• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can Upanayanam be performed by parents for 2 kids on same day

Status
Not open for further replies.
sastras is not allowing to do like this. your father or brother can do on the same lagnam on the same day.for one boy and for another boy you both can do.

Hi All, I would like to know amongst the two Father and younger brother who is the first preference.What are the rituals followed if my Father sits for the second son and what are the rituals followed if my younger brother sits with my second son.If chittappa sits will he get a son at a future date? If chittappa sits do I have to perform half shradh for my son. are there any mantras when chittappa sits where I have to give away my son to him and than take back after the function is over.Kindly guide me regarding this query.

Hi All, I would like to know amongst the two Father and younger brother who is the first preference.What are the rituals followed if my Father sits for the second son and what are the rituals followed if my younger brother sits with my second son.If chittappa sits will he get a son at a future date? If chittappa sits do I have to perform half shradh for my son. are there any mantras when chittappa sits where I have to give away my son to him and than take back after the function is over.Kindly guide me regarding this query.

I have heard from learned pundits that performing Upanayanam for 2 sons is to be avoided. The practice of doing Brahmopadesam for second son from Chittappa etc is not to be encouraged. No doubt many are performing for 2 sons for convenience and cost reasons, but this is not to be encouraged. Brahmopadesam from biological father when alive is the right method

Also Upanayanam should be performed in Uttarayana, ir between mid-Jan and mid-July

Kannan

அதிக அளவு காயத்திரி ஜபம் செய்தவர்கள் முதலாம் இடத்தில் இருப்பவர்களகும். பூணல் போட்டு வைப்பதால் கழ்ந்தை பிறக்கும் என்று சொல்ல முடியாது. சங்கல்பம் செய்யும் போது நீங்கள் என் மகனுக்கு என்று சொல்ல ப்போகிறீர்கள். உங்கள் தந்தை என் பேரணுக்கு என்று சங்கல்பம் செய்வார். உங்கள் சித்தப்பா அண்ணாவின் பேரனுக்கு என்று சொல்ல போகிறார். உங்கள் தம்பி என் அன்னாவின் குமாரனுக்கு

என்று சொல்ல போகிறார். சங்கல்பம் செய்யும் போது. மற்றவை எல்லாம் வழக்கம் போல் உண்டு. உங்கள் சித்தப்பா செய்தாலும் நீங்கள் முழுவதும் செய்யும் நாந்தி சிராத்தம் ஒன்று போதும்.ஆதலால் உங்கள் சித்தப்பாவிற்கு கொடுக்கும் வாங்கும் மந்திரங்களும் கிடையாது.,இம்மாதிரி பழக்கமும் கிடையாது. க்ருஷ்ண அங்காரக சதுர்தசி ஸ்டிக்கி த்ரெஅடில்

Hi Gopalan mama,Thanks a Lot. I just wanted to make it clear that wherever I had put chittapa it is actually my own younger brother. It is chittapa for my sons.Hi All, I would like to know amongst the two Father and younger brother who is the first preference.What are the rituals followed if my Father sits for the second son and what are the rituals followed if my younger brother sits with my second son.If my younger brother sits will he get a son at a future date? If my younger brother sits do I have to perform half shradh for my son. are there any mantras when my younger brother sits where I have to give away my son to him and than take back after the function is over.Kindly guide me regarding this query.

Best is to avoid same year [Tamil Calendar]. This is applicable for both marriage and upanayanam.

There is also one school of thought of separating events by krishnapaksham and shuklapaksham - though I have no conclusive information on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back