• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

When should Upanayanam be performed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to do upanayam to my son whose age is born on 27/12/2009. What is the right time/month/year for the performance of the ritual.
There were heated arguments in my house saying that it should be performed in the eighth year starting from the birth and it should be performed in the eighth year starting from the day the kid enters into mothers womb.

I have heard that eighth year starting from the day the kid enters into mothers womb should be followed only trethaa yugam and in kali yugam the eighth year should be counted from the date of birth and not from the date of entry into mothers womb.

Clarifications with references are greatly helpful as this is not confined to my family alone.

Regards
Poorna Chandra Rao.T

ஸம்க்ஷேப தர்ம சாஸ்திரம் பக்கம் 35ல் ஆபஸ்தம்பர் உபந. ப்யனம் பற்றி சொல்கிறார். கர்பத்திலிருந்தது எட்டாவது வருஷத்தில் ப்ராஹ்மணனுக்கு உப்நயனம் செய்ய வேண்டும்.குழந்தை கர்பத்தில் இருக்கும் போது ஒரு வயது.அந்த மாதிரி எட்டாவது வருஷம், உபநயன காலம். ப்ராஹ்மணனுக்கு வசந்த ருதுவில் உபநயனம் செய்ய வேண்டும். மநு சொல்கிறார். பிதா ஐந்தாவது வயதிலும் உபநயனம் செய்யலாம்

ஸர்வதாரி, விரோதி, விக்ருதி, கர, நந்தன, விஜய, ஜய, மன்மத. ஆதலால் மன்மத வருடம் எட்டாவது வயது..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back