• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Doubt about which day to do the Poorvangam before Upanayanam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Namaskarams, we are planning to do Upanayanam for our only son this year Vaikasi month in our Kuladeivam temple (near Kumbakonam). Can the Poorvangam (Udaka Shanthi and Nandi) be done at home in [COLOR=#009900 !important]Chennai
before [COLOR=#009900 !important]3 days[/COLOR] or should it be done only on the previous day?​
[/COLOR]
Kindly advice the best day to do the poorvangam.
Thanks in Advance

Dear sir
Poorvangam for Upanayanam can be performed the day before upanayanam. If any of thithi or natchatra or tyoga is not favaourable then it can be dolne
one day before. The ahathu vathiyar can guide you in this regard.

Further I wish to inform you that poorvangam includes the following samskaaranga. Jatha karma,.Uthaana, Naamakaranana, Annapraasana,Prabaasagamana,
Pidavarthana chowlam. for each of these samskarams as per dharmasastra the kalam had dertermined. But we are not dling the samsarams oat the prescriebed time.
So totaly al these samskarams are done with a small prayachitham on oneday i.e poorvangam In poorvangam Nandhi is inculded but udaga santhi is seperate
to purify the vadu or thambathikal.

In my opinion already we are doing the samsklarams belated. So this should be done before upanayanam then onely the boy is eligible to do upanayanam.
Nohin wrong in doing poorvangam previously. If it is poossible udakasanthi can be done the day before upanayanam Kindly consult your ahathuvaathiyar or
brahaspathi who is doing upanayanam. I f poossibel also informme the views of vatthiyar so it is helpuf for others.

Rajappa Namakkal

<Mr.Gopalanji I am not against in doing poorvangam previous day. I want to say that it is not necesary that porrvangam to be done on the
previous day only. As per convenience we can do poorvangam before upanaqyanam. some are haivng practice of doing udagashanmti on the previous day.
Udagasanthi is differencee from poorvangam. Kindlyu quote any sootra vakkiyam in dharmasastram or in kalpasootram stating that poorvangam to be done
only on the previous day so this will helkpful for all.

I am not against in doing poorvangam on the previous day. But my version is that it should be performed before upanayam 3 or 4 days before or within a week time before upanayanam.

Rajappa Namakkal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back