• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

No Rligion--Any takers?Who will bell the cat?

• Thread starter Thread starter SuryaKasyapa
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sri Raghy Ji,

My personal opinion is that, Veda Dharma, if considered as religion, the product as a core is good, the people who makes it impure should be corrected or learned persons should contribute to the elimination of the impurities.

Regards

Sri.PV Raman Sir,

Personally I don't consider Veda Dharma as a religion. Hinduism has so much exalted philosophies. It is painful to see The hindus are not able to collectively throw the impurities themselves. They can do it. They should not entrust that to a religious leader or a political leader. If you recall, I mentioned about inter-caste marriages as one method to break the barriers.

Cheers!

Sow.Sri.Renukakarthikayan,

"You know most athiest i know only find fault with Hinduism openly. They DARE NOT openly critisize other religions.
Because there wont be a head on their shoulders after doing so."

Sow.Renukakarthikayan,

I am not athiest; I am a humanist. I criticise all religions. In fact, I am known in the internet forums as the criticiser of Islam. (Yes, I am taking the risk; yes, I have received warnings over the phone already). Here I do not have a muslim or Christian to criticise their respective religions.

Cheers!
Dear Raghy,

Do we really need to critize our own religion or even other religions?
What do we gain from this?
Why dont we just drink the ambrosia of divinity which is actually hidden in ocean of our heart which can only be obtained by churning our mind and dispelling the negativities in us.

Mrtyor Ma Amritam Gamaya

Please read the stanza in Kamba Ramayana which starts with 'Nadhiyin pizhai andru, narum punal inmai'. This was a statement made by Rama to Lakshmana when the latter expressed his anguish on hearing that Dasaratha has ordered Rama be banished to live in exile.

We cannot blame any system because of the evil deeds or corrupt nature of some people at its top. Weed them out; that is the real solution. If you can't, don't blame the system.

Hinduism has met with all such accusations in the past and many intellectuals always find fault in Hinduism only and sadly, many of these elites are our own brethren.

Religions evolved in the world to provide some sort of relief, confidence and hope for the distressed. They guided people along the path of righteousness and enlightened them regarding the purpose of living. They cannot be blamed for the ills prevailing in the society.

If untreated effluents and drainage water are let into the Ganges, is it the river's fault?

Sow.Sri.Renukakarthikayan,

"Do we really need to critize our own religion or even other religions?
What do we gain from this?
Why dont we just drink the ambrosia of divinity which is actually hidden in ocean of our heart which can only be obtained by churning our mind and dispelling the negativities in us."

Sow. Renukakarthikayan,
Wish you a properous 2010.

Why do I criticise my own religion? It is the regular 'house keeping' vigil. Since it was done very regularly in Hinduism, Hinduism had evolved to its present condition. When we constantly watch out and criticise our own religion on regular basis, we constantly weed out the 'fake gurus' who use religion as a vehicle for personal benefits. 'புடம் போட்ட பொண்தான் தரம் கூடும்'. Excepting the concept of God, a religion can have all the other teachings in line with logic. Hinduism has so many philosophies in line with logic; but not followed. That is why I criticise Hinduism.

Why do I criticise other religions? Because each of them claim to be superior to all the other religions;those religions mention my religion of birth in a degrading way (if someone call me and others like me 'filth' based on the religion of birth, you can bet your last ringet that I would not be taking it lying down;I read their 'holy' book to see why they say it, and armed me with damaging informations and started attacking. Attack is the best form of self-defence.

Criticisin and standing up for myself and others does not bring out the negativity in me; it actually brings out the positivity in anybody. Sure, I do drink the ambrosia from my mind. For the ambrosia to secrete, the mind should be free of fear, low self-esteem feelings, guilt feelings and feeling of frustrations. Thanks for your suggestion anyway!

Cheers!

Last edited:
Most of the religions are static in nature. Hinduism is a dynamic religion. Let people criticise our religion. There is no harm. We will take all the positive criticisms and come out with more reformed attitude. It is always better for us.

