• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sri Saraswathi Puja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Saraswathi Puja

She is the wife of the Creator Brahma and is often picturised dressed in white symbolising purity of knowledge.

She is also often picturised with four arms which represent the four vedas (rig, yajur, sama and atharvana). In her four arms, she is show carrying the following:

The veena, a musical instrument that represents that she is also the Goddess of all arts and sciences.
A book representing the Vedas and knowledge.

A mālā / garland with crystal beads, representing the power of meditation and spirituality.
A pot of sacred water, representing creative and purification powers.

It is believed that praying to the Goddess Saraswathi will provide her blessings for excellence in academics, arts and sciences.

The 9th day of Navarathri is celebrated to pray to Goddess Saraswathi. In the South of India, on this day, people place books, musical instruments etc at altar after praying to the Goddess. These are covered by cloth and the custom is to not read anything after the prayers are done. Again on the Vijayadasami day, the Goddess is worshipped again and propitiated and then the books are removed and each person in the household refreshes their knowledge of various subjects. It is also an auspicious day to start learning a new art or craft or have very young children start school. It is also a sacred day for teaching children to write for the first time.

Sarasvati Namastubhyam Varade Kaamarupini
Vidyarambam Karishyami Siddhir Bhavatu Me Sadaa

Oh Goddess Sarasvati, I Salute you, please grant me all boons as your very form represents fulfilment of wishes. I would like to start my learning today. Please let me be successful in all such ventures.

Sri Saraswathi Puja in Tamil/ Sanskrt Puja

Saraswathi Pooja - M. Sambamoorthy Sastrigal Songs - Tamil Movie Songs - Raaga.com

For Telugu/Sanskrit

Become a member and play this

Raaga - Saraswathi Pooja - Sri Saraswathi Pooja Vidhanam . Download Telugu MP3 songs

Click for the Sarasvati Puja – Sanskrit
Click for the Sarasvati Puja – Tamil
Click for the Sarasvati Puja – Malayalam
Click for the Sarasvati Puja – Telugu

Sarasvati Puja | Mantraaonline

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back