• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Purpose of Upakarma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well. I want to know the correcet thread. to the best of my knowledge the Sravana Purnima is as auspicious day. All brahmins except Sama vedhis are used to
change their yagopaveetham on that day. As per Dharma sastram all has to do Sandyavanthanam, Brahma yagnam, Deva rishi pithru tharpanam Kandarishi tharpaqnam
vedhatyanam daily. Brahmacharis has to do Samithadhanam daily. But due to severam factors some body are not doing all daily. So atleast they shoudl do once in a yearon that sravana pournami day by having prayachitam for samvatsara dhosam and do all on that day. The old yagjopaveethjam is to be replace by a new one.

The next day they hasve to observe gayathri japam 1008 times. Samvehis do Upakarma on Vinayakar chadurthi dayh. If there is any other explanation kindly pose them It is useful fo me and others also.Srinivasmoorthy R

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back