• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

srardham (Thevasam)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ram Ram,
I am in the situation. Tomorrow I have to perform shradhham of my father independently as my elders are doing at different places.
I don't whether I have to do only independently hereafter in future

My sammanthi expired last year and his Varushaapthikam is nearing within another two months. His only son who is now in USA informed that it will not be possible for him to go over to Chennai/India due to leave restrictions and requested to find out if someone from very close relatives such as his paternal uncle(chittappa) could perform the aapthikam and other connected kriyaas in his absence. Or this aapthikam could be performed on a latter date when he visits chennai? I am in a fix as to what should I advise him in this respect. Could anyone who is wellversed in saastraas and rituals may kindly give their opinions,suggestions and advice, and help me to solve this problem.

My sammanthi expired last year and his Varushaapthikam is nearing within another two months. His only son who is now in USA informed that it will not be possible for him to go over to Chennai/India due to leave restrictions and requested to find out if someone from very close relatives such as his paternal uncle(chittappa) could perform the aapthikam and other connected kriyaas in his absence. Or this aapthikam could be performed on a latter date when he visits chennai? I am in a fix as to what should I advise him in this respect. Could anyone who is wellversed in saastraas and rituals may kindly give their opinions,suggestions and advice, and help me to solve this problem.

Mr.Sangom and others,
For my above post I have been anxiously awaiting to receive advice,suggestion,or any valuable informations from our honourable members but to my dismay so far I have not received any reply. persons who are wellversed in sastram,samprathaayam,vaideekam etc., may kindly reply to the above. PSN.

Dear P S N Sir,

Please send a PM to the members whom you expect to answer including Sri. K.Gopalan.( User name :
kgopalan )

Mr.Sangom and others,
For my above post I have been anxiously awaiting to receive advice,suggestion,or any valuable informations from our honourable members but to my dismay so far I have not received any reply. persons who are wellversed in sastram,samprathaayam,vaideekam etc., may kindly reply to the above. PSN.

The Abdeekam and more especially, the sapiNDeekaraNam is very important from the pov of the orthodox people. If this is not done on the appointed day, the soul of the deceased person will not enter pitrulOkam and this has to be done by the eldest surviving son only and not by anyone else.

If the son cannot come down to India he can perform the ceremonies in a convenient centre in USA. If however your sammanthi's family are not orthodox and do not believe in pitrulOkam, pitru SApam, etc., the whole thing can be omitted also. After all do the westerners have such hassles? And are they all suffering from pitruSApams?

The Abdeekam and more especially, the sapiNDeekaraNam is very important from the pov of the orthodox people. If this is not done on the appointed day, the soul of the deceased person will not enter pitrulOkam and this has to be done by the eldest surviving son only and not by anyone else.

If the son cannot come down to India he can perform the ceremonies in a convenient centre in USA. If however your sammanthi's family are not orthodox and do not believe in pitrulOkam, pitru SApam, etc., the whole thing can be omitted also. After all do the westerners have such hassles? And are they all suffering from pitruSApams?

Mr.Sangom,
Thank you very much for your informative reply. I shall forward the same to the concerned persons to be decided by them..
With regards
PSN

As per dharma sastram, if brothers live under the same roof and the properties are undivided, then, it is sufficient if the elder brother does all the srartham. However, if they lived separately, then each of them will have to perform srartham independently. If the brothers come to live together still the requirement is to have to srartham (separate homam) done. The food though can be commonly prepared. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back