• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

one year functions and festivals after a demise in the family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All

My husband's Athai (ie my husband's father's sister or simply my father in law's sister) passed away recently few months back. Now, I have doubt. We belong to Iyer brahmin family. I was told that I am not supposed to go visit and recieve vettali paku nor give/offer any vettalai paku to ladies during Navarathri functions etc. During the recently concluded Adi month, I was told this. I am also told that we cannot celebrate other functions like pillair chaturthi and other functions in grand manner.

I am also told not to keep golu at home during navarathri.

I need your kind advise on all these matters. Do I have to observerve all these for the next 1 year.

Awaiting your valuable feedback

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back