• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Are Not Tamil Brahmins Tamilians ?

• Thread starter Thread starter KAUNDINYA
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most politicians of T.N. who are "doctors" actually have a honorary doctorate, the classic examples being M.K.,Jayalalitha, the late Sivaji Ganesan & MGR. Politicians like MGR, MK & JJ are " honoured" with honorary doctorates by universities in TN whenever the former are in power. Almost all the PMs of India have been given honorary doctorates by different universities of India & sometimes even by foreign universities but fortunately none of them displays the letters "Dr." before his or her name !!! "PIZHAIKKA THERIYAADHAVARGAL"!!! But our T.N. politicians always call themselves "Dr.Kalaignar" or "Dr.Puratchi Thalaivi", etc. They are very proud of their honorary doctorates!!!
By the way, Chatrapati Shivaji fought against Aurangazeb & not against the British.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you, Kaundinya; I stand corrected on Shivaji.

If Mr. Karunanidhi is such a starwart and custodian of the Tamil language, why does he use an English word "Dr."?
It seems to me that the politicians in Tamil nadu are shamelessly self-promoting themselves by making others conferring titles. It is laughable that someone actually uses the title "Thalapathi" (is it 'Genereal' in English?). What qualification does this person have to have that title? I forget the name of that guy. Could it be Stalin? I used to have two Russian women working for me. Once when I mentioned that someone in India had the name of Stalin, they were shocked and expressed disgust and wondered why anyone would like to take name of a tyrant, murderer who has killed millions?
Couldn't Mr. Karunanidhi, who claims to be a die-hard Tamil, get a good Tamil name, such as Cholan?

Hinduism Vs Rest

HI - you all are correct. now about phobias. you all must hve read about phobias. this is the hatred of something about which you feel very uncomfortable. few years back, in india there was an election commissioner called lyngdoh. he had an election phobia. that means inspite if being electioncommissioner, he did not like elections at all. he would always postpone elections for e.g, gujarat, A.P. etc. particularly if bjp has good prospects. similarly i think the present t.n. govt. has hindu phobia. in the recent stated buget the t.n.govt has allocated funds of 95 lakhs for a film on the so called periyar(?). periyar(!) as we all know, ws a traitor who opposed india's freedm struggle and supportd the british so much so that he even called 15 august a black day for india. is it fair for a govt. to fund a project on periyar(!!) out of tax payers money? why doesnt the t.n. cm. give his own money for that if he has so much affection for the project

Does anybody know the email id of Mr. Karunanidhi? If someone does, then we could send a barrage of emails on different issues. But it will probably fall on deaf ears! I have had several of my letters published in the venerable Washington Post. Will the Indian newspapers do an expose' or publish our letters to the Editor about the Chief Minister?

hinduism vs rest

SIR - may be you do not know that most of the media is supportive of dmk- sonia combine in india. the reason they say is dmk-sonia combine is 'secular'(?) and bjp is communal(!).marxist pseudo intellect N.RAM an important scavanger in secular toilet will always bash bjp in all sorts of fashions. but he has no shame in sharing dias with dmk, communist, sonia.in 2004 the upa govt. removed reference to veer savarkar saying that he was a traitor. but the same upa combine now remits 95 lakhs to a film on periyar (?)(who suported british rule ) dmk govt says as periyar lived upto 95 years theyr giving 95 lakhs. if a film on swami vivekanda is made will they give only 38 lakhs? or may be not even that. what sort of 'rationality' is this?

There are some masculine jounrlists in india too like Dr. Arun Shourie, Mr. Gurumurthy, Mr. Cho Ramaswamy etc., Dr. arunshourie points out that ideologies which harp on fact that there can be only 1 god tend to become violent fascisct ideologies viz-islam, christianity, buddhism, sikhism, marxism.the main reasonwhy hinduism is so tolerant is because it has got somuch of variety. that is why dmk s principle(!) of one god, one caste is so dangerous because it will eventually lead to fascism like marxism, islam, etc.,

the present cm says kannagi is a pride of tamils. kannagi, on hearing of her husband's death, became mad and burnt the whole of madurai.is this attitude of losing your mental balance upon being shocked a pride of tamils? moreover erecting giant size statues at tax payers money in beaches is dangerous. anti socials, during night times, may collect behind the statues and perform nefarious activities. since the statues are large the anti socials may not be visible, and it wll be easy for them

hey barjanya! hey varuna! varshaya!! varshaya!!

