Scientific Proof for Samudrika Lakshana 22. Hindu Wisdom: Copper Kills Bacteria 23. Hindu List of Miracles

He asked them to build a special chariot with Brahma as the driver, Vishnu as the arrow and Agni as the tip of the arrow (Agni means fire; Laser weapon emits laser from the tip of the weapon). When the battle between Asuras and Devas (demons & angels ) reached its peak, Shiva did not do anything. The Devas suspected Shiva’s power. Sensing that, he just looked at the Tripuras and “ smiled”. All the three flying metal cities were burnt to ashes in the sky.

Rathna Sanu Sarasanam, Rajathadri Srunga Nikethanam,
Sinchini Krutha Pannageswarachyuthahana Sayakam,
Kshipra Dhagdha Pura Thrayam Thri Divalayairabhi Vanditham,
Chandra Shekaramasraye Mama Kim Karishyathi Vai Yama.

Hello Sir,OP Heading makes us to think What it could be, who it is,:decision:giving us more home-work sort ,When viewing the post along the snap of legend Sivaji sir, Wow ,Sir you spend your time to a very useful way ,work undertaken for the post is very informative .:clap2:.

Thanks for the comments Renuka and Dr Narayani.

A lot of topics are lying with me for 25 to 30 years.
I jot down along the margins when I read any book or article.
My books are not reusable because of so much scribbling.
When I am satisfied with the information I collected, I write the post.
I will read it again and again for a few days, making corrections here and there.Then it is posted.
You are right in saying it involves lot of work.

Two points are always in a straight line
whether in space or on a plane surface.

Three points on a plane make the line joining them really unique.
Or we can have only one line (if at all!)

So four points (three forts and a star) in alignment
in three dimensional Space is a near impossibility.

The crooks were clever no doubt in asking for the boon
but Lord Siva knew his 3 Dimensional geometry better! :)

6#13t. ஆழியும், காளையும்

சலந்தரனை அழித்த ஆழிப்படையை
மாலவன் தாமே பெற விரும்பினார்.

ஆயிரம் ஆயிரம் தாமரை மலர்களால்
மாயவன் ஈசனைப் பூசித்து வந்தார்.

ஒரு தாமரை குறைந்தது ஒரு நாள்;
திருமால் இட்டார் கண் தாமரையை.

அன்புக்கு அடிமை ஆகிய சிவபிரான்
அன்புடன் தந்தான் ஆழியை மாலுக்கு.

நான்முகனின் ஒரு நாள் பொழுது
நான்கு இரண்டாயிரம் ஊழிகள் ஆகும்.

திங்கள் ஒன்றுக்கு நாட்கள் முப்பது.
திங்கள் பன்னிரண்டு ஆகும் ஓராண்டு.

நான்முகனின் ஆயுள் நூறு ஆண்டுகள்
நான்முகனின் ஆயுள் மாலுக்கு ஒருநாள்!

மாலின் நூறாண்டுகள் கழியும் போது
உலகங்கள் அழியும் உயிர்களும் கூட.

தீ சூழ்ந்து அழிக்கும் அனைத்தையும்
தூய சுடலை ஆகிவிடும் அனைத்தும்.

“தேவரீருக்கு ஊர்தியாகும் பேற்றை
ஆவலுடன் விழைகின்றேன் ஐயனே!”

அறக் கடவுளுக்கு அளித்தான் ஈசன்
இறவாத தன்மையும் பேராற்றலும்.

பெருமை வாய்ந்த காளை அறக்கடவுள்.
திருமாலும் உருவெடுத்தான் காளையாக!

முப்புரம் சிவன் எரித்தருளிய காலத்தில்
முக்கண்ணனைத் தாங்கியவர் திருமால்.

வாழ்க வளமுடன், விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.

கநà¯￾த பà¯￾ராணமà¯￾ « Kandapuraanam

Last edited:
Shivaji+third+eye.jpg

There is a very interesting story about Lord Shiva in the mythologies. This story is repeated in hundreds of Tamil hymns of seventh century AD. This is about Shiva burning three flying fortresses or three cities. The way he burnt the three fortresses (Tripura in Sanskrit) and the time of burning makes more interesting reading. This corresponds very much with laser weapons and star war project. The reasons for my interpretation are:

Flying Fortresses (equivalent to modern space ships)
Destruction associated with Star Pushya (Delta Cancri)
Destruction by ‘smile’ (Third eye of Shiva= Laser Weapon)

Shiva is called Tripurantaka= one who burnt three cities or three fortresses. The three cities are made up of Copper, Silver and Gold. (Some people translate Ayas as iron which is wrong. Please see my earlier post given at the bottom)

503px-Shiva_Tripurantaka.jpg

Tarakasura is a demon killed by Lord Kartikeya (Skanda/ Murugan). His three sons Tarakaksha, Vidyunmali and Kamalaksha prayed to Lord Brahma and got three fortresses made up of metals. They were flying fortresses and can be destroyed by only one arrow that too when they are aligned with Pushya star (Delta Cancri) in one line. The point to be noted here is the alignment of three fortresses and that too when Pushya star is close to the moon. So some astronomical calculations were involved in it. Brahma was the one who gave a boon to this effect. It is not just a myth. Knowledge of astronomy is also there.

