• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sachin Tendulkar and Hero Worship

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ref. post 22: It is the Indian Health Minister who voiced against Gay marriages. So, if you propose me to the post of a Ministership for my opposition to Gay marriages, then it should be Health Minister post and not HRD post. And having only male deputies would not be interesting. If I take up the post of Health Minister, I am sure I can have a doctor as my Deputy (I am not responsible if anyone reads between the lines here)

Reg. Post 26: Dr.Barani sir, mentioning about Sachin in your post no.2, you remarked, "For him, honesty was more important than anything else. That is the kind of person who should lead the country". So, why not me? You can see that I am asking for Telecom Ministry. That must give you an indication of my plans regarding (my) honesty once I occupy a position of political power.

I play games (someone said, "Big boys play at night").
I sing (in bathroom)
I am an artist (show different face to different people)
I am an Indian citizen
I am honest (otherwise I would not have admitted what I have mentioned above)

Any one to propose me to the post of PM or President? (at least to the position of Telecom Minister in the Union cabinet?)
Dear Siva dont take telecom its dangerous Raja has just now said he was just following 92 policy so every telecom minister shd get jail.

Ref. post 22: It is the Indian Health Minister who voiced against Gay marriages. So, if you propose me to the post of a Ministership for my opposition to Gay marriages, then it should be Health Minister post and not HRD post. And having only male deputies would not be interesting. If I take up the post of Health Minister, I am sure I can have a doctor as my Deputy (I am not responsible if anyone reads between the lines here)

Reg. Post 26: Dr.Barani sir, mentioning about Sachin in your post no.2, you remarked, "For him, honesty was more important than anything else. That is the kind of person who should lead the country". So, why not me? You can see that I am asking for Telecom Ministry. That must give you an indication of my plans regarding (my) honesty once I occupy a position of political power.

Dear Haridas,

Are you looking for medical doctor or a Phd ?Cos I was thinking to nominate Dr Barani for President.So Phd doctor is already taken.

A follow-up question: Let us for the sake of argument give Sachin the Bharat Ratna, after all he is the highest scorer in test cricket.

Now what do we feel about a Bharat Ratna selling toothpaste in TV commercials?
A very good question. But I think there are some rules or protocol or ethics to be followed by the awardees. Like it is with Miss World, Miss Universe pageants. Sachin or Anand can daily brush their teeth but should not show that to public.

Sir,
I may be wrong in my perception or I may be out-dated. I feel that this highest
award must go to those who have significantly contributed to the welfare of the
down-trodden people , erstwhile freedom-fighters who sacrifced
their lives (posthumously ) and who have made a mark in Science, Maths,
philosophy .

Sir,
philosophy .
MS Subhalakshmi, Lata Mangeshkar and Dr Kane do not fall in this category. Bharat Ratna means an Indian of extraordinary or outstanding qualities or talent.

Dear Haridas,

Are you looking for medical doctor or a Phd ?Cos I was thinking to nominate Dr Barani for President.So Phd doctor is already taken.

Being a Health Minister, it would be useful to have a medical doctor as my deputy. Thanks for taking out Dr.Barani. I can not have a Deputy who is smarter than me!

By the way, you first made me, Ravi and Sravna 'Dostanaa' and now you want to make us 'Trimurthi' in Human Resources Ministry. If we three go away that way, this forum would miss lot of fun and action. So, we would stick to where we are "in public interest"!:frog:

Brahin: I asked for Telecom Ministry exactly for that reason. You can loot and then shift the blame to someone else. You can also figure in world magazine!

Being a Health Minister, it would be useful to have a medical doctor as my deputy. Thanks for taking out Dr.Barani. I can not have a Deputy who is smarter than me!

By the way, you first made me, Ravi and Sravna 'Dostanaa' and now you want to make us 'Trimurthi' in Human Resources Ministry. If we three go away that way, this forum would miss lot of fun and action. So, we would stick to where we are "in public interest"!:frog:

Brahin: I asked for Telecom Ministry exactly for that reason. You can loot and then shift the blame to someone else. You can also figure in world magazine!

