• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

simplify and cheapen the last rites

Genuinely

Time has come for our community to simplify and cheapen the last rites. A close relative expired on Monday 7 Oct and the Vadhyar gave an estimate of Rs 1.10L. The family was poor and we had to fund the rites.
Yday, Ratan Tata was cremated, instead of being left to the vultures, Parsi last rites.
We hv to change and cheapen rites for the common man. The rich can anyways, glorify a birth or death.

Ramu...Mumbai
11 Oct 24. [email protected]

Time has come for our community to simplify and cheapen the last rites. A close relative expired on Monday 7 Oct and the Vadhyar gave an estimate of Rs 1.10L. The family was poor and we had to fund the rites.
Yday, Ratan Tata was cremated, instead of being left to the vultures, Parsi last rites.
We hv to change and cheapen rites for the common man. The rich can anyways, glorify a birth or death.

Ramu...Mumbai
11 Oct 24. [email protected]
hi
i agreed.....our matams can provide some suggestions/help for common poor people last rites....

Why not people learn how to do the rites themselves?
So they can cut down the need to be overdependant on a priest.
hi
we have conservative and liberal brahmins in our community....so we have to depend on priest

only....antheshti/final rituals can't do themselves...even in USA....all final rituals has to depend on priest only..

just info ..i am attending final ritual in USA with the help of hindu priest.....priest community has to help

poor people with some considerations...this is my request...i have paid huge amount for my mother's last

rites and first year shradhaa in chennai.....i know the pain of kartha very well....even i want to simplify and

affordable for everyone.....big rich people case okay....not for poor .....

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back