• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Param Vir Chakra - Who designed and what it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmanyan

Param Vir Chakra.webp
Param Vir Chakra –India’s highest gallantry award Who Designed it and What it means.

Ask any aspirant, serving or a retired personal of Indian Defence Services, these three words “Param Veer Chakra” mean more than their life to them. Many who have attained Martyrdom while fighting for the nation with extreme courage have been honoured by this medal, for every other young man who stands at the Line of Action it is the ultimate dream & honour. Have we ever thought about what does the design on that medal mean or who designed it? This year July,20,2013 will be the Birth Centenary of the designer of this most coveted medal Smt.Savitri Khanolkar,( born Eve Yvonne Maday de Maros, on July 20, 1913).

An interesting Article on Param Vir Chakra is available in the following weblink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savitri_Khanolkar

Last edited:
hi sir
generally PVC awarded to posthomus only....means who died in war/action....but there still living PVC awardees...like subedar major

bana singh... i think so...its highest gallantry award...like bharat ratna...a civilian award....every year military parade....there

is special contigent of PVC awardees...

There was a series on DD on PVC (dramatized true incidents) quite some years ago when I was a lil boy.

View attachment 2873
Param Vir Chakra –India’s highest gallantry award Who Designed it and What it means.

Ask any aspirant, serving or a retired personal of Indian Defence Services, these three words “Param Veer Chakra” mean more than their life to them. Many who have attained Martyrdom while fighting for the nation with extreme courage have been honoured by this medal, for every other young man who stands at the Line of Action it is the ultimate dream & honour. Have we ever thought about what does the design on that medal mean or who designed it? This year July,20,2013 will be the Birth Centenary of the designer of this most coveted medal Smt.Savitri Khanolkar,( born Eve Yvonne Maday de Maros, on July 20, 1913).

An interesting Article on Param Vir Chakra is available in the following weblink:

Savitri Khanolkar - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wonderful article, thank you for the information.
I hope the hate foreigner brigade does not find out the true Savitri.

Wonderful article, thank you for the information.
I hope the hate foreigner brigade does not find out the true Savitri.

Dear Sri Prasad,

I got this information in a forwarded message from my relative who is a retired Air force officer
who held a high post. The message was based on an Article published in Deccan Herald on November 1, 2003. The original Article is available in the External Link given in the Wikipedia link under the caption The Paramvir Chakra and A Young Girl's Compassion.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore

hi sir
generally PVC awarded to posthomus only....means who died in war/action....but there still living PVC awardees...like subedar major

bana singh... i think so...its highest gallantry award...like bharat ratna...a civilian award....every year military parade....there

is special contigent of PVC awardees...

The supreme sacrifice, of that of life, for the sake of a nation (and its people) deserves a standing ovation from ordinary fun loving citizens like me.

Salute.

Dear Sri Prasad,

I got this information in a forwarded message from my relative who is a retired Air force officer
who held a high post. The message was based on an Article published in Deccan Herald on November 1, 2003. The original Article is available in the External Link given in the Wikipedia link under the caption The Paramvir Chakra and A Young Girl's Compassion.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore

Shri Brahmanyan,

Thank you for posting this wonder article. Mrs.Savitribai Khanolkar, who was really a Foreigner, indeed converted herself to a True Indian (marrying an Indian Army Officer out of her True Love) with all her love and compassion towards mother India, towards Hinduism, towards Indian Traditions and ideals and towards Indians , with her smooth and effortless integration into Indian Society and was a great human, serving the human kind with her social services to soldiers and their family.

Ironically some don't understand towards which kind of foreigners and on what grounds towards such foreigners these "Hate Foreigner Brigades" have utter contempt.

May we have many such Savitribai and bhaiyaas from foreign land who would add honor and pride and to India and Indians.

Shri.Brahmanyan, thank you so much for providing the link, to pass on an important message about a foreigner who could do great things to India and Indians, other than giving us a detailed information on her great personality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back