• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

GORY (Sorry) No Comments

• Thread starter Thread starter SuryaKasyapa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw the article in the newspaper (in physical printed paper) I don't know how to put it, I felt some strange feeling of a bit shivering or what,I am not able to say. These kind of feelings I had in my childhood,on seeing or hearing about such horrible things; but almost overcome with age and growing. I felt thoroughly helpless then, and blamed myself for being so.

Then I remembered some words from Holy Koran painted on a wall in a place in Kerala during one o my tours to southern parts of India.

The essence was this --- If injustice or cruelty happens somewhere, let the physically strong prevent or stop it by force: the weak prevent it by words: and the weakest and helpless stop it by thinking so in his mind.( manssukondenkilum thadaytte..)

It was this prompted me to share it here.

As any kind of comment will attract equally opposing and supporting views , just not to provoke emotions, I did not make any comment. Each one is free to have his own conclusions.

While publishing the gory photos connected with the sad event of death of Rajiv
Gandhi by bomb blast ,a few responsible magazines at least published a first page warning that some of the pictures are not suitable for viewing by children.

Present day media is not bothered about all these.

The in-built balancing in the system of Nature is different. For every living being, food is available in this Earth according to its natural want decided by its birth.

For all other living beings, this food (prey) is determined by its species group. But, for human beings, food is mostly by choice. Therefore, as far I am concerned, I do not support killing other lives, be it of any form or nature. (Whether you call it ahimsa or whatever).

At the same time, I do condemn the mass female infanticide practised by the rural masses.

Jayalalitha enacted a law prohibiting mass slaughter of animals, in public places. But, it back fired on her. She lost in the next general elections for the parliament. She was then forced to withdraw or annul the law in this respect.

But, I support such law, especially prohibition of mass slaughter in public places.

P.S.: Everybody is entitled to express his/her views. Therefore, to compel someone
to delete or withdraw one's post is not fair and just.

Dear Renukaji Have we not heard that in remote areas of northern India children are sacrified for sake of wealth of parents. Even in South India after scanning how many abortions are made when they know it is a girl. Also in many villages animal sacrifies are done in India but not to this large scale. However as you said people forget at the earliest, except the affected family. In purana sarpa yajna and other animal sacrifices are all mentioned Only think we can assume is that sacrifice was there since ancient time. In Kerala there is a temple where every year bhaktas (men and women) used to come and abuse the diety with vulgor words. It was happening for years. Later own with persuation and collective protest it is minimised. But the ritual is still continuing. cheers

It is not new.
In 1875, in Tirupathy, where the present Alarmelmanngai temple is located, there was a Durga Temple! In that temple 10,000 Buffalloos were killed and it was documented and we can see that in the gazetteer and ASI records.

It looks ghory because it is published for us to read and witness but the truth is killing of animals take place on regular basis at the abators all around the world.

We feel sad and affected to see this photos today but we will forget it tommorow.
The human memory is quite selective.
We only remember what we want and what makes us happy.

Now the question is can all these can be really stopped?

Education in Human Values is the answer.

I am not asking the whole world to become vegetarian.
Its not possible for everyone to do so due to environmental factors, eg eskimos,bush men and certain cultural beliefs as published in the newspaper article.

Since we are Hindus we can start of at the level of Hindu society first.

Firstly Hindus need to understand that God has never asked us for a sacrifice of life.

Cultural practices have been asimilated into religion and caused confusion.
Culture and Religion can be interrelated but need not complement one another.

Remember the whole Thali episode: Thali came across as a cultural addition post Vedic era.

I am not saying that all cultural practices are bad but some might not be condusive and need to be weeded out.

This is where the services of the learned is greatly needed.
In India learneds can be found anywhere.
I find many in this Forum too.

Talk shows can be be a good start.
We need neutral religious talk shows where Principles of Hindusim can be debated and discussed to impart knowledge to the public.

I used the word "neutral religious talk show" that is the show should not sway towards Shaivaism, Vaishavanism or Sakthism and just the Essense of Hinduism discussed so that there wont be "internal battles" which might just defeat the purpose.

Education in Human Values might take time but its never too late to start.

Perfect....

This is what we want and this is the need of the hour.

I think we should take the initiative to meet up with the principle of schools and colleage deens and request them to accept some of our screen plays against anti social elements, cruelty to animal and alike that can be demonstated by students on anual day/cultural day celebrations.

Students are the future of the society and to reach them this would be the best idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back