• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

N Srinivasan – Absolutely Brilliant Stuff – Modern Chanakya !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a way, N Srinivasan has out-maneuvered the blood hounds who wanted to suck him dry !!. Such vitriolic language being used in the Media against him is unbelievable & with a 24x7 non stop coverage by every media in town !!

As the Media continued to hammer him, he out-played them, dig in & refused to quit. He managed the pressure extremely well. And by refusing to quit, the people who were against him had to take a public stand to impeach him.

first he cut down the blood hounds one by one by extra-ordinary back room politics, & then put Pawar on back foot who is using Mumbai police to trap Gurunath. He released that news to media at the right time.

And he timed & raised the regional issue – South vs North to perfection!!. Most of the media has stopped covering it now except a few. Now if they want him out, they have to impeach him. Lets see how the North gangs up against South to vote him out !!. It will become a war cry if it happens !!

There is absolutely No match for N Srinivasan’s brilliance & he is clearly a Modern Chanakya in the making !! Not only a Chanakya, he can & should run for political office & become the King Maker & the King !!

once in a while, i watch the live scores of CSK. i have tens of relatives, who scream on the facebook whenever CSK wins. add to this, N.Srinivasan happens to be a relative, albeit twice removed, and in whose house i have eaten more than once.

so when i saw the enthusiastic OP here, i could not help but have a chuckle at a fanatic fan in Jaykay, though i would be ware of him for the very reasons quoted in the OP. the main one being, if there is such a ganging up against a south indian by northies, it is high time that we left the indian union. :)

but here is an article, well thought it and in today's bombay mirror. i came through it through a reference in FB.

the final para is telling, 'Justice is the key to a civilized society. If we keep taking calls like this every day, either provoked by the media or the State, without first allowing evidence to be garnered and facts to be put together, all we will do is destroy more and more reputations. Not meet the ends of justice. Anger is fine. But do not confuse it with justice. The role of justice is only fulfilled when both sides have had an equal opportunity to put out their story. Not when the State and the media cuddle up to each other and the other side is in custody or bludgeoned into silence.

here is the url for the full article if you do so desire to read it. all it asks (demands?) is fairness for our fellow tambram :)

The-people-vs-N-Srinivasan

Last edited:
I will vote for Shri N. Srinivasan until he is declared guilty of betting.

BCCI has been a colossal corrupt empire and I think all politicians now want its control because only now they have become aware of the turnover in cricket betting. I am sure the proposed law will have many loopholes so that those who control cricket will rule over an empire running into several 2Gs!!

once in a while, i watch the live scores of CSK. i have tens of relatives, who scream on the facebook whenever CSK wins. add to this, N.Srinivasan happens to be a relative, albeit twice removed, and in whose house i have eaten more than once.

That's awesome! How about seeking help from Mr. Srinivasan on starting a Palakkad IPL team? :)

IPL is all about money. Wherever there is money, there will always be corruption.

I am no fan of N.Srinivasan but at the same time I feel a section of the media in collusion with the other sections of BCCI ( from Mumbai , Delhi ) and with the tactical support of selective leaks from Delhi / Mumbai police are going on an all out war to oust N.Srinivasam using his son in law as an excuse .
It is not that only now they knew of the conflict of interest N.Srinivasan had ,it has been the case right from the time he became BCCI Chief .
Every Tom Dick and Harry is coming on TV advising about 3 point agenda , 5 point agenda , 8 point agenda to cleanse BCCI . What about cleansing Politics , Cinema industry , business houses which are run the same way as BCCI is being run i.e very less transparency and lot of inflow of black money . No wonder we find only Politicians , Cinema stars , Business owners as owners of IPL or part of BCCI set up.
Nice drama going on .

Last edited:
True.

There is an article by shenoy on how the politicians gang up when a non politician is at the helm. He has compared the three instances when non politician powers were dethroned - dalmia, lalit modi, and now srinivasan, by sharad pawar and his political same/opposite camp friends.

Wow, what a way, N Srinivasan has out-maneuvered the blood hounds who wanted to suck him dry !!. Such vitriolic language being used in the Media against him is unbelievable & with a 24x7 non stop coverage by every media in town !!

As the Media continued to hammer him, he out-played them, dig in & refused to quit. He managed the pressure extremely well. And by refusing to quit, the people who were against him had to take a public stand to impeach him.

first he cut down the blood hounds one by one by extra-ordinary back room politics, & then put Pawar on back foot who is using Mumbai police to trap Gurunath. He released that news to media at the right time.

