• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

name of my son sai

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Hetal,

No religious leader of any kind has ever agreed on anything.Some will say Vishnu is supreme..some will say Shiva is supreme. Some will say Sai is not true etc.

Some will believe in Advaita..some will believe in Vishistadvaita and go one debating for hours.

Finally we can only fall back on ourselves.

So you decide what you really want to do.

This has to be your decision becos when you named your son it was your decision..so if you want to change his name it has to be your decision too.

Just say if tomorrow the Shankaracharya on his dying bed has a vision of Shiridi Sai and start to sing 'Sai Nath Tere Hazaro Hath"..will you want to change your sons's name back to Sai again?

So just believe in yourself. Do what you feel is right not becos anyone else tells you so.

Remember its your life.

Hi all
Pls guide me.. We HV kept my son s name as sainathan since Nathan suffix is used by his grandpa and father too as ramanathan and VIshwanathan respectively. But since shankaracharya has opposed Sai Pooja ... I am little confused and worried for my son s name... He is two years now. Shall I change his name ,? Pls guide...

Shri Hetal,

The word "Sai" means "Paramahamsa" according to Bengali Vaishnavite tradition (see https://www.facebook.com/notes/sabk...-paramhans-jai-jai-sainath-ma/621892674492640). The word is originally from Persian where it means 'a sufi saint' or 'poor'. The affix 'nathan' is a sanskrit-derivative meaning 'master, protector, patron, refuge, leader, etc.'

Hence the name 'sainathan' means one who is a lord/master of sai. If you hold any sai in high regard, then it is little inappropriate to name your son as 'sainathan'; perhaps you may consider 'saidasan' instead.

Your son's name will become important only when you get him admitted to school because that name will continue for the rest of his life. So if you do not want to keep the name sainathan you can change it to Kailasnathan (logic-Ramanathan, vishwanathan progresses to kailasnathan from south towards north it is steady progress) and call him sai at home using it as a nickname. As the child is just 2 yrs old you have enough time to decide.

Puri Shankaracharya is against shirdi said baba worship as he is a Muslim. Sai name has nothing objectionable.
Hi all
Pls guide me.. We HV kept my son s name as sainathan since Nathan suffix is used by his grandpa and father too as ramanathan and VIshwanathan respectively. But since shankaracharya has opposed Sai Pooja ... I am little confused and worried for my son s name... He is two years now. Shall I change his name ,? Pls guide...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back