• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can we do daily Puja by just offering flowers and reciting mantra.

• Thread starter Thread starter machu1980
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bhagavas Gita, Chapter 9, Verse 26:

" पत्रं पुष्पं फलं तॊयं यॊ मे भक्त्या परयच्छति
तद अहं भक्त्युपहृतम अश्नामि परयतात्मनः"

'patram puspam phalam toyam
yo me bhaktya prayacchati
tad aham bhakty upahrtam
asnami prayatatmanah'

Sri Krishna Says

'If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit or water, I will accept it.'

Bhagavad-Gita: Chapter 9, Verse 26
Bhagavad Gita As It Is, 9: The Most Confidential Knowledge, Text 26.

I was thinking about the Gita Verse, but PJji was quicker.

But let me ask you the motive behind your daily puja ritual.
Why are you doing Puja?
You don't have to answer me in this public forum, but answer it to yourself. If you get a sense of why you do the puja you will not have to ask such a question.
What if I say that unless you give me $10,000.00 everyday God is not going to listen to your puja.

Also
Manas Pooja
The Shiv Manas pooja composed by Adi Shankara is a unique prayer. While reciting this prayer, the devotee does not offer anything material as an offering to Shiva. Everything is on the mental level. All that one wants to offer to Shiva is offered in the mind of the devotee reciting this prayer. One can offer thing he desires to Shiva in his mind.Adi Shankara most probably wanted to do away with rituals and flaunting of wealth by wealthy devotees, hence this unique prayer.Shiv Manas Pooja-English-Hindi ~ Prophet666

Dear All,

Can we do daily Puja by just offering flowers and reciting namavali.

Is it ok If we don't offer naiveydyam . Please advice. I do puja on Monday for Shiv, Ganesh and mangal on Tuesday a, Lakshmi on Friday , hanuman and Shani on Saturday.

If you think impartially, no one has seen any of these gods Shiva, Ganesh, Mangal, Lakshmi, Hanuman, Shani, etc., nor has anyone heard any of them speak. It is Man who has created these and very many other gods, out of his own (man's own) imagination, and, again, it is Man who has laid down rules about when, how and why to do puja to all these gods. What has happened is all these man-made ideas, rules and regulations have been effectively instilled into people's brains with so much efficiency that people get worked up when this simple fact is told, and people get worried if they are, for some reason, unable to follow any of these ideas (with which they have been deeply brainwashed). (You will find many posts rebutting this view; all those are only proofs, if proofs are required, for the truth in what I have written above.)

Therefore, there is no need to worry about aspects/difficulties such as the one you have raised in your Original Post. These gods are your own mental creations and the puja you are doing is also as per your mental plans. Anything goes!

But, if you have to follow the written down rules in the scriptures regarding puja, one has to do a complete puja, and no shortcuts are allowed; the Bhagavadgita verse cited in one of the above posts only says that "'If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit or water, I will accept it.'"; it does not say (rather Krishna did not say) that this alone would be sufficient as puja; that is clever twist given by our priesthood in extolling the Geetha. What it means that anything offered without "Bhakti" (and bhakti does not mean 'love and devotion'; its meaning is different and cannot be expressed in English) will not be accepted by Krishna; it will be summarily rejected.

My forefathers used to say that any puja half done is a very serious sin and will haunt you for the next 2 x 7 = 14 rebirths as one of the mahaapaatakams.

So, finally, it is up to you to decide which route to take!

sir machu...v hv to offer naivedyam....daily in the mng and eng. just a small cup of milk or kalkandu..or pazham..anything ..that
u can offer..it can b used afterwards by you.
naivedhyam is must.

If you think impartially, no one has seen any of these gods Shiva, Ganesh, Mangal, Lakshmi, Hanuman, Shani, etc., nor has anyone heard any of them speak. It is Man who has created these and very many other gods, out of his own (man's own) imagination, and, again, it is Man who has laid down rules about when, how and why to do puja to all these gods. What has happened is all these man-made ideas, rules and regulations have been effectively instilled into people's brains with so much efficiency that people get worked up when this simple fact is told, and people get worried if they are, for some reason, unable to follow any of these ideas (with which they have been deeply brainwashed). (You will find many posts rebutting this view; all those are only proofs, if proofs are required, for the truth in what I have written above.)

Therefore, there is no need to worry about aspects/difficulties such as the one you have raised in your Original Post. These gods are your own mental creations and the puja you are doing is also as per your mental plans. Anything goes!

But, if you have to follow the written down rules in the scriptures regarding puja, one has to do a complete puja, and no shortcuts are allowed; the Bhagavadgita verse cited in one of the above posts only says that "'If one offers Me with love and devotion a leaf, a flower, a fruit or water, I will accept it.'"; it does not say (rather Krishna did not say) that this alone would be sufficient as puja; that is clever twist given by our priesthood in extolling the Geetha. What it means that anything offered without "Bhakti" (and bhakti does not mean 'love and devotion'; its meaning is different and cannot be expressed in English) will not be accepted by Krishna; it will be summarily rejected.

My forefathers used to say that any puja half done is a very serious sin and will haunt you for the next 2 x 7 = 14 rebirths as one of the mahaapaatakams.

So, finally, it is up to you to decide which route to take!

Full of rubbish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back