• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Grahapravesham - house warming - homams to be performed

Status
Not open for further replies.
details of Grahapravesam are there in the sticky thread in rituals, ceremonies and poojas . in the amasoma vara pradhakshinam sticky tjread first page 5th thread.

could you enlighten me on rituals to be performed by iyengars . for gruha pravesam. thanks

for iyengars:

1.Consult an astrologer and fix an auspicious day and time for the Grihapravesam(GP). While going for the consultation take the horoscope of the husband and wife who are going to do the GP.

2. On the GP day you may perform the vAstu Homam and Navagraha Homam. If you have the time and inclination you can also perform the Sudarsana Homam and purushasukta homam.

3.The purohit will do a small japam at your present residence and carry punyakavachana theertham from that home to the new home for purification before starting the rituals.

For fixing a good and sincere purohit consult your elders in the neighbourhood or among your relatives. The cost for all this may come to Rs. 15,000/- (Anujnai 1000/-+Vaidheekaal sambavanai 1300x4=5200/-+Vadhyar sambhavanai Rs. 6000/-+Perumal,Acharyan sambhavanai 2000/-(this will be delivered to your personal God's temple and to your Acharyan as donation) +incidental expenses like ghee, cowdung varatti cloth, Dhoti and angavastram, towels etc. Rs. 1000/- total being 15,200/-

thank you very much vaagmiji
you have explained to me in simple terms that I can comprehend .
what is anujnai. the term is new to me
what do swayamacharya do . they do not have acharyans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back