Last edited:
Hinduism Vs Rest

YES SILVER FOX- IN FACT IF YOU ADD AN 'I' TO Dr. KARUNANIDHI'S NAME IT BECOMES KARUNAINIDHI-MEANING A BLACK DOG.IT S NOT A TAMIL NAME AT ALL. I THINK DR. KARUNANIDHI COULD WELL HAVE RETAINED THE NAME HIS PARENTS HAD CHOSEN FOR HIM - DAKSHINAMURTHY - NAME OF LORD SHIVA.

REGARDING THE MEDIA, NOT ONLY PRINT MEDIA EVEN ELECTRONIC MEDIA IS IN FAVOUR TOTALLY OF DMK/SONIA/ MARXIST COMBINE. THIS IS BECAUSE, THE SAY THE UPA IS SECULAR(?), WHILE BJP IS COMMUNAL(!). WHEN DR. KARUNANIDHI WAS ARRESTED IN 2001, NDTV SHOWED IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. BUT IT NEVER GAVE PUBLICITY TO MURASOLI MARAN, DR. KARUNANIDHI'S NEPHEW HITTING THE POLICE CONSTABLES WITH HIS SHOES. NDTV IS OWNED BY PRAANOY ROY A CLOSE RELTIVE OF COMMUNIST LEADER BRINDA KARAT. MOST OF THE PERSONS WORKING IN THESE ENGLISH CHANNELS LIKE NDTV, CNN-IBN, TIMES CHANNELS WITH THEIR UGLY HAIRS, VULGAR LOOKS LOOK MORE LIKE ISLAMIC TERRORISTS THAN NEWSREADERS.

ABOUT HINDUISM ITS BEING SAID THAT HINDUS HARASSED BUDDHISM/ JAINISM. BUT ITS NOT HARASSMENT. IT WAS PUNISHMENT GIVEN TO THESE PERSONS WHO WERE NON VEGETARIANS. DURING THOS DAY NON VEGETARIANISM WAS CONSIDERD A PUNISHABLE SIN, AND SO THE HINDUS WERE CARRYING OUT THE PUNISHMENT. IT WAS APPLICABLE FOR HINDUS ALSO,. TODAY MANY JUDGES PUNISH MANY CRIMINALS, IS IT HARASSMENT? THE JUDGES ARE ONLY ENFORCING THE LAW. SIMILARLY HINDUS PUNISHING BUDDHISTS, JAINS WERE ONLY ENFORCING LAW OF THOSE DAYS.

SOMEBODY ASK WHY NOT BRAHMINS GIVE UP MODERN JOBS AND TAKE UP RELIGIOUS WORKS ALONE AS SAID IN SHASTRAS? WELL WE R NOT LIVING IN VEDIC AGE. THIS IS NOT HINDU RASHTA. THIS IS A SECULAR DEMOCRACY. THE CONSTITUTION IS SUPREME, THE LAW SAYS ANYBODY CAN CARRY OUT ANY LEGAL JOB.SO THERE IS NOTHING WRONG IN BRAHMINS ADOPTING MODERN PROFESSIONS.

Hinduism Vs Rest

SIR - Dmk Pats Itself Onthe Fact That They Are Opposed / Opposing / Will Oppose Brahmins Alwys. But It Was Only By Sleeping With Brahmin Rajaji That They Came To Power. Rajaji Who Wanted To Tke Revenge On Kamaraj For Personal Reasons Smeared Mud On His Own Head By Supporting Dmk.

