• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Masigam, Sodhakumbam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Sirs,

My mother passed away 26-Feb-2016 @ 11:05 PM. Mother' children are 3 son and 1 daughter.

All of us are staying in different locations. Eldest brother (with 2 other brothers) did "Karma" and left to his place after finishing 13 ritual days. Now family problem started and there is no unity with eldest person.

I was told by Sastrigal/Vaadhyar as: 27th day, 45th day, 6th month ceremony, monthly Masikam and Sodhakumbaram are mandatory and should be performed by eldest brother (other brothers should accompany him).

My situation now is:

1) Eldest brother performs only "Hiranya Srardham" for 27th day, 45th day, 6th month and yearly (Varushaapthigam). I did not hear about masigam, sodhakumbam.
2) Eldest brother is not wiling to have relationship with others and willing to accommodate others

With this, request your advise for younger brothers on what can be done. We expect mother soul to rest in peace.

Thanks,
Kumar.

Dear Sir,

I am sorry to read your article. Your family Sastrigal could have given you a list of Oonam, Sodhakumbam and Maseegam to be performed upto year - end Srardham and Subasweekaram. Eldest Son is the Kartha and has to perform everything. Other brothers can stand by him only. If they are at different places, eldest brother has to inform the youngsters on completion. Then only they can take meals.

This is to aid the Soul on ts onward journey, to quench its thirst and hunger. You cannot skip Sodhakumbam, but can combine two Maseegams, if there is no other go.

Doing Hiranyam is not appropriate.

Pray to Almighty. This only you can do.

R.Ramaswami

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your response and advise.

Sastrigal who performed 13 days rituals told about this but now the situation is changed by eldest brother. He said, he consulted local Sastrigal and they advised so. He started creating other family problems.

I was thinking can I do "Thevasam", "Sodhakumam" in my home with my others in family and got response as "Yes", "No" from different Sastrigal. Could not take a decision and all others in my family are very upset with the current happening.

Praying God to help fixing this problem.

Warm Regards,
Kumar.

Dear Sir,

Missed to mention this in my earlier response, Sastrigal who performed 13th day told about Masigam, Sodhakumbam. Eldest brother takes decision to perform only 27th day, 45th day, 6 months by "Hiranya Srartham" and I did not hear anything about Masigam, Sodhakumbam (that should be performed every month) from him.

Thanks,
Kumar.

Dear Sir,

This is Kaliyugam. Only eldest son is authorized to perform all "kariams" Younger ones can only stand by him.

Only after year end Aaptheega Srardham, can other sons perform Srardham every year, if they are at different places.

For your reference, I give below the list.

27th day, 45 th day and Sixth month oona masigam and Aaptheega oona masigam. Should be done without fail.

Every month Sodhakumbam and Masigam. It is advisable to perform them every month. Nowadays, people skip them to suit their

convenience

Sodhakumbam, Varsha Aaptheega Srardham and Subasweekaram. Must perform.

They are fixed based on the Star of Eldest Son(Kartha).

R.Ramaswami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back