• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Srardham for Mother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our rishis has written that ""brothers living in a house as joint family, the eldest son. can do sraatham .brothers living in the same street separately must do sraatham also separately.

If brothers live in separate houses in same city or nearby city, should they do Srardham for mother separately ?? Isn't it better to be together & do the Srardham together while remembering your ancestors ??

I remember that about 50 to 60 years ago, brothers living in nearby places used to assemble, with their families, at the eldest brother's house for Sraaddham. Since the number of siblings was large in the olden days (6 or 8 brothers was not unheard of) the Sraaddham day used to look like a big day of feast. Plus, there were grumblings from the eldest brother's wife (towards her Orpidis) for the unduly heavy expense cast on her household! In some families this problem was solved by straightforward business-like way of sharing the expense by all the brothers.

All the families of my three chithappAs used to assemble at our sweet home, for the srAddham of my paternal grandma, as it will

occur during summer vacation. Mom struggled alone in the kitchen, whereas chithis wore
only six yards sarees and stayed cool!

We siblings and one of the chithappAs would do all odd jobs to assist her. In fact, as kids, we used to look forward to our pAtti's Day! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back