• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Kartik Vs Murugan

prasad1

This is an observation of a Tamilian born in North India.
There are very few temples in North India dedicated to Lord Kartik.
Kartik is also presented in a horrible light in Purans. He is resentful, not loved by his parents, and generally banished from Kailash. This is depicted in the TV series Shiv-Shakti and others.

The North-South Divide: A Tale of Two Devotions
Despite his mythological significance, Kartikeya’s worship exhibits a distinct regional pattern. Here’s a breakdown of the contrasting trends:

South India: Kartikeya, known as Murugan, enjoys immense popularity in South India, particularly in Tamil Nadu, Kerala, and Andhra Pradesh. Dedicated temples like the Thiruchendur Murugan Temple and the Palani Murugan Temple attract countless devotees throughout the year. His association with war resonates with the martial traditions of the South.
North India: In contrast, Kartikeya’s worship is less prominent in North India. While some temples dedicated to him exist, they are not as numerous or widely known compared to those in the South. Reasons for this disparity remain a subject of ongoing debate.

This is just an observation.

Just as there are many religions and many Gods that concept could be extended and applied for different regions. It is the mischievous who see an opportunity to exploit such diversities and sow wrong feelings among people.

Lord Muruga is most revered in Tamilnadu and trying to project a negative image of Him in the pretext of making an observation is condemnable.

Just as there are many religions and many Gods that concept could be extended and applied for different regions. It is the mischievous who see an opportunity to exploit such diversities and sow wrong feelings among people.

Lord Muruga is most revered in Tamilnadu and trying to project a negative image of Him in the pretext of making an observation is condemnable.
As usual, you have a narrow and ignorant opinion.
Shankaracharya said correctly:pashyannapi cana pashyati muuDhaH
There are smarter people on this site who can understand my opinion, so thanks for your ill advice, but I would encourage you, Mr. Sravna, to ignore the posts you can not understand. You can not hide the differences by sweeping under the rug.

One needn't be a rocket scientist to understand the mischief in something but only ability to discriminate the good from the bad. You can be smart and not wise.

The purported intent of the post is to make an observation. But in the process why should it be showing a most revered divinity in a negative way?

I can easily ignore the post and so will many others because it has no content and there is nothing to understand but people shouldn't be emboldened to say anything and think that no one should be critical of the observations they make.

One needn't be a rocket scientist to understand the mischief in something but only ability to discriminate the good from the bad. You can be smart and not wise.

The purported intent of the post is to make an observation. But in the process why should it be showing a most revered divinity in a negative way?

I can easily ignore the post and so will many others because it has no content and there is nothing to understand but people shouldn't be emboldened to say anything and think that no one should be critical of the observations they make.
Do you even know what you are talking about? I was referring to the TV show Shive Shakti.https://www.jiocinema.com/tv-shows/shiv-shakti/3763715
Watch it before you stick your foot in your mouth.

Refrain from using strong language. I am trying to keep the conversation decent. How does anyone know if it was from a TV show? Please give reference when you are simply copying and pasting. At least the inanity would not be attributed to you.

Even if it were from a TV show by simply posting it you are giving it a tacit approval. That is an easy way out.

Last edited:
Yes even a billion people may watch. Your objective is to fool them all. You don't present facts but manufacture them. But you can't fool people all the time. Get warned and mend yourself.

???
why did this thread escalate into a Quick Gun Murugan fight scene?? LOL

Personally I wonder if Lord Muruga is a local Tamil god who was absorbed into Vedic pantheon.

A lot of local Tibetian and local Chinese deities were absorbed into the Buddhist tradition and made into Buddhist guardian deities.

I had met a Caucasian Buddhist who is a monk and a Sanskrit professor who told me Panini was a Buddhist.
I asked him how can that be when Panini wrote Maheswara Sutraani and got all the grammar input from Lord Shiva.

To which the professor replied that Shiva is a Boddhisattva who is subservient to Avalokiteswara! I didnt reply anything to him because he only wanted to insists Panini was a Buddhist.

So you see each of of us chooses to see things the way we want it to match our mindset.

May be thats why concepts differs in North and South with regards to Lord Muruga.

Yes even a billion people may watch. Your objective is to fool them all. You don't present facts but manufacture them. But you can't fool people all the time. Get warned and mend yourself.
Sravna..today I was seeing a video where a Swamiji was stating about how karma accumulates in ways we do not even realize.

He said if we find fault and blame an innocent person we get a 100% recorded negative karma.

If we find fault and blame a guilty person we get a 50% recording of negative karma.

Even blaming and finding fault with a guilty person generates karma in us.

It was good to know this though shocking that we generate karma in so many unseen ways.

Renuka,

Thank you. Many times we do not really fight arguments that we explicitly defend. There is always almost always a hidden agenda. So logic won't work most of the times.

There are people however who speak what they think and believe in. Very few though.

Renuka,

Thank you. Many times we do not really fight arguments that we explicitly defend. There is always almost always a hidden agenda. So logic won't work most of the times.

There are people however who speak what they think and believe in. Very few though.
i think its best we dont assume anything.
I honestly feel that this thread has no hidden agenda.
Its a valid question as why the Kartik vs Muruga scenario exists.

i think its best we dont assume anything.
I honestly feel that this thread has no hidden agenda.
Its a valid question as why the Kartik vs Muruga scenario exists.
May be it is valid. It can be malicious too. It is a valid question why Americans are so dumb and stupid but it is malicious.

May be it is valid. It can be malicious too. It is a valid question why Americans are so dumb and stupid but it is malicious.
Remember what the swamiji said..
Accusing an innocent person generates karma.
So does finding fault with guilty people..that too generates karma.
Imagine..you just found fault with an entire nation...thats a big time karmic load.

Best is not to accuse or find fault but one may state his or her reasons for agreeing or disagreeing.

Remember what the swamiji said..
Accusing an innocent person generates karma.
So does finding fault with guilty people..that too generates karma.
Imagine..you just found fault with an entire nation...thats a big time karmic load.

Best is not to accuse or find fault but one may state his or her reasons for agreeing or disagreeing.
A single person fighting for example against a huge group for righteous reasons will be viewed favorably by karmic laws. But a huge group for example relentlessly pursuing a single person with wicked and selfish intents is the acme of adharma. I think I am on the right side of karma.

A single person fighting for example against a huge group for righteous reasons will be viewed favorably by karmic laws. But a huge group for example relentlessly pursuing a single person with wicked and selfish intents is the acme of adharma. I think I am on the right side of karma.
Asato ma sad gamaya.

Wrongly directed Renuka
Shouldnt we focus of moving away from untruth to truth?
Why waste your life living in " untruth".
Even if an entire nation is pursuing you, why focus on that?
Focus on Reality of existence.
That is the truth.
Let those pursuing you be in untruth and you just delete them from your mind.

Philosophically yes sounds high. But when you are dealing with subtlety and even logic shorn people and who will go to any extent to make life miserable for you if not do away with you, a response in kind is required.

You need to understand the pragmatic world too

The funny thing is they are not able to effect even an iota of impact using their technology and that is driving them mad. Poor creatures immersed totally in pragmatics in a morbid way

It is a clear case of Spirituality transcending technology. They are trying desperately in even more than human ways to falsify this but seeing more and more only opposite results

The Americans are used to hero worship by dint of their science and technology. Now they can't digest the fact that something can be much more than a match for their technology especially with spirituality treating them with kids gloves.

Latest ads

Back