• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

please guide me

• Thread starter Thread starter shivagami
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shivagami

Om sainathaya namaha, I bought a new house now,it is under construction now,it is very small,I want a puja room,so I parted bedroom in Sw corner and now my puja room is in Sw and bedroom middle and toilet is attached to bedroom in nw.is it good?where can I keep ventilation?how much slabs can keep to place photos? My puja room area is 5×10 please guide me.2.my house isin ne. Corner of whole plot,so the new is short and ne is broad inside the compound wall.looks like v shape, is this good?

Last edited by a moderator:
Om sainathaya namaha, I bought a new house now,it is under construction now,it is very small,I want a puja room,so I parted bedroom in Sw corner and now my puja room is in Sw and bedroom middle and toilet is attached to bedroom in nw.is it good?where can I keep ventilation?how much slabs can keep to place photos? My puja room area is 5×10 please guide me.2.my house isin ne. Corner of whole plot,so the new is short and ne is broad inside the compound wall.looks like v shape, is this good?

The V shape for the house is not generally considered very auspicious. You may consider some vAstu expert to find out how best to rectify this without spending a lot of more money. Pooja room in SW corner, called "Kannimoolai" as per vAstu SAStram is very good. Bed room and attached toilet are all Ok; only, bed room should be separate from Pooja room, no door in between. You may keep ventilation in such a way that the pictures of pooja room face east and you can pray sitting to one side of the pooja, facing north. Number of slabs and photos etc., is according to available wall space and convenience, there is no strict rule about these things.

Thank you sir,we went jamakol and thamboola prassannam to a gurukal,he said based on prassannam amogama valuveenga,so we became happy and bought it.there is no door betwee puja and bedroom, but fully closed except entrance in east(living room),if we keep one hole similar to exhaust on Sw corner it is good?sir

House is correctly constructed but outside house within compound wall nortwest very short and north east is broad looks like v shaped, in that north east they built underground water tank

House is correctly constructed,but within the compound that v shape is there.all the corner is even except north east,that became broad and north west is short,the house is east facing,in the north east they constructed underground water tank sir,so v shape formed.

Thank you sir,we went jamakol and thamboola prassannam to a gurukal,he said based on prassannam amogama valuveenga,so we became happy and bought it.there is no door betwee puja and bedroom, but fully closed except entrance in east(living room),if we keep one hole similar to exhaust on Sw corner it is good?sir

Keeping a hole like exhaust, on the SW corner does not bring any good or bad result, but there should be through ventilation from the front to the back of the house without any obstruction; they say the vAStu puruSha will glide through the house happily only if there is such a path for wind. Hope I have expressed my self clearly.

House is correctly constructed,but within the compound that v shape is there.all the corner is even except north east,that became broad and north west is short,the house is east facing,in the north east they constructed underground water tank sir,so v shape formed.

If only the plot is V-shaped, some people believe that a vAStu pooja should be performed to rectify the defect. Otherwise, there is no problem if the house is not V-shaped.

Thank you for your valuable reply sir it helps me lot Om sayenathaya namaha

What are the homas can be done on grahapravesh?we are willing to do sudarshana homa on that day.if you guide me then we will do maximum homas during grahapravesh.we are not willing to call anybody to my grahapravesh why because it is too far.so my mother and brother alone we invited.nobody will be there except gurukal.is this correct?sir

What are the homas can be done on grahapravesh?we are willing to do sudarshana homa on that day.if you guide me then we will do maximum homas during grahapravesh.we are not willing to call anybody to my grahapravesh why because it is too far.so my mother and brother alone we invited.nobody will be there except gurukal.is this correct?sir

Before doing homas, etc., it is customary (in Kerala at least) to perform "pAlu kAccaRatu" or milk boiling function in the new kitchen and then to give a sumptuous feast (now a days this has turned into a sumptuous tea party) for all the workers, including helpers, etc., who got the house built. Sudarshana homam is not a must; a navagraha homam, after ganapathy homam is the usual custom here. Whom you invite/not invite is all up to you.

In Tamil Nadu, 'boiling milk' and the homams are done on the same day, before the completion of the painting of the house.

And the milk is distributed in small amount, to all the invitees. Breakfast / lunch follows the homams, depending on the time.