And he timed & raised the regional issue – South vs North to perfection!!. Most of the media has stopped covering it now except a few. Now if they want him out, they have to impeach him. Lets see how the North gangs up against South to vote him out !!. It will become a war cry if it happens !!

There is absolutely No match for N Srinivasan’s brilliance & he is clearly a Modern Chanakya in the making !! Not only a Chanakya, he can & should run for political office & become the King Maker & the King !!

I am not interested in IPL Cricket matches since in my view, it is wholly a commercial venture, including purchase of players in auction. However, I am amazed by the gang up of Media (especially visual media) in pillorying Mr. N.Srinivasan, BCCI chief. This was going on day in and day out till they achieved the goal, which they only knew. To my understanding and reading of news so far, no one has accused him in indulging in anyway related to IPL match fixing, except that his son in law is accused of wrong doing. The case is under investigation by Police. It is only fair that he should have been allowed to continue in his post till he is proved in any way connected with the spot fixing.

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I know he is Tamilain, and also innocent until proven guilty.
But is he an able administrator? If he is an able officer, how did this kind of crime happened under his watch? Does the buck stop at the top, or does it just stops short of him because he is a Brahmin, and Tamilian at that>

Do you guys who are jumping to support Mr. Srinivasan have double standards. When Lalit mody was Charged (and rightly so) no TB jumped up and down, Why?

Do you see the bias in your judgements?

I want Mr. Srinivasan to quit, because he was a poor administrator, not because he may be corrupt. In Indian politics and high offices it is difficult to find an honest and able person.

I know he is Tamilain, and also innocent until proven guilty.
But is he an able administrator? If he is an able officer, how did this kind of crime happened under his watch? Does the buck stop at the top, or does it just stops short of him because he is a Brahmin, and Tamilian at that>

Do you guys who are jumping to support Mr. Srinivasan have double standards. When Lalit mody was Charged (and rightly so) no TB jumped up and down, Why?

Do you see the bias in your judgements?

I want Mr. Srinivasan to quit, because he was a poor administrator, not because he may be corrupt. In Indian politics and high offices it is difficult to find an honest and able person.

BCCI did not have any "able administrator" in Pawar, Dalmiya, etc. The only name taken in the tv was of Rajsingh Dungarpur (1990's). Srinivasan was not less than Pawar. Lalit Modi with the support of Pawar and some others caught the idea of making moneys via cricket and cricket betting and started the IPL when they found the BCCI coffers slipping away from their hands. Match and spot fixing have been going on for a much longer time than what they say and bookies became very active when they saw parallels between IPL and their age-old horse-racing (players/horses being auctioned, made to play/run in the race course, etc.)

That is why I still say NS gets my vote till he is proved to have bet money on cricket. Not because he is tabra, southie, etc., but propriety does not call for his quitting. The politicians are gunning to take control of BCCI because its coffers will help them in elections. If srinivasan continues and signs cheques to finance Pawar, Jaitley &co., it will be doomsday for NS; he knows this possibly. Hence all this "grab-BCCI" drama, right from Sreesanth episode.

Sangom sir is more explicit. It is rumoured that Lalit Modi is still calling the shots and at least advising the greedy. Sreenivasan is not a bad administrator if you know the history of India Cements, but flummoxed by the league of the North. This forum will not appreciate the wrongs in the society, Brahmin or no. But why you want to hang him before knowing what happened. Just for a moment suppose he did nothing wrong, then.. Once resigned he will not be allowed to prove his innocence. It is the other way round in the North. It is not Maarkazhi month to hear Bhajans.

Sangom sir is more explicit. It is rumoured that Lalit Modi is still calling the shots and at least advising the greedy. Sreenivasan is not a bad administrator if you know the history of India Cements, but flummoxed by the league of the North. This forum will not appreciate the wrongs in the society, Brahmin or no. But why you want to hang him before knowing what happened. Just for a moment suppose he did nothing wrong, then.. Once resigned he will not be allowed to prove his innocence. It is the other way round in the North. It is not Maarkazhi month to hear Bhajans.

:lol:

The politicians are gunning to take control of BCCI because its coffers will help them in elections.

Dear Sangom,

I am sure you know that politicians already exercise significant control over BCCI.

In any case, isn't this a common thing in India? Whenever corruption is detected in private bodies and organizations, there is a clamor that the govt should take over such organization. This despite the fact that the governments themselves are mostly corrupt. People are somehow satisfied with corruption as long as elected members are the ones indulging in it.

As much as I agree with the opinions here that BCCI has always been corrupt (the way they colluded with govt to shut down rival ICL, who were the first to bring T20 cricket to India, is one example), I am happy with this fallout, if it brings more transparency to the way cricket affairs are conducted in this country.