Last edited:
Hinduism Vs Rest

Hi- He Who Believes N God Is A Fool
He Who Propagates God Is A Barbarian - Thus Abused The So Called'periyar'

But Hindu Scriptures Say

He Who Consumes Meat Is A Barbarian
He Who Consumes Meat In Any Form Is An Untouchable

How About That

Keep the forum clean

Friends

Although this forum is for all Tamil Brahmins to come together, this forum believes that all people belonging to different religions and castes are equal.
It is against the rules of the forum to post messages that imply otherwise. Any message that violates this rule will be removed from the forum.

I request all your cooperation in keeping the discussions objective and keeping the forum clean.

Thanks

Ramki

Hi Suresh:

I see you are one angry dude! I can understand.
However, please refrain from personal attacks on people and attacks on other religions or castes.
we cannot force our personal preferences on others; I am referring to your attacking anyone who is not a vegetarian.
I am a staunch vegetarian but it is not my place to go preach to others who eat meat that they are doing something wrong.
As rxrajamo
has pointed out, we should be above all these petty things and state our case in a polite and professional way. Disagree with the policies of the person but dont attack the person himslef.

Last edited:
Hinduism Vs Ret

SIR the views i have recorded are not my personal views but those mentioned clearly in hindu scripture. we all know that hinduism is the only religion whch considers meat eating as sin.as far as our indian constitution is concerned it clearly says cattle slaughtered is prohibited. indian law says killning and/or injuring animals is also a penal offence. it also says all indians should show compassion towards all living creatures. can you remove all these ideas? even if you do not hve respect for religionyou should hv respect for the constitution.

it is being said by all politicians that equality is the most important thing. just because there is equality in a place will it become a great or a good place? for example the only place we can find 100% equality is a graveyard. that does mean that it s a good or great place?

sri rama rachathu!!

Last edited:
Hinduism Vs Rest

hi- the t.n. govt. launched a scheme of providing eggs free of cost to school students twice a week out of tax payers money.is egg such a nutritious food? that too for children? will it not would the sentiments of lakhs of brahmins, orthodox hindus, vegetarians? muslims consider eating pork offensive. will the t.n. govt provide pork out of tax payers money to anybody?

it s always being said the since brahmins r ina minority there views should not hold over the majority i.e. non brahmins. just as gandhiji said its like a 7 feet man saying to a 5 feet man- 'even if i say something wrong you must accept it because i am 2 feet taller thn u!"

sarvam krishnaarpanam!!

Suresh:
I appreciate your postings and your concerns. However, I wish you would do some research before you come up with conclusions and opinions.
To begin with, as I had indicated before, I am a staunch vegetarian, I do not drink milk (I firmly believe that the cow's milk is meant for its calf only, not humanbeings!), do not eat eggs.
Now, for the record: Yes, eggs are nutritious food, especially for children. Why do you think the sentiments of brahmins are going to be affected by the government's decision to provide free eggs?
You cannot compare eggs with pork. In Islam, it is explicitly forbidden for muslims to consume pork whereas I do not believe (other members, please correct me if I am wrong) nowhere in our Hindu religion it is forbidden to eat meat.

Hinduism Vs Rest

SIR= i am not sure if eggs are so good for a persons's health.(particularly children) swami vivekananda, paramacharya, gandhiji,swami raghavendra were all pure vegetarians who certainly did not consume eggs. did they not become great personalities? i think the dmk govt deliberately chose a nonvegetarian food for govt. sponsoring to woun hindus/brahmins. the cm thinkssince brahmins dont eat eggs we must adopt them to show that we are against brahmins. indian constitution says cattle slaughter should be banned,indian law prohibits injuring/ killing of many animals in mny ways. indian consitution asks us indians to show compassion to living creatures.

another thing - a vgetarian food is common to all. but will brahmin children. orthodox hindu children/ vegetarianchildren eat eggs? what is the govt going to do for them? hindu scriptures say meat eating is a sin. tht s why untouchabiltiy came into exitence in hinduism. remember in hindu orthodox festivals, there is no place for meat. there is no place for meat in ortodox temples also.

because of new law of dmk gvt it is possible that even butchers may become archakas.this s against spirit of hindu scriptures. i thnk this order should be challenged in court.

