• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Retirement Villages/Communities - Pros and Cons

• Thread starter Thread starter sankara_sharmah
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank You. sangom.

My case is a bit peculiar to say the least. Even when I was working we were searching for a place to settle down. We were impressed by Uttar Kashi in Uttarakand. The idea was to buy a plot there and later construct a house. But we had to give up Uttar Kashi because of the severe winter and difficult access. My children wanted us to stay some place where they can reach us in a single flight. The next alternative chosen was Kangra Valley in Himachal Pradesh. There is a place called Siddhabadi where there is a Chinmaya mission. Swami Chinmayananda's samadhi is at that place. It is a fabulous place and some people had already constructed house near the ashram. But a visit there revealed that Chinmaya mission followers have taken a path different from our path. Even then we would have settled in Chamunda near the same place. Again the difficulty of reaching the place made us give up the idea.

In the meanwhile we were searching for asramams where we could settle down. A place where you could pursue your Upasana and also interact with people with the same kind of attitude. There are many ashrams like that both here and in U.S. Did a lot of searching along with a friend from U.S. We could not locate a suitable ashramam. Then we also came to know about politics in many of the Ashramams.

So we were in a limbo so to say. We decide to move to a place where the community would understand our religious practices and also where the climate is better than Chennai where we were living then.

I quit my job because I wanted to do what pleased me rather than do what others wanted me to do. In addition I was being forced to take decisions which were basically against what I believed in.

We have moved to a place where we have settled down for more than 10 years now. Mu Guru who was in Tamil Nadu also attained Maha Samadhi and the only reason for continuing our stay in Tamil Nadu disappeared. I have recently cut off my only existing connection to Tamil Nadu by disposing of my properties there.

We are still searching to find the ideal place.
hi sir,
i agreed with u....generally any SC homes run by some mutts/charitable institutions....whether free or paid cottages....every

where some kind of rigid practices there.....some kind of politics there.....i dont think even we go to badrinath/kedar nath

beyond mount kailash....those many agaraharams were nice for us...not any more...i heard some agraharams near

tamraparni river/tirunelveli distt....when i was young abt 15 yrs old...i visited a small agraharam abt 10 brahmin houses

in the middle of paddy fields in tanjore distt between mayavaram and poonpuhar...nice iyer agraharam with a small

ganapathi temple...i still remember those days in my school summer vacation....the days are gone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back