One would wonder why they did talk about a star and alignment of three fortresses. That is where we see space science. Why did they talk about “a star”? Why did they say it can be destroyed by one arrow when “all the three fortresses are aligned”? The three demons thought that they would never align in a single line that too with Pushya star near the moon in 1000 years.

When the Devas (angels) complained about the atrocities committed by the three demons, Shiva was waiting for the right moment to destroy them. He asked them to build a special chariot with Brahma as the driver, Vishnu as the arrow and Agni as the tip of the arrow (Agni means fire; Laser weapon emits laser from the tip of the weapon). When the battle between Asuras and Devas (demons & angels ) reached its peak, Shiva did not do anything. The Devas suspected Shiva’s power. Sensing that, he just looked at the Tripuras and “ smiled”. All the three flying metal cities were burnt to ashes in the sky.
Truck+mounted+Laser+Weapon,+US.jpg

Picture of Truck mounted with a Laser Weapon, United States

Who has the patent for Laser Weapon?

Wikipedia says under the topic ‘Ancient Inventors’, Archimedes was the one who burnt ships by focussing sunlight through magnifying glasses/ lens. But even before that Shiva did it in a more sophisticated way. So I would call Shiva the inventor of laser weapon.

Some people gave symbolic explanation for this Tripura Dahanam (burning down Three Puras) Tirumular, an eighth century Tamil saint said that “stupid people take it literally, but wise say that the three puras are nothing but three impurities (Kama,Krodha and Lobha). It is the impurities he had burnt, but not many understood it”.

TAMIL VERSE is given at the end.

God with A Boomerang

The boomerang principle is also Indian. Lord Krishna has Sudarsana Chakra/wheel. It hits a target and returns to his hand. This is the principle used by the Australian aborigines in boomerangs. We have stories of weapons or arrows returning to the person who launched them. But Sudarsana of Krishna did this every time he used it. So the patent for this type of weapon lies with Lord Vishnu or Krishna!

அப்பணி செஞ்சடை ஆதிபுராதனன்
முப்புரஞ் செற்றனன் என்பார்கள் மூடர்கள்
முப்புரமாவது மும்மல காரியம்
அப்புரம் எய்தமை யார் அறிவாரே (–திருமந்திரம்)

Star Wars: Popular term for Strategic Defence Initiative announced by Ronal Reagan in 1983
Laser Weapons: Laser beams can hit targets at the speed of light 186,000 miles per second. They are described as Death Ray.They can shoot down anything including missiles. Laser= Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation)
Shiva: One of the Hindu Trinity. Brahma creates, Vishnu preserves and Siva destroys.

Related articles posted by me:

1.Hindu’s Future Predictions –Part 1 and Part 2 (2).Is Bramastra a Nuclear Weapon? 3.Space Ships and Special Prayer Days 4. Ayas & Asva :Most misunderstood Words 5. Time Travel by Two Tamil Saints 6. Head Towards North is Wrong 7. Science Behind Deepavali 8. What is special about India? 9. What is Vatamukagni: Submarine Fire? 10. Science Behind Swayambu Lingams 11. Miracles Do Happen 12. Do Words Have Powers? 13. The Amazing Power of the Human Mind 14. Bhisma- First Man To Practise Acupuncture 15. Why Do Hindus Practise Homeopathy? 16. Miracles! You Can Do It 17.Rain Miracles: Rain by Fire and Music 18. Do Hindus Believe in ETs and Alien Worlds? 19. Aladdin’s Magic Lamp and Tamil Saints 20. Hindu Gods Naval Attacks 21. Scientific Proof for Samudrika Lakshana 22. Hindu Wisdom: Copper Kills Bacteria 23. Hindu List of Miracles

Shri LS sir,

It seems you have edited out certain portions of the tripura dahanam story in order to suit your tastes.

Members/readers may kindly go through this url:

Tripura (mythology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LS has omitted the following portions,imo.