EVR movement definitely made a positive impact and none of us add caste after our names. EVR movement made me think objectively against all Godmen. I believe in God and not Godmen.

Ramakrishna Paramahamsa has said `like a honey bee sucking the best variety of honey from different flowers, let us try to extract best practices of all religions'.

All the best

Dear Shri. Raghi

Disclaimer:- The message posted below is my personal stand regarding religions. I am not trying to impose my ideas to anybody. I am a humanist. I will protect others in conducting their religious rites as long as that does not harm anyone else.

I appreciate your stance and good luck for it.

“To make a choice of "no religion" is your choice which anyone would respect. But to call the other side as crooks and dishonest is an insult to the millions who do follow religion”.

Religions are not the personal properties of the followers; only the followers belong to respective religions. I did not mention anything about the followers; did not criticise the followers. Why my POV should be an insult to the followers?

You don’t need to criticize the followers personally. If you call a creed as dishonest and crook, it is automatic that you are insulting its followers.

“Why do you categorize all religions as one? What made you conclude that this product has impurities and is morally corrupt?”

Greetings Sri Ananad! Yes I do have a ‘wholesale’ opinion about all religions. All religions have few things in common- every one of them is man made; every one of them have one or more Gods created by men; every one of them was made for gullible persons. So, all religions are placed under the same category.

Well, this is your opinion and you are entitled to it but does not prove anything.

Hinduism preaches that God as ‘Paramatma’ dwells in every living thing, certainly in every human; in that regard, irrespective of the ‘jeevatma’ realised that fact or not, still all the human beings should be considered equal. But the same Hinduism divided the society in four varnas (I am not even touching Jatis yet) and made followers of one varna as the ‘servant’ class for all the other three. So, which one is the lie? Is it the varna classification or paramatma dwelling in every person? I just wrote one point. I can write more points. One needs only one drop of impurity in the milk for the whole milk to get contaminated.

Don’t go by net translations which look quite bad in English. Get hold of the original verses and please sit with a bonafide guru and discuss? Also look for deeper meanings in the verses? Any your milk example is bad. I will give mine. If part of your house roof is leaking would you repair it or discard your house?

I can show about other religions too from their holy book. Sir, do you really like to see that? If you do, provide me your email Id. I will send them to you.

I have read a lot about other religions too but thanks for your offer anyway.

“……But they can still be following the other good tenets of their religion. Hinduism, thankfully has said this from the beginning. There is no place for dogmatic beliefs here. If someone is still clinging on to dogmatic beliefs then he has to correct his mind and not religion”.

Sir, kindly make up your mind. If there is no place for dogmatic belief in Hinduism, how can someone ‘still cling on to dogmatic beliefs’?

Nice play of words, Shri. Raghy but does not convey anything to me.

What would they be dear Raghy?

Sri.Nara,

In my opinion, vadanta from Sri. Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Vivekananda and Sri.Ramana Maharishi, Thirukkural and such works can be considered exalted philosophies. I have not read all of them; but I had the pleasure of reading some of them. Although these philosophies are above religions, still related to Hinduism.

Cheers! (Drive safely; have a nice trip!).

Sri. Anand,

"Don’t go by net translations which look quite bad in English. Get hold of the original verses and please sit with a bonafide guru and discuss? Also look for deeper meanings in the verses? Any your milk example is bad. I will give mine. If part of your house roof is leaking would you repair it or discard your house?"

Sir, why don't you explain? I have noticed you engaging in extensive discussions. I may not have the knowledge to understand, but, other forum members would have benefited.

Depending upon the extend of the damage Sir, sometimes it would be easier and cheaper to replace the roof.

(Sri.Anand, you have not convincingly defended Hinduism from the charges I made. My charges may be my POVs; but, they have not been refuted to show my POVs are wrong).

Cheers!

Last edited:
Dear Shri. Raghy,

I am no self proclaimed defender of Hinduism. And since I see a "wholesale" opinion on religion I get the feeling that it may be futile arguing your points of view. May be we meet again on another thread.

