• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can we use Tharbai instead of Samith?

Status
Not open for further replies.
'samith' itself means the naturally dried twigs of the peepul tree. Samidaadhaanam means tending the sacred fire with Samith. Using darbhai is against saastras.

Dear all,

can we use "tharbai" instead of "samith" for doing samidadhanam,

can anybody explain

Reg,
Simha

I am no expert..but won't it be logical to use Samith after all its Samidadhanam? Why should we use anything else when the name itself is self explanatory.

hi

wow ....doctor madam....

Dear TBS Garu,

Why wow?

The name itself is self explanatory.

Samidh technically means wood according to the dictionary...its does not specify which type of wood but it mainly denotes wood used for sacrificial fires.....AdhAnam means placing.

So which wood to place?

Well the recommended is usually the peepul tree wood from what I have read.

Let us understand that these 2 words are different & items are different & the uses are specified & we do follow these in our religious activities. Vadhyars would always rise up to the occasions & would & are resolving to the satisfaction of Kartha day in & day out. Suddenly one posing a Q may not be necessary.
A.Srinivasan

Let us understand that these 2 words are different & items are different & the uses are specified & we do follow these in our religious activities. Vadhyars would always rise up to the occasions & would & are resolving to the satisfaction of Kartha day in & day out. Suddenly one posing a Q may not be necessary.
A.Srinivasan

Dear Sir,

But what is wrong if someone poses a question?

I see no harm if one seeks clarification.

You are absolutely right Mr. rishikesan, Vadhiyars always try to satisfy with what is available. one sastrigal told it is easy to do with tharbai since it will catch fire easily further , tharbai and samith both have the same effects. thats why i posted this question. so the sastrigal told do it with tharbai whihc is also available in plenty.
Reg,
Srisimha

there is no versioh in dharmasastram to use dharbai instead od sam;ith.
the name itself is samithadhaqnam then it is not correct using dharbai
instead of samith in this place. but I know dharbaui is used inNavagraha homaqm
for kethu graha. there is is used as samit for that graham. the version of sastrigal is
his own for conveniece he may tell like this. I have also heard this versin from some
others also. In practice dharbai is used as subnstitute of samith by some vaitheekas.
so you cand ecide yourself according your satisfaction.

RSR

Dear TBS Garu,

Why wow?

The name itself is self explanatory.

Samidh technically means wood according to the dictionary...its does not specify which type of wood but it mainly denotes wood used for sacrificial fires.....AdhAnam means placing.

So which wood to place?

Well the recommended is usually the peepul tree wood from what I have read.

hi

yours self explanatory is better than others...lah...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back