• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

re.Sashtiabdhapoorthi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completed 60 years in March 2012. However, due to the passing away of my mother in January that year, I could not perform Sashtiabdhapoorthi that year. In 2013, owing to some unavoidable situations, again I could not perform the function. Can I do it this March? My close relatives are asking us to do the function at least now as they feel that non-performance of S'poorthi is not good for the family. I consulted a couple of Vadhyars who feel that one can do it till they reach 65. They cite the example of Sadhabishekam which is performed at 80, instead of 100. (Frankly, I don't see the connection!). I shall be grateful for advice.

Thanks and Regards

apsarathy

I completed 60 years in March 2012. However, due to the passing away of my mother in January that year, I could not perform Sashtiabdhapoorthi that year. In 2013, owing to some unavoidable situations, again I could not perform the function. Can I do it this March? My close relatives are asking us to do the function at least now as they feel that non-performance of S'poorthi is not good for the family. I consulted a couple of Vadhyars who feel that one can do it till they reach 65. They cite the example of Sadhabishekam which is performed at 80, instead of 100. (Frankly, I don't see the connection!). I shall be grateful for advice.

Thanks and Regards

apsarathy

hi
shri gopalan sir will help u....just my limited knowledge....the 100 chandra darsanam falls on 80th year....so satabhishekam

can done on 80th instead of 100 yrs....more details will come from gopalan sir....

Dear T B S Sir,

By correct calculation, 1000 chadra dharsanams will happen only in roughly 84 years.

My eldest uncle's sathabhishekam was performed when he was 84!

........... I consulted a couple of Vadhyars who feel that one can do it till they reach 65. .........
I shall be grateful for advice.
Dear Sir,

Please send a PM to Sri. Gopalan. He will reply immediately. His id is:
kgopalan

You may click on his id in the line above to go to his profile page and send PM. :)

Dear T B S Sir,

By correct calculation, 1000 chadra dharsanams will happen only in roughly 84 years.

My eldest uncle's sathabhishekam was performed when he was 84!

hi RR madam....

some months 2 poornimas come ...but very rare......still im not well versed......

Dear TBS Sir,

I think my cousin brother (uncle's son) forgot to calculate the double PoorNimAs and waited for his dad to turn 84!

Here is an interesting paragraph I found in a blog:

"When a person reaches 80 years of age, he would have seen 960 (80x12) plus 29 full moons due to leap months, thus making an aggregate of 989 full moons.

The 1000th Full Moon would have been sighted in the 81st year. A leap month actually arrives sometimes in 29 months and sometimes gets extended up to 35

months. In order to provide for such contingency, this milestone is deemed to have been crossed after completion of 81 years, as per the saying, to err on the

right side. In all Panchaangas (Lunar calenders especially) on the padya or bidige (first or second day of the fortnight cycle after new moon day) of shukla paksha,

notation of "Chandra Darshanam" will be made to indicate sighting of the moon after the preceding new moon day. Whether the person has actually seen the

full moons or not, he has lived the time span covering 1000 full moons when he crosses 81 years. Hence "Sahasra Chandra Darshana Shanti" is conducted one

or two months after the completion of 81 years. After the milestones of 60 years and 70 years, the next natural and logical milestone ought to have been 80 years.

But sighting of 1000th Full Moon is so close to 80 years and also a much better occasion to celebrate and hence has received wide acceptance."

Source: Round The Clock Stories: The 1000th FULL Moon

Dear Sarathy Sir,

Hope you sent a PM to Gopalan Sir. If you get a reply, please share it here with us. Thank you.

ஐம்பத்து நாலாவது வயது துவங்கும் போது பீமசாந்தி செய்துகொள்ள வேண்டும். ஸம்ஸ்க்ருத பாஷையில் கணக்கிடும் முறை யான கடபயாதி ஸங்க்யை முறைப்படி ஒவ்வொரு எழுத்துக்கும் ஒரு எண் உண்டு. இதன் படி பீம என்றால் 54 என்று பொருள். ஆதலால் 54 வது வயதில் இதை செய்து கொள்ள வேண்டும்.

அமாவாசை அன்று சஷ்டிஅப்த பூர்த்தி , சதாபிஷேகம் வந்தால் அமாவாசை தர்பணம் முதலில் செய்து விட்டு பிறகு சாந்தி நிகழ்ச்சி மட்டும் சிறிய முறையில் செய்து கொள்ளலாம்.. ஆனால் அன்று ருத்ர ஏகாதசினி, , ம்ருத்யஞ்ச ஹோமம். நவகிரஹ ஹோமம் செய்து கொள்ளக்கூடாது.

ஒவ்வொரு மனிதருக்கும் அறுபதொன்பது வயது முடிந்து எழுபதாவது வயது ஆரம்பிக்கும் பிறந்த மாத நக்ஷத்ரதன்று செய்யபடவேன்டியது பீம ரத சாந்தி. பீமரதன் என்னும் பெயரில் தெய்வத்தை ஆராதித்து யம பயத்தையும் வியாதியையும் போக்கி கொள்ள வேன்டும்.

கணவனோ மனைவியோ இல்லாமல் தனித்து இருப்பவர்களும் கட்டாயம் இந்த சாந்திகளை செய்துக்கொள்ளத்தான் வேன்டும்.

சதம் என்றால் அநந்தம் முடிவில்லாதது என்ற பொருள் படி அதாவது சத ருத்ரீயம் என ஶ்ரீ ருத்ரத்திற்கு பெயர் இருப்பது போல புத்ரனுக்கு, புத்ரனுக்கு, புத்ரன் பிறந்து விட்டல் ப்ரபெளத்ர ஜனன சாந்தி என்னும் சதாபிஷேகம் செய்து கொள்ள வேண்டும்.