Thanks

OMG IC Marriage

Dear Sri Raghy Sir,

Sri.PV Raman Sir,

Personally I don't consider Veda Dharma as a religion. Hinduism has so much exalted philosophies. It is painful to see The hindus are not able to collectively throw the impurities themselves. They can do it. They should not entrust that to a religious leader or a political leader. If you recall, I mentioned about inter-caste marriages as one method to break the barriers.

Cheers!

Veda dharma could be a great thing if the unnecessary frills are cut could be sleeker than any thing else. Veda Dharma essentially asks us not to deviate much from the nature. We have drifted away from that and are paying the price. Nowadays in Tamil nadu, there is a steep increase in virus fever...All because of the dirty environment.

Here you can see people pissing on the road, i was shocked to see 3 devotees were pissing on the way to srirangam temple (about two days ago). (near to one of the pillars). There were many pay toilets around.

I am getting convinced that Caste will remain, and will achieve equal status. When the differences shrink, the intercaste marriage will not be a problem in future.

Regards

Dear Sri Raghy Sir,

Veda dharma could be a great thing if the unnecessary frills are cut could be sleeker than any thing else. Veda Dharma essentially asks us not to deviate much from the nature. We have drifted away from that and are paying the price. Nowadays in Tamil nadu, there is a steep increase in virus fever...All because of the dirty environment.

Here you can see people pissing on the road, i was shocked to see 3 devotees were pissing on the way to srirangam temple (about two days ago). (near to one of the pillars). There were many pay toilets around.

I am getting convinced that Caste will remain, and will achieve equal status. When the differences shrink, the intercaste marriage will not be a problem in future.

Regards

Sri Raman, You have mixed all things .

Veda Dharma does not have frills. The essence gets diluted for use
according to one' needs.Explanations are added by the interpreter. Various persons will have their own particular perceptions. The concentrate is kept as preserved.For use a small amount is taken and concoctions are made as per one's requirements.Colouring and peppering is done by the user. Sitting and enjoying todays' conveniences one cannot sit is judgement o somthing originated and made thousands of years ago.That is why different people see it in diffrent pesrpective. It is like seeing same thing wearing different coloured glasses. Even without resorting to or quoting Veda Dharma,- or for that matter without depending on any of the religious writings--one can lead a life as a good human being.That needs real conviction and courage.

Pissing and hygiene does not have relevance to relegion. t depends on one's upbringing, civic sense,situations availability of r alternaves and the efficiency of law enforcement, and corrective/punitive action.

Differences will always remain,even naturally, unless human beings are manufactured in a factory. People may call it euphemistically with some other name. I have always my lingering doubt that it is the vested interest who want to see the differences to be existing and continued , who go on talking about disappearing or aboishing of caste,religion etc.The confident and genuine, will not mid about these but go on with his life accepting the differences as existing and try in his own way to enrich society,and live as a good human being. Many times these kind of people succeed in creating vedge among people by bringing out bogey of differences, exploitation ,etc which were not existing ,and people were happily living. I exhort our enlightened members not to fall prey to these"Maya" or delusive propaganda.These persons do not want to see unity.Our weakness is their strenghth.
Nature by its own way is a levller.Life is far worse in many places around the world where there is no such thing as caste.

Generally in any field,there are many armchair critics, sitting insulated ,who will dictate terms to others--to those who are in the midst of the scene and experience it.

People will practise inetercaste,inter -religious,inter- national marriages and other exchanges if it is needed by them, as it is,and was practised.There is nothing to be now invented.