Ganapathy homam and Navagraha homams are usually performed; adding 'vAstu' homam is a new trend!

These days the grihapravesam is done as given below keeping the rituals to the minimum essential ones only.

1. Consult an astrologer with your horoscope and your husband's. Your horoscope is most important. The astrologer will tell you the day and time for grihapravesam. Grihapravesam is done usually when the final touch in the construction work is about to be taken up.

2. Then ask for a purohit. He will tell you the homams to be done and the cost involved. You can decide on what all homams to do depending on the cost quoted by your purohit. Ganapati homam, Sudarsana Homam, navagraha homam and vastu homam are the usual ones prescribed for the occasion.

3. As it is a rule that the pUrnahuti for a Ganapathy homam must be given just when the sun rises in the east, you will have to get up early in the day and get ready for the function.

4. The vadhyar/purohit will come to your current residence and do a brief ceremony in which he will chant a few suktams to get pure water in a vessel sanctified to be taken to the new house. If there is place in the new premises (like the brand new car parking area or another vacant room other than your house, then this punyakavachanam preliminary can be done there. Otherwise it will have to be done in your present home and the water carried by you to your new home for sprinkling there before starting the homams or milk-boiling.

5. As you enter the house you will have to get in along with a lighted kuthuvilakku in your hand followed by your relatives, stepping in with your right leg first and praying for welfare of every one who is going to live in that house in the times to come. Take the picture of your God along and place it in a prominent place.

Gathered from an elderly purohit who gave it written down in a paper. Hope this will be helpful.

Last edited:
I m thanking you to reply my thread,I feel happy to read such a brief procedure.

hi

in some traditions....5 main auspicious procedure before entering home....a brahmin.....a kanya.....a married woman with ista

devata /kula devata pic.....a cow and calf......may be before starting the pooja....in pooja ganapati pooja/punyahavachanam...

navagraha pooja....vasthu shanti pooja....then milk boiling...finallybreaking of POOSHANIKAI breaking for removal of drishti....

Last edited:
I feel very happy on getting knowledge of unknown subject for me. I am willing to buy new kuthuvikakus from pumbuhar,Coimbatore. But there is lot of designs like mayil ,sangu chakra etc,please guide me which design is auspicious to choose and what length it should be,is there any shasthra behind it?

I feel very happy on getting knowledge of unknown subject for me. I am willing to buy new kuthuvikakus from pumbuhar,Coimbatore. But there is lot of designs like mayil ,sangu chakra etc,please guide me which design is auspicious to choose and what length it should be,is there any shasthra behind it?
hi

generally kuthuvilakku with mayil ....possible 2 deepams ...a kamakshi vilakku also usefu...

I ve decided to draw an auspicious kolam in vasal during grahapravesh day.I will use kolapodi and kavi.I will use cow dung before drawing kolam.but there are variety of kolams are there.like neli,rangoli,pulling,etc.,which kind is auspicious and what design is auspicious, but every body will walk on it.please guide me.I will start practicing that kind of kolam.

I ve decided to draw an auspicious kolam in vasal during grahapravesh day.I will use kolapodi and kavi.I will use cow dung before drawing kolam.but there are variety of kolams are there.like neli,rangoli,pulling,etc.,which kind is auspicious and what design is auspicious, but every body will walk on it.please guide me.I will start practicing that kind of kolam.
hi

for better and convenient.....kolam in plastic sheets....ready made available....its washable too....only in main entance may be

possoble ARISI MAA KOLAM....means rice batterd maa kolam...with kaavi...

hi

for better and convenient.....kolam in plastic sheets....ready made available....its washable too....only in main entance may be

possoble ARISI MAA KOLAM....means rice batterd maa kolam...with kaavi...
OK sir but arising maa kolam can be easily drawn on cement karai but no karai there .but I will try to draw sir.

hi

r u from kovai?

I saw in website padikolams are updated under auspicious kolams.so I m willing to draw it but kindly tell me padi kolams can be drawn bramins alone? By sasthra whether non bramins are qualified to draw it?if I m qualified then happily I will draw padikolam.I will mix kolapodi+pacchrisimavu and draw.I will put kavi in between.if not then I will go for lotus rangoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back