சதாபிஷேகம் இரு வகைப்படும். இரண்டாவது வகை__எண்பது வயது முடிந்து எட்டு மாதங்கள் முடிந்த பிறகு உத்தராயனத்தில் தனது ஜன்ம நக்ஷதிரதன்றோ அல்லது குறிப்பிட்ட நல்ல நக்ஷதிரத்தன்று சதாபிஷேகம் செய்து கொள்ள வேண்டும் என்கிறார் போதாயன மஹரிஷி.இது ஒருவித சதாபிஷேகம்..

மூன்றாம் பிறை சந்த்ர தரிசனம் 12x80=960. ஸுமார் இரன்டரை வருடத்திற்கு ஒரு முறை வருகின்ற அதிக மாதம் இந்த 80 வயதிற்குள் ஸுமார் 32 தடவை வந்து விடுகிறது. ஆதலால் 960+32=992 மூன்றாம் பிறை வந்து விடுகிறது. எட்டு மாதங்கள் ஆனப்பிறகு 1000 மூன்றாம் பிறை சந்திரன் நம்மை கண்டுவிடுகிறது.. ஆதலால் 81வது வயதில் சதாபிசேகம் செய்து கொள்ளலாம்.

செளனக மகரிஷி சதுர்வர்க சிந்தாமணி என்னும் புத்தகத்தில் “”:சஷ்டிஅப்தபூர்த்தி காலே து வாராதீர் பஹு தூஷத: தத் தோஷ பரிஹாராய சாந்திம் குர்யாத் விசக்ஷண;””என்கிறார்.

மனிதனாக பிறந்தவனுக்கு 60வது வயது ஆரம்பமாகும்போது இந்திரியங்களின் செயல்பாடு வலுவிழந்து , உடலிலும் ஒரு சில மாற்றங்கள் ஏற்படுவதால் இந்திரியங்களுக்கு சக்தி கூட்டி ஆயுளை நீட்டிக்க செய்வதற்காகவும்,

61வது வயதில் மனிதனின் உடலில் கெடுதலை உண்டாக்கும் காலயவனன், ஸுதூம்ரனன் போன்ற ஒரு சில கண்ணுக்கு தெறியாத துஷ்ட தேவதைகளின் உபாதையிலிருந்து தன்னை பாதுகாத்துக்கொள்ளவும்

ம்ருத்யுஞ்ஜயன், மார்கண்டேயர் முதலான தெய்வங்களை பூஜை செய்து சஷ்டிஅப்தபூர்த்தி சாந்தியினை கட்டாயம் செய்துகொள்ள வேண்டும்.

61வது வயதன்று செய்து கொள்ள முடியவில்லை எனில் சஷ்டிஅப்தபூர்த்தி பிறகு செய்து கொள்ள முடியாது. ஆனால் வருடா வருடம் பிறந்த நக்ஷதிரதன்று ஆயுஷ்ய ஹோமம் செய்து கொள்ளலாம்..என்ற விதிப்படி ஆயுஷ்ய ஹோமம் செய்து கொள்ளலாம்.

கூஷ்மாண்ட ஹோமம் செய்யலாம்..நவகிரஹ ஹோமம் செய்யலாம்.
ஶ்ரீ ருத்ர ஏகாதசினி என்பது நாம் செய்த அனைத்து பாபங்களையும் போக்கி கொள்வதற்காக ம்ருத்யுஞ்ஜயனான பரமேஸ்வரனை ப்ரார்த்தித்து செய்யபடும் ஓர் கர்மா. ,இதை எப்போது வேன்டுமானாலும், எத்தனை முறை வேண்டுமானாலும் செய்து கொள்ளலாம்.

ஶ்ரீ ருத்ர ஏகாதசினிக்கும் சஷ்டிஅப்தபூர்த்திக்கும் எவ்வித தொடர்புமில்லை.ஶ்ரீ ருத்ர ஏகாதசினி செய்துவிட்டு தான் சஷ்டிஅப்தபூர்த்தி செய்துகொள்ள வேண்டும் என்ற கட்டாயமில்லை.

ஆதலால் ஶ்ரீ ருத்ர ஏகாதசினி, வரும் ஜன்ம மாத ஜன்ம நக்ஷதிரத்தன்று செய்து கொள்ளலாம்.ருத்ர ஜபம் முடிந்தவுடன் ஆயுஷ்ய ஹோமம் செய்துகொண்டு பிறகு ருத்ர ஹோமமும், வஸோர்தாரையும் செய்து கொள்ளலாம்.

61ஆவது ஜன்ம நக்ஷத்திர நாளன்று மட்டும் தான் சஷ்டிஅப்த பூர்த்தி. வாழ்க்கையில் ஒரே ஒரு தடவை தான் உள்ளது.

Dear Madam,

Thanks for your suggestion and accordingly I sent a PM to Shri Gopalan. He has sent a detailed reply which is at thread 8. Bottomline is that I am not eligible to have the benefit of a S'poorthy.

Thank you and Regards,

apsarathy

Dear Gopalan Sir,

Namaskaram. Thank you for your detailed reply. I think I will consider your suggestion to have a Ayushya Homam on 30 March.

Regards,

apsarathy

Dear Sarathy Sir,

First let me convey my best wishes to you.

Thanks a lot for posting the details from Sri. Gopalan.

May God bless you and your family. :pray:

Dear Gopalan Sir,
my husband's date of birth is 21 9 1953. Can we do his sashtiaptha poorthy during this year dec month. Because my daughter and son In law are coming India around that time . Please advise us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back