• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Muneeswaran Prayers for Baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that Muneeswaran is your family deity(Kuladeivam). You have not mentioned where this temple is located.(For Muneeswaran, there are number of temples spread over Tamilnadu. Normally Munesswaran Temple will be away from City. I understand that you are in South Africa.If you intend to visit your native place and perform tonsuring, that is different. Please clarify.

R.Ramaswami

Thanks for the reply.

I am located in SA. I do not know of any temples here dedicated to Lord Muneeswaran but the intention is to perform tonsuring here in SA, as this is my place of birth. The traditions are well and alive here, however some temples as found in India are not widespread here.

Good. Do you have a picture of your Kuladeivam(Muneeswarar) at your house? If available it is good. If not, do not worry. Any God's picture will suffice. I am sure your child has completed one year. In that case, on an auspicious day (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday) yourself, your wife and other elders in the family take a bath. Choose a time excluding Rahu Kalam, Yamagandam and Kuligai. Ask the maternal uncle of the child to sit facing the East and keep the Child in his lap tightly. if no uncle is available, yourself or your father can keep the child in the lap.Pray to Lord Muneeswaran, that as a gratitude for giving you the child and as per family custom, you are offering the Child,s hair.And pray to him to bestow his blessings on the child. Let the child grow with all positives and good health. Then perform tonsuring. After tonsuring, give the child a bath and apply sandalwood paste on his head (to soothe the burning feeling), apply Vibhuthi and Kumkum on his forehead, dress him in new cloths, garland him. Let the Maternal Uncle or whoever held the child in the lap also take bath, wear fresh clothes, wear Vibhuthi and kumkum on the forehead and carry the child on his shoulder and bring him into the house. Yourself and your wife offer flowers to Lord and prostrate before his picture along with the child. This much you can perform in SA.

Vaazhga, Valarga, Valamudan Irukka.

R.Ramaswami

Thank you very much for the above. Insightful and helpful. I also confirmed with some elders in my family.

Nandri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back