• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

வாழ்க்கைத் துணையை இழந்தவர்கள் சஷ்டியப்&#

Status
Not open for further replies.
What an observation, TBS Sir. That might be true when 'kodungOl' mAmAs were the husbands!

The widowed ladies sit in the first row nicely dressed, in the functions but many mAmis object if they distribute 'thaamboolam'. :sad:

In olden days, there was the practice of 'sati' and a weird reason is given for that! When a queen is forcefully married to a king

she dislikes, she will plan to kill him and get a new king as husband, if her
remarriage is permitted! Hence they pushed her in the

king's funeral pyre. She won't like to die and will behave as a good 'pathni'. :angel:

Then this practice was extended to other ladies also! :fear:

hi RR madam,

now a days ALL ARE SUMANGALIS......some widows have affairs now....some times WIDOWS are sitting in the front row

of many functions....the days are gone.....many house widows are very happy with her husband's pension...i heard like this..

INTHA BRAHMANAN POI SERNTHAU ROMBA NALLA POCCHU...ILLAATI INTHA MANUSHAN DINAMUM EN KAZHUTHAI ARUKARAR....

many widows get sympathi/some money from kids/grand kids too...so sometimes widows are very happy than sumangalis...
I do not know if this is a trend. widows being secretly happy that their husbands have kicked the bucket. My two domestic servants definitely look happier with widows pension from delhi govt than putting up with useless alcoholic husbands. one never knows what these ladies pass thru in life with bad husbands. one of my neighbours a south brahmin lady refused to feed her infirm husband during last days . so many tried to intervene and tried saving him . he died of starvation and due to callousness of wife. A stage comes when these ladies think they are better off with dead husbands than alive due to physical and mental torture they have undergone. my sympathies are with these ladies

What an observation, TBS Sir. That might be true when 'kodungOl' mAmAs were the husbands!

The widowed ladies sit in the first row nicely dressed, in the functions but many mAmis object if they distribute 'thaamboolam'. :sad:
the mamis who object could be told they might face the same thing in case their husband passes away.still I think widowed ladies are considered not subham for events such as marriage . I have seen these ladies being kept away when brides are selected for family and from many marriage rituals. a few enlightened widows refuse to put up with this discrimination and decide to rough it. young widows find it difficult in big cities on their own as they are easy prey and forced to look for another mate for security. they should integrate with society,fight it out and refuse to take it lying down

Even for putting Bikshai arisi to Vadu in Upanayanam, widows are not allowed...However, we have reached tremendous progress in the last 30-40 years as far as treatment of Brahmin widows are concerned..Revolutionary changes are happening in the community...In the near future they will get equal status as sumangalis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back