ISHWARO RACHAHU!!

Last edited:
Hi Suresh:
Please go to this link on Eggs and Nutrition:
http://www.nutritionandeggs.co.uk/eggs_nutrition/nutrition1.html

Suresh, food preferences are personal choices. Do you know how many Brahmins living in the US eat meat? I know quite a few (they eat beef, pork and everything else!!).
I am ignorant of the Indian Constitution saying cow slaughter is prohibited. Other members: Is this really true?
I don't have an answer for your question about the vegetarian children not wanting to eat eggs - I would guess it is their personal choice; they are not being compelled to eat eggs!
Ok! Let us move on to something more important to us!!
Thanks!

Aryans VS dravidians

Yeah its true we tamil brahmins are aryans, but since we have stayed in tamil nadu for so long then we should be known as tamilians as we have contributed a lot in tamil literatures. Our Tamil has decency, its is nice to hear.

rxrajamo said:
This Aryan vs Dravidian theory is one of the best lies that have been repeated over and over again by DK/DMK people and is a good example of how a blatant lie is being regarded as a fact. Of course, they did not invent this (no surprises :)). Maxmuller did it for them.

Let us see what other historians say about this. According to historian Wheeler (in his "Civilization of Indus Valley and Beyond"), "..the[Aryan Invasion] cannot be proved and may be quite incorrect".Also, Murrow in his book "The Sanskrit Language" comments, " For the Indo-Aryan invasion of India no direct evidence is available... In the text of the Rig Veda itself, although historical allusionsare not uncommon, there is no reference anywhere to the fact of the migration, nor any definite indication that it was still remembered."

Now let us examine what our DK/DMK friends are always fond of quoting, "Kal thonri man thontra kalathay mun thonri mootha kudi" and as a proof of the ancient Tamil civilization they always quote literary works like Silapadhikaram. They agree that Silapadhikaram is one of the oldest Tamizh works. Silapadhikaram has a number of references of Hindu gods and saints. I am giving a small example below. This is from "Arengatru Kaadhai" from "Puhaar Gaandam".

ªîò¢õ ñ£ô¢õ¬óî¢ î¤¼ºù¤ ò¼÷
âò¢î¤ò ê£ð Þï¢î¤ó ê¤Áõªù£´
î¬ô被è£ô¢ î£ùî¢¶ê¢ ê£ðñ¢ ï¦é¢è¤ò
ñ¬ôð¢ð¼ë¢ ê¤øð¢ð¤ù¢ õ£ùõó¢ ñè÷¤ó¢

ê¤øð¢ð¤ø¢ °ù¢ø£ê¢ ªêò¢¬èªò£´ ªð£¼ï¢î¤ò
ð¤øð¢ð¤ø¢ °ù¢ø£ð¢ ªð¼ï¢«î£÷¢ ñìî
î£îõ¤ö¢ ¹ó¤°öô¢ ñ£îõ¤ îù¢¬ù

The rough translations for the first two lines "The sage who lives in the heavenly mountains (refers to Sage Agasthiya) who cursed Indra whose son"

So Silapadhikaram which was written thousands of years ago (atleast a couple of thousands as per our DK/DMK friends) refers to Agasthiya and Indhra who according to them are Aryans.

Let us take Tholkappiyam which is supposed to have been written even before than that (as per some DK/DMK friends it was written in 1500 BC). Panamparanar who wrote the Tholkappiya Payiram says

"Nilamtharu Thiruvin Pandiyan Avaiyathu
Arangarai Navin NANMARAI Murriya
Athankottu Asarku Ariltaba Therindu
Manka Marabin Eluthumurai katti
Malkunir Varaippin IYINTHIRAM Niraintha
THOLKAPPIYAN Enath than peyar Thorrip
Palpugal Niruththa Padimaiyone "

Tholkappiyar refers to NaanMarai (four vedas) and even mentions Mariyor (Brahmins) in his Tholkappiyam.

What does this all prove ? The Aryan invasion is a myth. A myth conjured by European historians and readily gobbled up by our friends to say Brahmins are not Tamilians.