1. They requested that they be blessed with impregnable fortresses, which would be everlasting. However, as Brahma told them that nothing could be everlasting, they requested that the destruction of the cities could be brought about by a single arrow only, on the hope that it was impossible for anyone to shoot such an arrow, save Lord Shiva, of whom they were great devotees. Brahma then blessed them that such fortresses would be constructed by the architect. [h=3] The construction of the three cities[/h] The three cities which comprised Tripura were distributed thus:

• The lowest, with walls of Iron, located on earth,
  • The second, with walls of silver, located in the sky, and
  • The third, with walls of gold, located in heaven.
The three cities were mobile and moved in such a way that they would never be in a single line, save for a few moments in around a thousand years, when the nakshatra Pushya would be in conjunction with the moon. They were thus reassured that they were quite safe, as it would be an extremely difficult task to destroy the three cities, which aligned only momentarily, by a single arrow!
Asuras from everywhere began to flock to Tripura to live. The cities were extremely luxurious and prosperous.

2. Vishnu descends to help As the furious war continued between the Asuras and the Devas, even the Earth began to slip from its place. Just as Brahma and Shiva were worrying about the Earth's descent, the Protector god Vishnu, in the form of a massive boar, lifted the earth and restored it to its original place. He then entered Tripura and drank dry, the pool of magic water that rejuvenated the dead Asuras.

The war-chariot designed for Shiva was different. Brahma was holding the reins. Vishnu was the arrow, and Agni was the tip of the arrow. Vayu was the inside the feathers on rear of the arrow. All other Devas had their own places and forms in the chariot. Just as the cities aligned, when the Pushya nakshatra positioned appropriately, Lord Shiva was about to strung the mighty bow, the Pinaka with the arrow, the Devas were overjoyed that Tripura was going to be destroyed because of them (because they were part of the war-chariot, without which Shiva cannot destroy).

Lord Shiva, knowing what the Devas were thinking, did not fire the arrow and just smiled. All the three purams were burned immediately. Shocked at this act, Brahma pleaded that Devas thought wrong and that Shiva should forgive and release the arrow, or else the Devas would have a permanent bad name and the reason behind making this chariot would become meaningless. Shiva then fired the arrow on the already burning Cities.
The Devas then understood:
1. Shiva can take the power of anyone/anything because it is his power that is already existing in first place.
2. Even though the boon granted was "one-arrow-one-shot and cities should be destroyed", Shiva has the ultimate power to rule them over.
3. Lord Shiva does not require a huge Chariot with Meru as bow, Vishnu as arrow etc. He could simply destroy/create anything even without moving his eyes.

The "smile and burn" act of Shiva in Tamil is beautifully called as "sirithu purameritha peruman" (God who laughed and burned the three purams)
[h=3] Mayasura Protected[/h] Lord Shiva immediately regretted his act, since he had forgotten to protect Maya, a great devotee of his. Realising this, Nandi raced ahead of the arrow and informed Maya of the impending doom. Instantly, Maya fled Tripura, leaving behind the great city he had constructed, which was immediately reduced to ashes, along with its inhabitants, the Asuras, by the great arrow of Shiva. This destruction of Tripura, led to the appellation Tripurantaka (त्रिपुरान्तक), for Shiva.

So, as usual, the Devas despite their egoistic feelings, get protected and the asuras get destroyed completely despite living in comfortable luxury and plenty (due to good governanace, probably). That's mythology!!

Dear Sangom

Thanks for reading the post. Thanks for your comments.
I would have appreciated more if you have commented on my Original contribution=Interpretation of Shiva's actions.
Even if you have negative comments, that is fine. But, save your energy. More bombshells are coming.
It is 40 year itch.

I am going to Visa office next week to get Indian Visa for my sons.
Now I know what VISA means!!

As long as you are not LASER eyed, I am not scared!! One Shiva is enough. We dont want SHIVANIS with laser eyes!

I am going to Visa office next week to get Indian Visa for my sons.
Now I know what VISA means!!

As long as you are not LASER eyed, I am not scared!! One Shiva is enough. We dont want SHIVANIS with laser eyes!

Dear sir,
I do not know whether it is a laser eye or not,
but mostly I can read the innermost thoughts
of a person just by looking at him / her!
It comes in handy most of the times. :)
I hope this does not scare people away from me!!! :bolt:
"Sivaani" sounds so much like "Visa nee"! :decision:

I know women are cleverer than men in FEW aspects.
They are more observant and intuitive.
When I go to a meeting or a wedding or temple, my wife's comments amaze me.
We men, wouldn't have noticed anything like a person's clothes or why he did come or why anyone didn't come etc.

