• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

How to do shrada at Rameshwaram ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I took the contact number from this forum only. You can contact
Sundar Sastrigal - 09443321641. He will arrange everything. He is also the Manager/Chief of Kanchi mutt there. So he can book the room and arrange for other logistics.

I took the train from Chennai and reached Rameswaram in the morning, went to Kanchi mutt through an auto.
Morning, we went to Danushkoti through a jeep and did tharpanam there. Then came back to Agni Theertham (Next to the mutt lodge). From there went to the temple to have darshan.
Returned through an evening train.

Did the same again, after visiting Kashi.

thanks Venkatprakash, for the information. Can you please tell me what Sastri Ji charges for the shrada at Rameshwaram?

I am sorry, but if my memory is correct he charged around Rs.400 towards room charges and around Rs.2000 towards vaideega charges. Jeep trip to Danushkoti is separate (if we opt for). I strongly suggest you to go to Danushkoti. These rates were in 2013. Please check with him. But he is an excellent person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back