• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Performance of Varalakshmi Puja after death of a relative

• Thread starter Thread starter Krishnan2008
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Krishnan2008

My wife and I are in the Middle East. She observes Varalakshmi Vratham and we both come to India during that time every year. This is a very important worship for both of us and by Varalakshmi's Grace we try to perform this with shraddha at home in India.

My cousin brother's wife (Periappa's son's wife) passed away recently. The day on which Varalakshmi Vratham falls this year will be one month after the demise.

Our Vadhyaar as well as my brother say that because of the one year theetu the Varalakshmi Puja should not be performed by us at home. My wife is deeply disappointed. So am I. The Varalakshmi Puja has been a big event for both of us over many years and it is the Grace of the Goddess that keeps us going. I have been reading some of the posts on theetu in the Forum with a view to understand the correct position. I am still not very clear.

I would be deeply grateful for guidance. We would like to perform the Varalakshmi Puja but at the same time we do not wish to commit any transgression that may involve negative consequences. This is an important issue for both of us. If learned and knowledgeable members of this Forum can provide us with advice on the right path to follow it will be of invaluable help. Thank you in advance and Namaskarams.

Krishnan

ஒரு மாதந்தான் ஆவதால் உங்கள் வீட்டில் வரலக்‌ஷ்மி வ்ரத பூஜை செய்யக்கூடாது. வேறு நண்பர்கள் வீட்டிற்கு செல்லலாம். உங்களுக்காக வரலக்ஷ்மி வ்ரத சரடு அவர்கள் சேர்த்து வைத்து பூஜை அவர்கள் செய்து உங்களுக்கு அவர்கள் கொடுப்பார்கள். நீங்கள் அவர்கள் பூஜையில் புஷ்பங்கள் போடலாம். அவர்கள் வீட்டில் டிபன் சாப்பிடலாம். சரடு கட்டிக்கொள்ளலாம். இது தான் ஆதி காலத்து பழக்கம்.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back