Women notice the subtle movements of men and women.
Thank God women are not good at arithmetic.
Otherwise they would scrutinize our monthly pay slips and all the men would land themselves in witness boxes!
Probably God had installed some balancing mechanism there!
You know, GOD always favor men.

God is always HE in all religions except Hinduism.
So HE is parochial and chauvinistic.

By the way, do you think that you could translate in to Tamil Mark Twain's Indian Crow?
I have already posted it. It will be very humorous.

Why try to explain with simple linear space solid geometry. Space is non linear, curved, with black holes, singularities, warps and many other peculiarities. There is no need for the three cities to be collinear to be hit by a single astra. Kakasura could not escape from Rama's darbhastra even when he ran from place to place not in a straight line. This feat of Shiva is nothing compared to what he can do, and with no props.

Once you accept amanushyatvam nothing is impossible for superior beings. We all know that the superpower usa has sufficient firepower to destroy life on earth. It has killed more men than any other country - native indians, japanese nuclear holocaust . enough for now.

Shri LS sir,

It seems you have edited out certain portions of the tripura dahanam story in order to suit your tastes.

Members/readers may kindly go through this url:

Tripura (mythology) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LS has omitted the following portions,imo.

1. They requested that they be blessed with impregnable fortresses, which would be everlasting. However, as Brahma told them that nothing could be everlasting, they requested that the destruction of the cities could be brought about by a single arrow only, on the hope that it was impossible for anyone to shoot such an arrow, save Lord Shiva, of whom they were great devotees. Brahma then blessed them that such fortresses would be constructed by the architect. The construction of the three cities

The three cities which comprised Tripura were distributed thus:

• The lowest, with walls of Iron, located on earth,
  • The second, with walls of silver, located in the sky, and
  • The third, with walls of gold, located in heaven.
The three cities were mobile and moved in such a way that they would never be in a single line, save for a few moments in around a thousand years, when the nakshatraPushya would be in conjunction with the moon. They were thus reassured that they were quite safe, as it would be an extremely difficult task to destroy the three cities, which aligned only momentarily, by a single arrow!
Asuras from everywhere began to flock to Tripura to live. The cities were extremely luxurious and prosperous.

2. Vishnu descends to helpAs the furious war continued between the Asuras and the Devas, even the Earth began to slip from its place. Just as Brahma and Shiva were worrying about the Earth's descent, the Protector god Vishnu, in the form of a massive boar, lifted the earth and restored it to its original place. He then entered Tripura and drank dry, the pool of magic water that rejuvenated the dead Asuras.

The war-chariot designed for Shiva was different. Brahma was holding the reins. Vishnu was the arrow, and Agni was the tip of the arrow. Vayu was the inside the feathers on rear of the arrow. All other Devas had their own places and forms in the chariot. Just as the cities aligned, when the Pushya nakshatra positioned appropriately, Lord Shiva was about to strung the mighty bow, the Pinaka with the arrow, the Devas were overjoyed that Tripura was going to be destroyed because of them (because they were part of the war-chariot, without which Shiva cannot destroy).

Lord Shiva, knowing what the Devas were thinking, did not fire the arrow and just smiled. All the three purams were burned immediately. Shocked at this act, Brahma pleaded that Devas thought wrong and that Shiva should forgive and release the arrow, or else the Devas would have a permanent bad name and the reason behind making this chariot would become meaningless. Shiva then fired the arrow on the already burning Cities.
The Devas then understood:
1. Shiva can take the power of anyone/anything because it is his power that is already existing in first place.
2. Even though the boon granted was "one-arrow-one-shot and cities should be destroyed", Shiva has the ultimate power to rule them over.
3. Lord Shiva does not require a huge Chariot with Meru as bow, Vishnu as arrow etc. He could simply destroy/create anything even without moving his eyes.

The "smile and burn" act of Shiva in Tamil is beautifully called as "sirithu purameritha peruman" (God who laughed and burned the three purams)
Mayasura Protected

Lord Shiva immediately regretted his act, since he had forgotten to protect Maya, a great devotee of his. Realising this, Nandi raced ahead of the arrow and informed Maya of the impending doom. Instantly, Maya fled Tripura, leaving behind the great city he had constructed, which was immediately reduced to ashes, along with its inhabitants, the Asuras, by the great arrow of Shiva. This destruction of Tripura, led to the appellation Tripurantaka (त्रिपुरान्तक), for Shiva.

So, as usual, the Devas despite their egoistic feelings, get protected and the asuras get destroyed completely despite living in comfortable luxury and plenty (due to good governanace, probably). That's mythology!!