Let us step into 2010 with our own conviction that we will be ourselves, a real good human being , simultaneously keeping the individuality of caste,religion,nation ,language , culture etc,

Greetings

Dear Sri Suryakasyapa,

I tried to touch 3 topics in one post. By saying frills, i mean the additions that were added later on. Rituals and prayer. With my little understanding, I feel that by the creation of so many gods and rituals which (like idol worship etc-) the main teachings of veda dharma, respecting the nature and simple living are overlooked and replaced by money power. Now we can see the maximum number of devoties pray to get good wealth and good health to enjoy and good education to make good wealth. Not much importence is given for teaching the basic values. Respecting other people for their good nature instead of how rich they are. Veda dharma does not measure one's success with wealth but today, we measure success with ones financial status. Why our veda dharma could not influence the society and enlighten them. IMHO, the frills aka extra rituals taken the focus out of it. Now the people focus on the procedure rather than purpose. We need to review the system and bring back the simplicity by removing so many add-ons.

Regards

Dear Sri Suryakasyapa,

I tried to touch 3 topics in one post. By saying frills, i mean the additions that were added later on. Rituals and prayer. With my little understanding, I feel that by the creation of so many gods and rituals which (like idol worship etc-) the main teachings of veda dharma, respecting the nature and simple living are overlooked and replaced by money power. Now we can see the maximum number of devoties pray to get good wealth and good health to enjoy and good education to make good wealth. Not much importence is given for teaching the basic values. Respecting other people for their good nature instead of how rich they are. Veda dharma does not measure one's success with wealth but today, we measure success with ones financial status. Why our veda dharma could not influence the society and enlighten them. IMHO, the frills aka extra rituals taken the focus out of it. Now the people focus on the procedure rather than purpose. We need to review the system and bring back the simplicity by removing so many add-ons.

Regards

Dear PV RamanJi,

I fully agree with you.Many these days are just interested in Karma Phala.
Even when they give a donation they give it on certain festivals and openly say they do so for bountiful harvest of wealth and success from God and become their oldself almost the next day itself.
When i was in college i remember my batch mates being vegetarian for nine days for navaratri and so pious on Saraswati Pooja days. Sharp 12 night of final day of Saraswati Pooja they will keep alcohol and non veg ready, once clock stikes 12 night they will eat non veg and drink alcohol as Saraswati Pooja was officially over.

Religion is becoming commercialized these days.
Its marketed as a tool to obtain wealth, success and short cut methods even in meditation which comes with a hefty fee.

The essential spiritualism is missing these days and even if people do practise it they isolate themselves into various sects eg ISKON, Brahmakumaris(Just examples, not being prejudiced here) etc and feel everyone else is different from them.
Making more divisions each time instead of uniting Hindus.

Spiritualism can only be revived if people practice ceiling of desires and emphasis given on Human Values in education system today.
It is not a distant dream.

Dear Smt Renuka ji,

Absolutely. Devotees from all religions behave very different from the actual preachings.

Its because the preachings have no significance in the path of materialistic gains. Instead of seeing the impending danger our current path leads us to, we are trying to modify the teachings to suit our modern living.
Regards

Why do we need a religion if we are not interested in seeing beyond our material life. This is the attitude among modern day intellectuals as they think and assume being a highly successful professional in their own domain they can talk and write as they wish. The religion is useful and meaningful only for those who still belief life beyond this material world. Religion and materialistic world are opposite sides of a coin and those who are successful in either of the one will neglect or tend to avoid other one. We common people caught between these two concepts. But i believe and assume Religion is for my Athma & non-religion is for my body. If we can balance both we can enjoy in both worlds so long as one does not harm the other one.

To Sri Ganesh 27 sir, I have already given an meaning for Religion,in Heburu Reliya become in english as Religion as Not so called Matham, means to reunite with the Source, and after that no birth and death. In the world the Religion foun ded by men and not by God. We the Human being made every thing to our cinvience and sufferers. Once all Born in this world lived with out God and other things. so leave this topic and do some usefull. s.r.k.

Dear Satsanghi

Though Religion was not found by God, yet paths to attain God was found by God and told to humanbeing through some medium, we can name them as Vedas, Bible for Christians,Quron for muslims. we human beings has given some name to this path and in general term we call it Religion. I dont know Hebru and cant comment about the word Reliya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back