• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Upanayanam for my son - Want to include other underpriviliged vadus

Status
Not open for further replies.
After my obeisances to Mahaperiyava
Dear All,
I’m Manikandan, Tamil Smartha hailing from Chennai, currently residing in Muscat. My son, Thathvavith, was born on 28/06/2004 – Swathi Nakshatram. I’m planning to have upanayanam for my Son in July 2014 (before 15[SUP]th[/SUP] July), because vacations start here by end of June.
I want to conduct it simple but without compromising vaideha things. I don’t want to do it in a marriage hall but in a mutt or similar establishments. Also, I want to conduct upanayanam for few under privileged vadus (around 7) in the same function.
I request guidance from the forum members on the following aspects.

1. There are different opinions on the right age for the upanayanam. My son will be completing 10 years and running 11 years by then (July 14). Can he have upanayanam by then?
  2. Which date would be auspicious for the ritual – between 25[SUP]th[/SUP] June and 15[SUP]th[/SUP] July 14?
  3. As I don’t have support back home, would request any place where they take care of all the aspects of Upanyanam (Full contract) and economical as well.
  4. I checked with Kalady Sringeri Mutt. They said that getting other vadus may be difficult. Appreciate suggestion on alternatives.

14-07-2014 monday thuthiyai thithi thiruvonam star morning from 6 AM to 7-30 Am is good for upanayanam. upanayanam may be done from the age f five till the age of 16. after 117 with parihaaram we may do upanayanam.

Dear Brahsha,

You can do it after he completes 10 years...Exact date/time you have to check with Vadhyar

You can take the help of Mylai Vaideeha Mahajana Sabha (Near Kapaleeswarar Temple)

You can get in touch with Shri Viswanathan-044-24957195 at the Hall

The ambience is of an Ashram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back