Yup I agree Dr. Barani is very inteligent and BTW when you said that you dont want a deputy to be smarter than you that means you one one who is "less smart" or "equi smart" ?

Haridas when you ,Sravna and Ravi take office you guys will have more time in Forum cos which politician does any work?

Yup I agree Dr. Barani is very inteligent

Oh no! I am no where near where someone can label me "intelligent". I know some basic science (occupational hazard) and a wee bit on economics (consequence of wasting time in USA). Beyond that, I am an ordinary guy at the next door with complete lack of street smartness. I have been a real dumb{insert 3 more letters here} much of life, trusting people around and losing money and career. Just to give you an example, there are people I used to recommend, are now big profs in big schools, and I ended up at home. Naive dedication to science and work doesn't take you up the ladder. It is how you play politics that pushes you up.

Ok, enough about me. Let me know if you are all planning some "fruitcake weddings", I can bring a camera and shoot the historic moments of your life!

Sri Ayyarooran,
Sir, I wanted to add literature, art and music, but i had to attend a phone call and so left my
message incomplete. Sorry. What I meant was value-judgement.

Prof. Kane was staying in Girgaum in BOMBAY when he was vice-chancellor of Bombay university
and he used to walk to the University and never used the car provided by the university. I know
the family sir.

Sir,
philosophy .

Then the Bharat Rana should go to Rajnikant he is all in one. Or should we nominate Rajnikanth for President as he is one in all. There will be no disagreements then.

"Panni than Kuttama varum. Singham Single than varum" or "Baba Counting Starts".

Thank
Sri Ayyarooran,
Sir, I wanted to add literature, art and music, but i had to attend a phone call and so left my
message incomplete. Sorry. What I meant was value-judgement.

Prof. Kane was staying in Girgaum in BOMBAY when he was vice-chancellor of Bombay university
and he used to walk to the University and never used the car provided by the university. I know
the family sir.
Thank you Sir. I am not sure but Dr Kane was awarded for his erudite scholarship in Sanskrit. Let me add in a lighter vein. Simplicity was a pride in those days and the opposite is true these days. Moreover, if you attempt to walk in Mumbai now, there is every chance that you will be run over.

Then the Bharat Rana should go to Rajnikant he is all in one. Or should we nominate Rajnikanth for President as he is one in all. There will be no disagreements then.

"Panni than Kuttama varum. Singham Single than varum" or "Baba Counting Starts".

Friend,
I will not be surprised at all, if he gets it, for, MGR got it, thanks to the then
impending elections in TN.

In the lands of gods and god-men you are nobody unless you claim to be one or are made one. So it appears with Sachin Tendulkar who seems to be a relatively modest person with certain extra-ordinary abilities.

The question is how or why has he achieved demi-god status? In the current Test cricket series, more people seemed concerned with his record-breaking possibilities than with India's miserable defeat. Surely he is a very good player, but is he one of the greatest ever? Is he on par with Bradman or even Kapil Dev? Has he stared down the enemy time-after-time with only a mediocre team by his side and made it to the other side by sheer strength of spirit?

On a more general note, are we just a hopeless nation of hero worshippers? I was explaining to my son that the only famous people were sportsmen and film celebrities. Then I felt kind of sad, that that was the case.

Shri Vengsarkar's brother was my colleague and I could glean very discreetly from his talks that for a long time there has been a Maharashtrian Brahmin lobby or caucus in Indian cricket. And if Sachin now gets Bharat Ratna or becomes the next President of India, we need not be surprised because, beneath his simple exterior, Sachin is an extremely capable and efficient lobbyist and has probably amassed as much money as Satya Sai Baba did! And all TBs who wear the chauvinist flag should be proud of a brahmin's achievement, though, sadly, they may not be able to exult saying "the first cricketer to get Bharat Ratna is a TB".

Last edited:
I am afraid Sangam sir you are a bit confused. The topic is not TBs v/s Bharat Ratna. Vengsarkar or Gavaskar were cricketers of their own style and yet the green-eyed monster might have cast a spell on them. Will somebody lobby for Iyyarooraan to get him Bharat Ratna?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest ads

Back