Why all this ? Let us see what Dr.Ambedkar, whom the DK/DMK friends never tire of quoting said about the Aryan/Dravidian issue

"“The Vedas do not know any such race as the Aryan race. There is no evidence in the Vedas of any invasion of India by the Aryan race…There is no evidence to show that the distinction between Aryans, Dasas and Dasyus was a racial distinction. The Vedas do not support the contention that the Aryans were different in colour from the Dasas…From this it follows that if the Brahmins are Aryans the Untouchables are also Aryans. If the Brahmins are Dravidians, the Untouchables are also Dravidians."

Also let us not forget all the services rendered by Brahmins throughout ages for Tamil. All the false propaganda our friends are doing will end soon. All we have to do is unite and place the facts before the people.

A kind-hearted journo by the name Francois Gautier, is doing an exhibition in Delhi on Brahmins and their plight, having already made a movie on the same subject.

Mr.Francois also authored the now famous two articles in rediff,about brahmins.

http://www.rediff.com/news/2006/may/23franc.htm

http://ia.rediff.com/news/2006/jun/15franc.htm

His associate Rahul in Delhi wanted some information on the condition of Brahmins in south India (see attached email), for the exhibition.

It will be great if some of you, who might have great knowledge on this, pass on some information to this person Rahul Gautam at [email protected],

Or also help him in other ways. Or atleast put him in touch with the correct persons to contact in Tamil Nadu.

It is very rare that someone ever speaks for brahmins, let alone make an exhibition and movie about them. And this person was a french national by birth!

A few copies of his movie are on their way to me, and I shall post it on the internet for our view. Meanwhile, it will be great if any of you can provide him the info he needs.

Thanks

Subalaji:
I cannot open Rahul's link. The browser says that it doesn't know how to open because the protocol is not associated with any program.

Ceetharam:
I am not sure if I understood the context of your posting.
Nevertheless, I was merely replying to a question from Suresh stating that eggs are not nutritious.
For the record, I am a stuanch vegetarian, do not eat eggs and do not drink cow's milk (I drink only soymilk).
Besides, I was trying to project a balanced view of things - just because we are vegetarians, we simply cannot insult people who eat meat. As the old adage goes: "one man's food is another man's poison".

Friends

I just want to reiterate that all members should adhere strictly to the forum rules. Please read & reread your messages before posting on the forum. Any message that violates forum rules will be summarily deleted. Let us all join hands in keeping the forum clean and positive.

Thanks

Hinduism Vs Rest

SIR! i was not trying to insult non -veggies. only pointed out many provisions in the indian constitution which support veggies. does that mean indian constitution insults non veggies? even if its an insult the non veggies will have to obey the law, respect the constitution. no other way.

om namo bhagavathe ramanaaya namaha!!

Last edited:
Dalapati Is A Sanskrit Word !

silverfox said:
Thank you, Kaundinya; I stand corrected on Shivaji.

If Mr. Karunanidhi is such a starwart and custodian of the Tamil language, why does he use an English word "Dr."?
It seems to me that the politicians in Tamil nadu are shamelessly self-promoting themselves by making others conferring titles. It is laughable that someone actually uses the title "Thalapathi" (is it 'Genereal' in English?). What qualification does this person have to have that title? I forget the name of that guy. Could it be Stalin? I used to have two Russian women working for me. Once when I mentioned that someone in India had the name of Stalin, they were shocked and expressed disgust and wondered why anyone would like to take name of a tyrant, murderer who has killed millions?
Couldn't Mr. Karunanidhi, who claims to be a die-hard Tamil, get a good Tamil name, such as Cholan?

