• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Glory of Sanskrit

Status
Not open for further replies.
The laqnguage Samskritam has existed from time immemorial; The older versions were polished,grammar added etc and Pali became Samskritam. The script also changed both in time and space;Devanagari remained mainly in the north and Grantham in South, particularly Tamilnadu and Kerala, until recently.
Sanskrit has/had been patronised by kings and fakirs alike and, whenever it got the Crown's patronage, it flourished and developed.For eg, during the acme period of the Nattukkottai Chettiars, the contributions they had made for the rejuvenation of Saiva temples, Saiva Agamas and Sanskrit literature, have been invaluable. They developed and nurtured an institute, known as Sivagamasangam in Devakottai,collected old palm leaves from temples all over India, both in Sanskrit and in Tamil, synthesised them,sorted out apparent contradictions by crossreferences etc and published them in the form of books, both in Tamil and Sanskrit.
Today, they form the standard reference books, authentic for all rituals and various requirements in Saivagama temples. My father was the Sanskrit pandit in charge and similarly, there were Tamil Pandits of erudition working there. My father was not a Vaideeka or Gurukkal but a yajurvedi and Vyakarana siromani degree holder of the then Madras University. unfortunately, after the second world war,the business of chettiar community suffered badly in Malaysia, Singapore, Burma and Vietnam and the casuality was their patronage to this inst.
The short point I want to make is that real patrons supported everything good to bloom and when they perished, the language, literature, religion and all such things suffered, until another era of patronage developed.
I have brought up this brief history in my book on The Glory of Vishnu sahasranamam and some Scientific facts, posted in this web site by Mr.Praveen, under the forum Literature. It could be interesting.
My appeal is that we should develop this web site also to a nuclear intergrowth. I find we have lot of rationalists in this TB group and,if we make up our mind, we can do it,instead of restricting the discussions to merely superficial aspects.
Regards and respects to all.
Ramanathan.

Just Browsed the You Tube. The pronounciation is superb. Salute to the British Govt.
Somehow I feel that in the next century India will be westernised and UK & USA will be Indianised as we see more Temples being built there with much discipline and frededom for everyone to practise there own religion & faith

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back