Men are like accountants (who wants to tally to the last rupee) and women more like finance people. They can judge without checking accounts. Men are spared because women are more forgiving.

In our vaishnava sampradayam, paramatma will not touch you with a barge pole, if there is no recommendation from Lakshmi (who overlooks our faults).

Otherwise they would scrutinize our monthly pay slips and all the men would land themselves in witness boxes!

I know women are cleverer than men in FEW aspects.
They are more observant and intuitive.
When I go to a meeting or a wedding or temple, my wife's comments amaze me.
We men, wouldn't have noticed anything like a person's clothes or why he did come or why anyone didn't come etc.

Probably God had installed some balancing mechanism there!
You know, GOD always favor men.

God is always HE in all religions except Hinduism.
So HE is parochial and chauvinistic.

By the way, do you think that you could translate in to Tamil Mark Twain's Indian Crow?
I have already posted it. It will be very humorous.

Dear sir,

Women are more intuitive, more observant, more sensitive, more emotional, more sentimental, more eloquent, more linguistic,
more courageous and more optimistic.

But I beg to differ from the statement women are week in arithmetic.c We know all the things happening but we pretend to over look or just forgive silently and give a longer rope.

A man who had smoked will be detected a woman when he is one furlong away. A man who has had some theertham secretly will avoid a women like a postman avoiding s silent dog.

But his very movements will disclose and highlight what he wanted to hide. YET she would pretend NOT to notice or just overlook for the sake of peace in the house - so as not to miss the night's sleep after a long and tiring day- due to a drunken brawl in the middle of the night.

I am interested to give a try with your Indian Crow and I have high regards for mark Twain as a writer. Can you please give the details of the title of thread and post number etc to save me some time and trouble in searching for it?

Recently a member asked me to write a poem in Tamil similar to the nursery rhyme "For want of a nail..." and the product is the Sanyaasi to Samsaari
in my thread Think or Sink. He seems to be happy with the poem! :)

Dear Sir,

I located your thread and post. I have tried my hand on the first para!

It has been posted under your post in Knowledge base.

If this is what you had in mind, I will proceed or I will quit my effort! :bolt:
The passage is really long for a single poem! :bump2:

In fact it may become so long that I may not read my own post! :rolleyes:

Remember I am allergic to very long posts (including my own!)??? :high5:

Yes. I read the item sent by you. It is very good. It may be in poetry or prose.
Thanks for the translation.
As long as the humour is brought out in translation it is fine.
If you proceed in the same line it would be very good.
It will be your major contribution to Tamil.With suitable pictures it would be liked by young and old.

As far as I know I dont see much about Mark Twain in Tamil.
Some people tried Bernard Shaw. I translated his St Jones in Tamil for the BBC Tamil Service. But it is not published.

I would like people to translate essayists like Robert Lynd, Max Beerbohm .
Shakespeare is available in plenty in Tamil.

Translating another man's thoughts (into poetry) requires so much more time than composing our own thoughts in to poetry.

I usually spend maximum 15 minutes to compose the Vinayaka/ Siva/ Vishnu stories I am presenting in poem form as a rough copy.

Another 15 minutes to fair copy it in another note book, while improving the rhyme-wherever possible,.

Typing in Tamil and translating it might take 30 to 45 minutes depending on the length of the poem.

One para of the Indian crow NEEDED nearly 75 minutes of my time to compose, improve and type it in Tamil.

Which means I could not get any of own poems ready today!

Last edited:
That is very true.

Nowadays I don't have much time to read articles written by others.
It is not arrogance. Sheer lack of time.
As soon as I come home from office I start writing my own articles, after checking e mails, Facebook, Newspapers etc.
So I wonder whether you have published your writings in book form or e books.
I am going to Chennai in April/May. I will buy them.
I find it easier to read on the train. I travel 3 hours a day to go to work.

I dont know whether Tamil brahmins.com has a publishing wing.
If they dont have, I wish they launch one.
We can help them in editing etc.
The money made out of such sales can be divided between tamilbrahmins and the authors.

Dear Sir,

As writers of some real substance, we have to read a lot to gather materials for our own write ups.

I too do not find time to read much in the Forum. If I do it, then I won't be ale to write this much! :)

All my blogs (20 so far) have been collectivity presented in My blog of blogs!

<visalakshiramani.weebly.com> with introduction and link to each of the blogs.

In case this link disappears after I post it, you may click on the link given below.

Visalakshi Ramani - My Blog of Blogs.

Happy viewing. I will surely expect some frank feedback from you!

Do you travel 3 hours one way or round trip?

That is quite a lot of time for traveling and studying undisturbed! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest ads

Back