• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ramdev is trying to mislead society: Shankaracharya

Status
Not open for further replies.
had this fasting blackmail happened 75 years ago, no one would have bothered. Thanks to democracy, by which every line of the constitution respects values the human life of its citizen. thats why , our law calls for 6 months imprisonment, for those who attempt suicide.

that doesnt mean, one is also given the power to hijack the democracy by keeping ones life on bet, just because he is popular and commands support. If so, why not Baba Ramdev or Anna Hazare, use their charisma and mass support , to win an election and enact a law to which gives death sentence to all those who are corrupt.

Baba Ramdev demanding death sentence to those corrupt officials ( im adding bribe givers here), is nothing but foolish and barbaric. lets do an introspections. all of us, at one point of time in our life, we would have bribed the officials, unknowing. paid bribes to train conductor for a berth, to pay our house/land taxes, get birth certificates for our new born child. should we all be send to noose?

here comes the difference between the thoughts of democracy and an individual. parliamentarians, be it BJP or cong wont enact such laws, cos the MP's, who are answerable to the people, wont think that way, unlike Baba who is not accountable for any one, not even for his well amazed wealth worth a BN $.

as a true admirer and a citizen of the worlds largest democracy, i will not encourage Baba Ramdev.

if not, tomorrow, rajnikant can call for 10,000 fans, and mesmerize them to join a fast and even make them to sip the cup of voluntary death, for a condition asking Hon.CM.Jayalalitha to step down. Will that be an acceptable norm under democracy?

lets not allow, any one to hijack our worlds largest & successful democracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
People are repeatedly brandishing Ramdev's supposed billions of $. If and when any law is enacted or amended to curb the black money, Ramdev's billions of $s has to be accounted as well. He has, so far, not claimed any immunity for his wealth. So why jump the gun about his billions of dollars and make him ineligible to spearhead the anti-corruption crusade?

Regards,

narayan

People are repeatedly brandishing Ramdev's supposed billions of $. If and when any law is enacted or amended to curb the black money, Ramdev's billions of $s has to be accounted as well. He has, so far, not claimed any immunity for his wealth. So why jump the gun about his billions of dollars and make him ineligible to spearhead the anti-corruption crusade?

Regards,

narayan

may be, congress would try to project the asset of Baba Ramdev as ill gotten one and may send IT raids. cong (i) had already exposed the unaccounted donations anna hazare got for his campaign.

im not worried about his quickly amazed wealth. my point is, let Baba Ramdev or Anna Haze not black mail our democratic setup, which was long cherished and admired globally for the last 50 years.

if they feel this govt is doing wrong, let them start a new party and garner votes, or join BJP and make it win , in the next LS election.

The "Yogi", the Law and the Prime Minister

1. I have been intrigued by Yogi Ramdev and want to know who he is and what's he up to... and I watched some of the video clips of last Sat/Sun mayhem at the Ramlila Ground:

As soon as he saw the uniformed police men, the Yogi started running away from them! I was wondering, if he is a law abiding citizen why is he running away from the cops like a fugitive, a thief or a criminal? Even ordinary people will not do this.. a self-proclaimed "Yogi" running away from the Officers of Law!

He mingled with women and was walking away under a woman's cloth stealthily... Why? As a leader of a "movement", why didn't he walk towards the cops and asked what was the problem, like any normal human being will do?

Because he had a bad conscience - he has broken a promise, a law or something very special... I surmise.

2. The Prime Minister who has the humongous responsibility of saving and protecting his people has said "Honestly, there was no alternative (to removing Ramdev from the Ramlila Grounds)"

Maybe, the Delhi police has learnt that Ramdev's business or political enemies or just thugs tried to harm him and his followers...

Maybe, the Mega Tent posed serious public safety problem like fire from electrical malfunction. Or hundred other reasons.

The final effect is Ramdev is protected and he is in his Ashram spewing venom against the PM, who just did his Job.

3. Ramdev appears to be the Puppet of a Gang of Puppet Masters like BJP, RSS and VHP... He talks and breaths like a cheap dirty politician.

Therefore, is he really a "Yogi"? Has he earned the respect of thousands of unsuspecting innocent people?

Wait & watch.

p.s. If Ramdev is a serious reformer and wants to eliminate Black Money, a) First he must open his books for auditing and he must upload all his finances on the NET b) Bring the Opposition and Ruling Parties together in good faith to pass legislations to solve the menace ASAP...

Last edited:
The "Yogi", the Law and the Prime Minister

1. I have been intrigued by Yogi Ramdev and want to know who he is and what's he up to... and I watched some of the video clips of last Sat/Sun mayhem at the Ramlila Ground:

As soon as he saw the uniformed police men, the Yogi started running away from them! I was wondering, if he is a law abiding citizen why is he running away from the cops like a fugitive, a thief or a criminal? Even ordinary people will not do this.. a self-proclaimed "Yogi" running away from the Officers of Law!