IPL chairman Rajiv Shukla resigned on Saturday evening, becoming the third top official of the cricket board to step down in the past 24 hours.

N. Srinivasan’s reign as the president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India is most likely to end on Sunday at an emergent Working Committee meeting in Chennai. Having defied demands from within the Board -- and pressure from outside -- to leave his post following the spot-fixing scandal, which also involves his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan, Mr. Srinivasan is understood to have relented.

Although the Working Committee cannot force a president to resign -- according to the BCCI constitution, a 75 per cent majority at a general meeting is required for impeachment -- a deal appears to have been struck.

31TH_CARTOON_COLOU_1471884g.webp

http://www.indiapress.org/gen/news.php/The_Hindu/400x60/0

Last edited:
கால பைரவன்;191277 said:
Dear Sangom,

I am sure you know that politicians already exercise significant control over BCCI.

In any case, isn't this a common thing in India? Whenever corruption is detected in private bodies and organizations, there is a clamor that the govt should take over such organization. This despite the fact that the governments themselves are mostly corrupt. People are somehow satisfied with corruption as long as elected members are the ones indulging in it.

As much as I agree with the opinions here that BCCI has always been corrupt (the way they colluded with govt to shut down rival ICL, who were the first to bring T20 cricket to India, is one example), I am happy with this fallout, if it brings more transparency to the way cricket affairs are conducted in this country.

Shri Kalabhairavan,

I am not a connoisseur of cricket, the transformation of our ancient "kiTTiyum kOlum" which I have also played while in school. But from what little I know, for a long time now, cricket has been the cash cow for many associated with that game; possibly this started in right earnest after the game started being televised. And for that reason exactly, politicians like N.K.P. Salve and others eyed the cricket control seat. Since then, I think BCCI has almost always been a source of finance for Maharashtra Congress and when BJP gained power at the centre and also, Shiv sena in Maharashtra, BJP also probably started sharing this source.

Srinivasan with his corporate experience may have been a hard nut to crack for the politicians with vested interest in cricket and that I think is the main reason for this drama at this point of time, not that the "sinless" cricket administrators were innocent of the goings on like match-fixing, spot-fixing, etc.

As in politics, the stubborn resistance by N Srinivasan too seems to have finally been broken. An emergency meeting of senior office-bearers in Chennai this afternoon is expected to allow the powerful cricket board president to step aside, at least temporarily. That is seen as a must, to lessen the body blow the governing body has taken. Even then it would be a case of too little, too late.

However, the issue of corruption in a game regarded as a religion in India has been peculiarly overshadowed this time once details began emerging from Chennai, the seat of power of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), that Srinivasan’s son-in-law, Gurunath Meiyappan, who headed the Chennai Super Kings, had been betting heavily through an intermediary, Vindoo Dara Singh.

His argument that there is no inquiry against him falls flat. Firstly, he has been mired in conflict of interest since the Indian Twenty20 league began in 2008 because as a BCCI functionary he was ineligible to own a franchise. But Srinivasan subsequently tweaked the Board constitution to clear that hurdle. There have also been whispers that the canary yellow team has benefitted due to its powerful owner. While Srinivasan and the CSK owners, India Cements was happy to let his film producer son-in-law carry out the functions of a team principal, he has in one fell swoop tried to distance Gurunath from the team, and himself from the shenanigans of his son-in-law.

Even Rats leave a sinking ship.

Please do not hitch your reputation to an inefficient, crook, just because he is Tamilian or Brahmin. Judge a person by his character not by his birth.

Please do not hitch your reputation to an inefficient, crook, just because he is Tamilian or Brahmin. Judge a person by his character not by his birth.

How to judge when all the news we get may only be the onion's layer with the truth hidden deep within (or with nothing hidden)? I think it is better not to come to any conclusion at all.

In any organization, when an executive goes on tour or leave, he circulates a note who will fill his position during that period - who will take day to day running decisions and who can sign for cheques up to certain amount. No policy or big decision will be taken in his absence.

This is the case with BCCI board. dalmia fills in srinivasan's absence; srinivasan's ICC association remains intact.

Pawar is be seething with impotent anger, as his plan collapsed despite resignation by his two supporters.

In the special meeting too, no one except two wanted srinivasan to resign.

Bowing to all-round pressure, N Srinivasan on Sunday agreed to "step aside" as BCCI president under a compromise formula that brought back former chief Jagmohan Dalmiya as head of a four-member "interim arrangement" to run the Board, more than a fortnight after the spot-fixing scandal rocked cricketing world.

Srinivasan steps aside as Dalmiya takes over as interim BCCI chief - The Times of India

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back