• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

people like this

Status
Not open for further replies.
re

Shri RVR
The incident has certain assumptions to go with, for the story to be logical. AD should have had prior knowledge that the man was innocent, and that the group chasing them were rowdies...

Let us consider another scenario:

Assume, that AD sees a person being chased by another group. Both are alien to him; the chased ducks into an alley and hides himself. The chasing group comes up and asks AD as to where the other was (or that had he seen him hide)... What would AD say?

AD is always on the side of vaimai and he tells them that he did not see anything... They go elsewhere and the chased man is saved.

Later towards the day, AD is again walking along when he sees the group of chasers passing by with a mournful attitude. On asking why they were so mournful, he gets the reply that they were not able to catch a person, who had earlier burgled a house after murdering the aged inmates. Somehow he was seen by one of the members of the party who had raised the alarm; so the murderer, leaving behind all his loot took off to save himself.

What would run through AD's mind...?

So here unmai should be spoken. I can equally cite a contrasting example where vaimai would triumph.

We can do this now because we are creating sequences to support whatever we think is logical; but can we take that decision in real time?

----------------------------------------------

No, I am not against vaimai or unmai; but both can be equally dangerous when then are applied without 'total' information. The right questions have to be asked at the proper time for all the facts to be revealed. Even then it is a tough ask...

So let us be wise and become over-smart and use vaimai and unmai to the greater benefit... ;)

Regards,

chellamay neenga engayyyo poiteenga saar,sapthajihva:first:

People like this

Dear Sri.Kunjuppuji,
After going through the incident which you have mentioned in your post,I am really proud of my late father and late grandfather.I would like to share an incident which happened in the year 1920 or so.I am
unable to recollect the correct year.Since my eldest brother was born in the year 1923 this incident would have taken place at least a year before.My father's first wife died and my grand parents have selected my mother as second wife and the age difference of my father and mother was about 17 years.Both the families
were related even before the marriage.My mother's mother had agreed to give Rs.200 as Dowry,but could not arrange the payment by the promised date.If the money is not received my father;s mother would not agree for the marriage.So my grandfather informed my father to tell his mother that they have received the promised amount of Rs.200 and spent the money. My mother could marry my father.It is a different story that when the truth came out after the marriage my mother had to hear lot of harsh words from my grand mother.
Bk

Sri B.Krishnamurthy ji,

I feel sorry for your mother. It's pathetic to live with some one who hates us, especially when the hatred is unfair and illogical...

In many cases we could see that "A woman is the reason to make the other woman cry"

aakah padubavanum azhika padubhavanumum,nighazbhavanum,anaithum onray

People like this

Dear Sri.Raviji,
Thank you.My father's mother continued to tease my mother till her last days in the year 1959. My mother an innocent lady expired in the year
1993 and was keeping good health and managing her affairs herself.
I have never seen her falling sick.She used to observe fast sometimes for two days continuously and still managing the household affairs all
alone by herself.
I am now 76 plus and I have come across number of incidents where
newly wed girls had to undergo this type of teasing and their husband
will be a mute spectator.I feel that our society is still a male dominated one.My friend and colleague in my department from Kumbakonam(Iyen street) remained unmarried. Once I asked him as to why he is not getting married as he has fulfilled his responsibility of marrying of his three sisters.
Iwas shocked to hear his reply.He informed me that he does not want to spoil the life of a girl because of the inborn qualities of his mother.Even a girl with adjusting temperament will not be able to live
with his mother.Men who consider their wives as equal life partner
are branded by society as 'henpecked'
I hope days in some distant' FUTURE' will change the mindset of the present Society
BK.

Sri B.Krishnamuthy ji,

Please address me just as RAVI....I am just 34 years old and like your son...

It's true that many guys remain a mute spectator when their wives undergo humiliation by her in-laws.

You have correctly noted that "Men who consider their wives as equal life partner are branded by society as henpecked"

The most ironical is the fact that some ill-fated girls and boys of today could not realise the love and compassion of their partner. They either consider their partner as out-dated or some one who can not give space to his/her partner. I am telling this based on a story that I came across through my friend's own experience

One of my friends got in love with a girl and married her, apposing his parents. Everything seemed to be perfectly OK. One day he phoned me up and cried like a child, narrating the incident which he could not tolerate.. He used to pick his wife up every evening from her office on the way back home. After couple of months she asked him not to take this pain any more, as she can manage to return on her own. One evening, he felt like picking her up from her office surprisingly, so that they can have dinner in a restaurant. The poor guy was almost shocked to death when she created a scene in the public. She accused him of spying her. She, in fact had the plan go out with her male colleague for some shopping. As per her plan she left with her colleague in front of him warning him not to spy on her in future and plan anything without her knowledge and that when she is helpless she would ask him to pick her up.

Many such dramas are played by human beings now a days and the funny thing is that, many of us are unable to understand what is right and what is wrong.

Last edited:
Sri B.Krishnamuthy ji,

Please address me just as RAVI....I am just 34 years old and like your son...

It's true that many guys remain a mute spectator when their wives undergo humiliation by her in-laws.

You have correctly noted that "Men who consider their wives as equal life partner are branded by society as henpecked"

in lighter vein,women who consider their spouses or significant other's as equal,are they branded cockpecked?

The most ironical is the fact that some ill-fated girls and boys of today could not realise the love and compassion of their partner. They either consider their partner as out-dated or some one who can not give space to his/her partner. I am telling this based on a story that I came across through my friend's own experience
One of my friends got in love with a girl and married her, apposing his parents. Everything seemed to be perfectly OK. One day he phoned me up and cried like a child, narrating the incident which he could not tolerate.. He used to pick his wife up every evening from her office on the way back home. After couple of months she asked him not to take this pain any more, as she can manage to return on her own. One evening, he felt like picking her up from her office surprisingly, so that they can have dinner in a restaurant. The poor guy was almost shocked to death when she created a scene in the public. She accused him of spying her. She, in fact had the plan go out with her male colleague for some shopping. As per her plan she left with her colleague in front of him warning him not to spy on her in future and plan anything without her knowledge and that when she is helpless she would ask him to pick her up.

Many such dramas are played by human beings now a days and the funny thing is that, many of us are unable to understand what is right and what is wrong.

lover's quarrel,best to give is a patient hearing and be non-committal,imho.but then family plays an important role,in peace making just as friends do.if things get totally out of hand,then couples shud split,is modern trend,i think.old is gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back