"Dalapati" is a Sanskrit word which is pronounced as "Thalapathi" in Tamil. Why do our Dr.Kalaignar & his son use this Sanskrit word ? Moreover KARUNANIDHI too is a Sanskrit word, which can be translated as "ARUTCHELVAM" in pure Tamil. Moreover, "Kalaignar" is a Tamilised form of the Sanskrit word "KALAAJNA" (which is pronounced as "KALAAGYA" in Hindi states) which means "knower of kala or art". Similar Sanskrit words are "VEDAJNA" (meaning "knower of Vedas"), "SHASTRAJNA" (meaning " one who knows 'shastras' or scriptures"), "GANITAJNA" (meaning "knower of 'ganitha' or mathemaics"), "BRAHMAJNA" (meaning "knower of Parabrahman"), "AATMAJNA" (meaning "knower of aatma or self"), etc.
The DMK's symbol 'Rising sun' is called "UDAYASOORIYAN" which again is a Sanskrit word (UDAYASOORYAH). Pure Tamil for this is "EZHU GNAYIRU" but if the DMK people use it during election campaign they will lose votes because most people don't know the meaning of "ezhu gnayiru"!!! Further Dayanidhi, Kalanidhi, etc.,are all Sanskrit words.
:playball:

Hinduism Vs Rest

SIR!! in fact the real tamil equivalent of the word 'kalaignar' is 'KOOTHAADI' which means a street dancer!! even Mr. Karunanidhi's name is pronounced by some persons as karunainidhi adding an 'i' which means a black dog! I think Dr. Karunanidhi could have retained the name which is parents had given him - Dakshinamurthy-name of Lord shiva.

Last edited:
Hi Suresh,

According to "Kriyavin Tharkkalath Tamizh Agaraathi" the word "Kalai" has four meanings. They are as follows (for a detailed explanation please look up pages 269 and 270 of the May 2001 Reprint; First printed in 1992).

A. Kalai - verb. (1) disorderly; dishevelled (2) (Of sleep, meditation etc) come to an end; get disturbed (3) (working hours of an office) be over (4) disperse; get scattered (5) get smudged or erased (6) (of foetus) get miscarried.

B. Kalai - verb. (1) dishevel; change the order; shuffle (2) bring to an end; disturb (3) disperse (4) erase; disfigure (5) dissolve (an assembly, etc) (6) disband (7) abort (pregnancy) (8) spoil (one's mind) (9) chase; send (s. o) out.

C. Kalai - noun. (1) art (2) workmanship

D. Kalai - noun (1) moon's phase.

The meaning for "Kalaignan" is:

A. Kalaignan - noun (1) artist (kalaip padiappil therchi pettravan; padaippali)

The meaning for "Koothaadi" is as follows:

A. Koothaadi. verb - (1) create a noisy scene; behave in an unruly way.

B. Koothaadi. noun - (1) (contemptuously) actor.

C. Koothaadu. verb - (1) act, sing and dance (in folk play)

Nowhere in this dictionary/glossary does it say that Kalaignan=Koothaadi.

Kalaignan is the superset. Koothaadi is the subset.

Secondly, who pronounces Karunanidhi as Karunainidhi? I am very eager to know.

Thirdly, according to Vaman Shivram Apte's "The Student's Sanskrit-English Dictionary", (Reprint 2000; Second Edition 1970; Motilal Banarsidass Publishers, New Delhi), Karuna (page 135) means the following.

A. Karuna - (1) Compassion, pity, tenderness (2) tender-hearted, moved with pity, sensitive (3) store of mercy (4) very kind.

We may infer that the Tamil word "Karunai" is a derivative of the Sanskrit root "Karuna". In practice both have identical meanings.

The word "Nidhi" (page 288) means:

A. Nidhi - (1) Abode, receptacle, reservoir (2) A store-house, treasury (3) A treasure store; hoard (4) The ocean (5) An epithet of Vishnu (6) A man endowed with many good qualities.

So where did you get the idea that "Karunainidhi" means Black God?!!!

N.SURESH said:
HI KAUNDINYAND ALL OTHERS!! in fact the real tamil equivalent of the word 'kalaignar' is 'KOOTHAADI' which means a street dancer!! even Mr. Karunanidhi's name is pronounced by some persons as karunainidhi adding an 'i' which means a black god! I think Dr. Karunanidhi could have retained the name which is parents had given him - Dakshinamurthy-name of Lord shiva.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back