He mingled with women and was walking away under a woman's cloth stealthily... Why? As a leader of a "movement", why didn't he walk towards the cops and asked what was the problem, like any normal human being will do?

Because he had a bad conscience - he has broken a promise, a law or something very special... I surmise.

2. The Prime Minister who has the humongous responsibility of saving and protecting his people has said "Honestly, there was no alternative (to removing Ramdev from the Ramlila Grounds)"

Maybe, the Delhi police has learnt that Ramdev's business or political enemies or just thugs tried to harm him and his followers...

Maybe, the Mega Tent posed serious public safety problem like fire from electrical malfunction. Or hundred other reasons.

The final effect is Ramdev is protected and he is in his Ashram spewing venom against the PM, who just did his Job.

3. Ramdev appears to be the Puppet of a Gang of Puppet Masters like BJP, RSS and VHP... He talks and breaths like a cheap dirty politician.

Therefore, is he really a "Yogi"? Has he earned the respect of thousands of unsuspecting innocent people?

Wait & watch.

p.s. If Ramdev is a serious reformer and wants to eliminate Black Money, a) First he must open his books for auditing and he must upload all his finances on the NET b) Bring the Opposition and Ruling Parties together in good faith to pass legislations to solve the menace ASAP...

Yamaka...

You keep a fast we all will support you..don't worry.

Yamaka...

You keep a fast we all will support you..don't worry.

How does one "support" a fasting person? Perhaps, by volunteering to tell the faster, "Look here friend, don't worry about the food going waste because you are not eating. I will "help" you by finishing off your food also, in addition to mine. What for are we here if we cannot extent even this simple help to you?" ;) :)

How does one "support" a fasting person? Perhaps, by volunteering to tell the faster, "Look here friend, don't worry about the food going waste because you are not eating. I will "help" you by finishing off your food also, in addition to mine. What for are we here if we cannot extent even this simple help to you?" ;) :)

No sir..not like that...we sit back to back with him to prop him up if he feels faint.
Then we can tell him..I am always behind you.

had this fasting blackmail happened 75 years ago, no one would have bothered. Thanks to democracy, by which every line of the constitution respects values the human life of its citizen. thats why , our law calls for 6 months imprisonment, for those who attempt suicide.

that doesnt mean, one is also given the power to hijack the democracy by keeping ones life on bet, just because he is popular and commands support. If so, why not Baba Ramdev or Anna Hazare, use their charisma and mass support , to win an election and enact a law to which gives death sentence to all those who are corrupt.

Baba Ramdev demanding death sentence to those corrupt officials ( im adding bribe givers here), is nothing but foolish and barbaric. lets do an introspections. all of us, at one point of time in our life, we would have bribed the officials, unknowing. paid bribes to train conductor for a berth, to pay our house/land taxes, get birth certificates for our new born child. should we all be send to noose?

here comes the difference between the thoughts of democracy and an individual. parliamentarians, be it BJP or cong wont enact such laws, cos the MP's, who are answerable to the people, wont think that way, unlike Baba who is not accountable for any one, not even for his well amazed wealth worth a BN $.

as a true admirer and a citizen of the worlds largest democracy, i will not encourage Baba Ramdev.

if not, tomorrow, rajjnikant can call for 10,000 fans, and mesmerize them to join a fast and even make them to sip the cup of voluntary death, for a condition asking Hon.CM.Jayalalitha to step down. Will that be an acceptable norm under democracy?

lets not allow, any one to hijack our worlds largest & successful democracy.

Dear Sri Shiv,

The points raised by you are very relevant. I do support the cause for which Shri Anna Hazare and Yogi Ram Dev have taken up to agitate. But I do not agree with the methods that they have adopted to achieve their goal.

With all the faults, we are still a functional democracy, with duly elected representatives to discharge constitutional obligations. Citizens of the Country get enough opportunity to voice, agitate and express their opinions peacefully, within the constitutional frame work. Bit it should be understood that no one has the right to dictate any legislation to be passed by Parliament. That is the duty of elected representatives. The so called "civil society" activists have no legal stature to dictate terms to the elected Government. Of course, they can suggest their views for drafting any Bill. Many times the Parliament itself calls for such opinions on many issues. It is strange these self selected people sit at par with the Cabinet Ministers to dictate the clauses to be included in an important Bill to be passed by the Parliament! We are not living in the days of French Revolution.

If the elected Government falls for the diktats of so called "civil society" by its own folly, I am afraid, time is not far of, that "mobocracy" will take over the functions of elected Parliament one by one. Instead the UPA Government in power should wake up to reality and hasten up cleaning their Government from the clutches Corrupt people, what ever post they occupy.

As you have rightly said let every person of this land should see that no one is allowed to hijack our largest functional democracy in the world. The ruling combine, opposition parties and public at large have their responsibility in safe guarding our precious Democracy and Constitution.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Yogi Ramdev has thrown a bombshell at the UPA Gov't: He wants to form a Militia (Sena) to fight the police if the Ramlila incident happens again. A worst idea for a Social Reformer.

