• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Upanayanam - some guidance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ! I am new to the forum.I am Aruna.My family and I are currently living outside the country.We have planned the Upanayanam for our son in early Feb next year.We intend to book tickets to return on the next day itself.Is that alright? Are any rituals fixed for they day after.I need to know in order to confirm the tickets.

Also I would be happay if someone would guide me on all the preparations that have to be made before the Upanayanam starts.I read somewhere on the forum that you need to go to Kanchi Mutt.Why is that done.Other than a Sumangali pooja what else needs to be done ? Thank you for any help.

.there is no rituals on the next day. you may go back. i have given all informations about upanayanam in the sticky thread in rituals, ceremonies and pooja click krishna ankaaraka chathuthasi in the first page itself you can find details of upanayanam.

here there is a usual method that the upanayanam pathrikai must be given first to your kula deivam temple. give some donation to your kula deivam temple. then you have to get blessings from sringery sankara matam or kancheepuram sankara mutt. by giving the upanayanam pathrikai with thaamboolam, fruits, flowers. manjal, kumkumam dakshinai to get blessings from the seer of that mutt..

then only the pahrikai will be distributed to all your relatives and friends. feel free to ask for doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back