• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

muhoortham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pl clarify the following.
While fixing a muhurtham for marriage/sashtiapthpoorthy i am told that in any muhutrha lagnam either raghukalam or yemakandam should not be either in the beginning or at tne middle/end meana the lagnam must be free from the above .is it correct.if so when there is no other muhurthamfor sashtiapthpoorthy what to do.pl clarify.donr advice me these are all old customs etc.i beleive it and tell me.
Ramani

Pl clarify the following.
While fixing a muhurtham for marriage/sashtiapthpoorthy i am told that in any muhutrha lagnam either raghukalam or yemakandam should not be either in the beginning or at tne middle/end meana the lagnam must be free from the above .is it correct.if so when there is no other muhurthamfor sashtiapthpoorthy what to do.pl clarify.donr advice me these are all old customs etc.i beleive it and tell me.
Ramani
In the case of marriage, it will be necessary to consider another date and if some one believes in these things it should be possible to change the date also. "Yamagandam" is not considered very important by many people; only "rahu kalam" is generally more observed. If there is "no muhurtham at all" on the day of Shashtiabdapoorthy day, it may be acceptable to do "raahu preeti" and conduct the function which is only a "saanti". But usually the Shashtiabdapoorthy being a definite function which cannot be postponed (except in certain exceptional circumstances) people do not give as much importance to the selection of a "muhoortam" as such (as in the case of marriage) and fix the time for the santi (abhishekam) at a convenient time for people to assemble and get the blessings of the person. (Generally between 09-30 A.M and 12-30 P.M.) Aspects, associaton of planets with muhurta lagna etc., are not considered as important. It is also quite posssible that for Shashtiabdapoorthy, no good muhoortam is available at all on that day. I have not heard of the celebration being postponed on this count to the next month or next year, but when a different date (later year) has gone on offficial record, people have simply performed a 'rudraikaadasi' on the actual 60th. birthday without any outsiders, and celebrated it subsequently when they complete 60 years officially!! Hence, if a person is very particular about a good muhoortam for Shashtiabdapoorthy (or for Satabhishekam, as well) he should postpone its conduct to the next month or next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest ads

Back