He has lost about 5 kg after 5 days of fasting, and he is growing militant day by day.

Home Minister P. Chidambaram has a serious headache waiting for him!

Ramdev's Aide Balakrishna has said that he will upload their Finance on the internet very soon... Good decision.

Wait & watch.

This Acharya need not have entered into another controversy by such unwarranted comments on another Hindu Yogi, while occupying the holy seat in Kanchi.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

I agree with you.. If Acharya had different opinions he should have conveyed his thoughts directly to Baba Ramdev may be in a private meeting and also advise him if needed.
We Hindus should not wash dirty linen in public when it deals with our fellow Hindus esp in this case.

Yogi Ramdev has thrown a bombshell at the UPA Gov't: He wants to form a Militia (Sena) to fight the police if the Ramlila incident happens again. A worst idea for a Social Reformer.

He has lost about 5 kg after 5 days of fasting, and he is growing militant day by day.

Home Minister P. Chidambaram has a serious headache waiting for him!

Ramdev's Aide Balakrishna has said that he will upload their Finance on the internet very soon... Good decision.

Wait & watch.

கிணறு வெட்ட பூதம் கிளம்பிடுத்தோ

Brahmanyan: This Acharya need not have entered into another controversy by such unwarranted comments on another Hindu Yogi, while occupying the holy seat in Kanchi.

This is NOT the first time - may be not the last time too - that Kanchi Aacharya speaks out of turn and unwarrantedly. There is a difference between ordinary people (say, like me) giving an opinion, that too in an exclusive Forum like this and renowned personalities like the Aacharya speaking out to journalists, whose job it is to fish in troubled waters, especially in a country like ours where 'blind following' is a fad!

so you dont like Acharyals speaking to journo's but you seems to be ok with Baba Ramdev's media stunt.

so you dont like Acharyals speaking to journo's but you seems to be ok with Baba Ramdev's media stunt.

No, Shri ShivKC, I don't know on what basis you have arrived at this conclusion of yours. What I have written can equally apply to Bab Ramdev too, though he is not a religious preceptor in the same calibre as of Kanchi Aacharya. I am sure that you are aware that there are a large number of Tamils who venerate Kanchi Aacharya and his words carrry a lot of weightage to them. Hence my words of concern.

Baba Ramdev maybe some sort of a maverick personality but the cause he has espoused is indeed a noble one. The shameful act of the Congress in setting up Baba Ramdev to neutralize Anna Hazare is no more a secret. So they tried to make him feel big by even attending on him at the airport when he arrived through four top cabinet ministers, wrangled out some sort of agreement with him in the negotiations stage and swooped down upon him at midnight to bundle him away to Haridwar. Media Stunt all this perhaps, but it was a bungled game of players who have no qualms to dirty their hands. Hence my words of caution against Kanchi Aacharya getting into the brawl.

The point of contention in Baba Ramdev's activism in question is not a religion-related matter. Had Kanchi Aacharya not registered his opinion on a non-religious issue no one could have blamed him. But by his comments now he has drawn attention towards himself in this issue, wittily or unwittily. Was it necessary?

No, Shri ShivKC, I don't know on what basis you have arrived at this conclusion of yours. What I have written can equally apply to Bab Ramdev too, though he is not a religious preceptor in the same calibre as of Kanchi Aacharya. I am sure that you are aware that there are a large number of Tamils who venerate Kanchi Aacharya and his words carrry a lot of weightage to them. Hence my words of concern.

Baba Ramdev maybe some sort of a maverick personality but the cause he has espoused is indeed a noble one. The shameful act of the Congress in setting up Baba Ramdev to neutralize Anna Hazare is no more a secret. So they tried to make him feel big by even attending on him at the airport when he arrived through four top cabinet ministers, wrangled out some sort of agreement with him in the negotiations stage and swooped down upon him at midnight to bundle him away to Haridwar. Media Stunt all this perhaps, but it was a bungled game of players who have no qualms to dirty their hands. Hence my words of caution against Kanchi Aacharya getting into the brawl.

The point of contention in Baba Ramdev's activism in question is not a religion-related matter. Had Kanchi Aacharya not registered his opinion on a non-religious issue no one could have blamed him. But by his comments now he has drawn attention towards himself in this issue, wittily or unwittily. Was it necessary?

Dear Sri CLN,

Kanchi Acharya could have limited his comments on the issue of "corruption and black money", if he has different view. But he could have avoided his comments on another Acharya Baba Ramdev and a Social Activist Anna Hazare, that too after attending a RSS function in Nagpur. He should have known better about the media hawks who thrive on creating controversies. I wish this Acharya continues to live up to the standards set by his Guru, which will gladden the hearts of thousands of followers of the Kanchi Mutt.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest ads

Back