• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Performing Maasikam in South Africa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Elders,

Namasakarams. I am Kaarthik Hariharan, Iyer Ambastamba Soothram. My father passed away in January this year. I am his only son and I have so far performed 7 maasiyam as Hiranyashradham in Trivandrum. My work has brought me to Johannesburg and I want to continue doing appa's maasiyam here too. I have found a guru who has consented to perform the maasiyam.

However, the ritual is to be performed in Sree Ayyappan Temple as he is the melshanti there. My question is, can I visit the temple and perfom rituals? It has a "kodimaram" as well.

I wil be performing 8th to 11th maasiyam at Johanesburg and return to India to do the first aaatu devas am. All the Oona maasiyam have been done and the next ne is alone to be done during aatudevasam only.

Kindly advise.

Regards,
Kaarthik H

Dear Elders,

Namasakarams. I am Kaarthik Hariharan, Iyer Ambastamba Soothram. My father passed away in January this year. I am his only son and I have so far performed 7 maasiyam as Hiranyashradham in Trivandrum. My work has brought me to Johannesburg and I want to continue doing appa's maasiyam here too. I have found a guru who has consented to perform the maasiyam.

However, the ritual is to be performed in Sree Ayyappan Temple as he is the melshanti there. My question is, can I visit the temple and perfom rituals? It has a "kodimaram" as well.

I wil be performing 8th to 11th maasiyam at Johanesburg and return to India to do the first aaatu devas am. All the Oona maasiyam have been done and the next ne is alone to be done during aatudevasam only.

Kindly advise.

Regards,
Kaarthik H

hi

just a suggestion....a parent visited from india to USA recently for 3 months...they have to do masigam for their son....he

died six months back in india....they did like this...just offer rice, dal with vaazhakkai to temple priest and did moksha archana

to lored shiva...lord shiva is mrithunjaya.....you can also try like this.....its like hiranyashradha maasigam...

hi

just a suggestion....a parent visited from india to USA recently for 3 months...they have to do masigam for their son....he

died six months back in india....they did like this...just offer rice, dal with vaazhakkai to temple priest and did moksha archana

to lored shiva...lord shiva is mrithunjaya.....you can also try like this.....its like hiranyashradha maasigam...
TBSji
very wise post
When my father due to old age could not perform annual shraadh for his ancestors also followed the offerings route you have recommended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back