• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Tharpana Sankalpams for Kara Varsha(2011-2012)

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramachander
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised that I do not know from when, in Sankalpam, we continue to say "subha yoge, subha karane instead of spelling the name of the 'yoga' and 'karana'. With modern gadgets working wonders, it will be easy to obtain the names and spell them also. Already people are giving up mathamaha varga names. My idea is for those who do it.

I am surprised that I do not know from when, in Sankalpam, we continue to say "subha yoge, subha karane instead of spelling the name of the 'yoga' and 'karana'. With modern gadgets working wonders, it will be easy to obtain the names and spell them also. Already people are giving up mathamaha varga names. My idea is for those who do it.

yoga is to be determined from the longitude of moon +longitude of sun. When this sum total crosses each 13 Deg, 20 minutes of arc, the yoga changes. As of now 22-24 hrs IST on 06-04-2011, the yoga is Priti; tomorrow at about 12-10 noon, it will change to Ayushmaan.

Karana is a lunar half day (half of a Tithi that is). The naming of Karana is a bit complicated.

Not all the togas and all the Karanas are "Subha" or auspicious. Hence the omnibus "Subhayoga Subhakarana" in the Tarpana Samkalpam. For the daily "snaana Samkalpa" also the same "Subhayoga Subhakarana" is to be recited by those who take bath after samkalpam. Otherwise there will be a patent untruth, is it not? Anyway, before this Samkalpa, one recites "yogaSca karanam caiva sarvam vishnumayam jagat".

In the monthly journal ''Your family friend'' March 2011 Edition Sri G.K. Seetharaman editor has given for this ''kara year'' he has given yoga and karana for all amavasya and all tamil moth sankramanam and for the fiteen days Mahalaya paksham. Yearly subscription Rupees 80/= only. Address 2/346 Agraharam, Kalancheri-(post) Saliamangalam (via) Thanjavur 613504. Tamilnadu.Phone: 04374-239330.

Also in sabari sudha driganitha panchangam they are giving daily for all the 12 months yogam and karanam in hours and minutes. And also in Bharat acharyal driganitha panchangam they are also giving daily yoga and karana in hours and minutes.

On 14-4-2011 kanva naama yoga and vanija karanam. on 2-5-2011 prrethi nama yogam and sagunee karanam.

For Amavasya and madha pirapu tharpanam you must say only vishnu yogam and vishnu karanam and not subha yoga and subhs karanam.

For Amavasya and madha pirapu tharpanam you must say only vishnu yogam and vishnu karanam and not subha yoga and subhs karanam.

Practice varies, I feel. Here people recite SubhayOga, SubhakaraNa for pitru kaaryams also. Anyway, there is no harm in doing pitru karyams also in auspicious times; should they be performed during inauspicious times?

I feel ravi, sun,suryan, mithran etc; are the same name for bhanu. whether you say vishnu or subhan both are same . For apara karmas we start with apa vithra pavithrova and says vishnu yoga and vishnu karana. For poorva prayoga the same sastrigal is coming and starts with subae shobhanae muhurthe he says suba yogam and subha karanam . people are there with karpoora budhi; charcoal budhi and vaalai thandu budhi. therefore practices is varying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back