• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Baby Girl name suggestion needed

when I was born, babies were named based on the tamil calendar date of birth. This would correctly represent the childs characteristics when it grows up.

Nowadays, a simpler way would be to name based on the deity of the local temple near you or your family deity or even simpler would be the name of your great grandmother.

when I was born, babies were named based on the tamil calendar date of birth. This would correctly represent the childs characteristics when it grows up.

Nowadays, a simpler way would be to name based on the deity of the local temple near you or your family deity or even simpler would be the name of your great grandmother.
I would like to elaborate based star of birth. Like Aswini, Kruthika, Rohini, Mahalakshmi, Uthira, Chithra, Swathi, Visakha, Anusha, Revathi are based on respective stars. For other stars not mentioned here, one may choose deity names, great grand mother names. In some families even grand mother names may also be christened.

I would like to elaborate based star of birth. Like Aswini, Kruthika, Rohini, Mahalakshmi, Uthira, Chithra, Swathi, Visakha, Anusha, Revathi are based on respective stars. For other stars not mentioned here, one may choose deity names, great grand mother names. In some families even grand mother names may also be christened.
yes you are right

Hi,
I want Tamil Brahmin naming suggestions to name our girl kid. We are expecting next month and it's our first baby. I would like to name her based of goddess Lakshmi or goddess Parvathi.

Thanks
Here are a few suggestions:
1. Lakshmi
2. Veda
3. Aradhana
4. Saraswathi
5. Parvathi
6. Durga
7. Divya
8.Ramalakshmi
9.Rohini
10.Revathi
11. Anjana ( Mother of Hanuman swami )

Hi,
I want Tamil Brahmin naming suggestions to name our girl kid. We are expecting next month and it's our first baby. I would like to name her based of goddess Lakshmi or goddess Parvathi.

Thanks
Normally the first child will be named after their grand-mother, Great Grand Mother or their Kuladeivam.
Further refer to the Panchangam based on the child's Nakshatra.
There it will bee mentioned with which syllable the name of the child should begin with.
Based on that choose a good name for your baby.
All the Best.

Also try this link

hi

either select grand mothers name or any name from lalitha saharanama.....there are thousand girlnames in

lalitha saharanama.....from modern names to older names....choice is urs....kuladevi name also good...

Latest ads

Back