• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Surya Chandra Eclipse Mantras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surya Chandra Eclipse Mantras

Hindus
believe that the cosmic rays that radiate to the earth during the Solar and Lunar eclipses would affect the Human beings.

They have Mantras to be recited during this period.

The eclipses are divided into three parts, Beginning, Middle and the portion from the middle to the end.

Mantras recited during this period will give the thousand fold effect for any Mantra.

Any good deed performed will yield results in a similar way.

adithya [Sun] Gayatri Mantra

Om Bhaskaraya Vidhmahe
Diva karaya Dheemahe
Thanno Surya Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the Sun God,
Oh, maker of the day, give me higher intellect,
And let Sun God illuminate my mind.

Om Aswadwajaya Vidhmahe
Pasa Hasthaya Dheemahe
Thanno Surya Prachodayath .

Om, Let me meditate on the god who has a horse flag,
Oh, God who holds the rope, give me higher intellect,
And let Sun God illuminate my mind.

Chandra [Moon] Gayatri Mantra

Om Kshira puthraya Vidhmahe
Amrithathvaya Dheemahe
Thanno Chandra Prachodayath.

Om, Let me meditate on the son of milk,
Oh, essence of nectar, give me higher intellect,
And let moon God illuminate my mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGAu3pMd_0M

Slokas to be recited(any one of the following).

Preferable to start reciting in the time between the beginning and the middle of Grahan

Doing 1008 Gayatri Japa is the Best.

Vishnu SahasraNama.

Siva Panchakshari.

Lalitha Sahsranama.

Mahamrutunjaya Mantra.

Aditya Hrudayam.

Vishnu Astakshari-“OmNamo Bhagavate Vaasudevaaya’

Things to avoid during Grahan.

• Performing any important work or deal.
  • After Grahan, many Hindus perform ritual bath. Take meal only after the ritual bath. Taking a holy dip in rivers or lakes is auspicious.
  • Many Hindus observe fasting on the day of Surya or Chandra Grahan.
  • Avoid outside food during Grahan and as well as the whole day.Perform ritual bath, Puja, Japam, havan and all other rituals only after Grahan Moksh Kaal (the time when grahan is released).
  • Pregnant women are advised not to go out

• Avoid eating at the time of Grahana.
  • Avoid eating the food which is cooked before Grahan. Take the food which is cooked after Grahan. People can eat the food that is preparedfrom ‘Soothak (Ashouch). To prevent food from Soothak, just spill some til seeds or keep grass blades (Durva grass) on the food before grahan.
  • Leave Durva Grass in Water before Grahan and remove them after the event.Drink only from this.

https://ramanan50.wordpress.com/2014/06/03/grahana-surya-chandra-eclipse-mantras/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back