• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Great Media Dance

Status
Not open for further replies.
re

anand,
Brilliantly put. I actually pity Hindusim. Probably the only religion which has to battle evangelising Christians, Jihadi Muslims, the secular brigade, atheists and agnostics (only those who constantly poke fun at Hinduism and its icons). Today I read a report about Germany criticizing the Vatican because of its policy of papal secrecy on the ever increasing sexual scandals in the Catholic Church. It was a very small news item in Gulf News here. Contrary, a few days back there was almost a full page report on sexual scandals of Hindu gurus and the ashram where
people got killed in a stampede. GN had the temerity to run an editorial saying shame on India as a democracy for having allowed Hussain to get Qatari citizenship. The same newspaper was running pages criticizing the PBUH Danish cartoon episode at that time. So much for fairness.
Well pity is a good place to start and help,it does miracles in peoples life.

Gulf News is protecting its faith of allah only,not bothered about hindus lifes,they arabs think,indians are taking away their jobs but will continue to be lazy clods,and dont have the guts to go against the sheiks,who have amassed petro-dollars,which is making the west dominated by christians,totally JEALOUS!!the sheiks also dont know how to make arabs productive in their lives,as we see osama bin laden a saudi royal a former cia agent,a former islamic follower of prohet,has become rogue and killing fellow islamics all over the world.

we all know,its becoz german christians mis-used the swastika,the aryan race or caucasian race,were almost obliterated in ww2 by jesus christ.now if again hindus are messed around,this round of ww3,allah will obliterate middle east asia!!!!!to protect hindus,his home of origin,namely India now.

nachi naga.

pver,
Husain wanted to return to India. He even apologized to those who might have been offended by his paintings. But the apology was never accepted, the hounding never stopped, the threat persisted.
all mfh had to do was paint bharth matha in a different way to promote goodwill amongst hindus and muslim.but he chooses to stick to his artificial art as freedom.allah will not give asylum to him either therefore the sheik of qatar has invoked a wrath on him and his people,by letting a kafir of allah an infidel of the demons,to reside in his/her country.allahs wrath soon will be witnessed,already pakistan,afghanistan,indonesia,iraq,iran...etc are feeling the heat....so be it allah will burn the unfaithful.glory to sanathana dharma,jai hind.

nachi naga.

....Thanks for the reply. Brahminism was over powered by Buddism before 3rd century, so can we call this as essentially "The return of Brahminism...". So the spreading the religion by sword, can we say, ironically started from Buddism (3rd Century BC.. approx.).

Alright, let it be, it still does not take away anything from my point that tolerance is not an inherent trait of Hinduism.

On an earlier occasion I gave some textual evidence for the instances I have cited. Do you have any evidence to show that Buddism displaced Brahminism by force?

Cheers!

Dear Prof Nara Ji,

Alright, let it be, it still does not take away anything from my point that tolerance is not an inherent trait of Hinduism.
Do you have any evidence to show that Buddism displaced Brahminism by force?

Cheers!

Sir, I was taught that, the Maurya King Ashoka, who not only converted himself but took great effort after Kalinga War to spread Buddhism every where. When a king send his missionaries to far away land, how he would have left his own Kudi Makkal. I now take the help of wiki on Buddhism.

I thought , he took this effort because he detested the brahminism. But in his 18 edicts in more than one he mentioned to take care of Brahmanas.

If Buddhism replaced Brahminism naturally and mildly, there is no way 'Braminism could return back. Because so much plus points were loaded in Buddhism as for as social justice is concerned.

But Brahminism returned and flourished under Gupta Dynasty (after few centuries) (the golden age), who did not try to annihilate Buddhism, but there are wikis stating that he and the subsequent Hindu kings patronised buddhism also.

Mr Fa Xien - A buddhist chinese traveller who visited India during this period, was satisfied the country was ruled and recorded that the Gupta Empire was a prosperous period.
Is it not a answer that Brahminism reacts and not acts as for as intolerance is concerned.

Regards

Dear Professor Nara Ji,

Again, sorry for the tardy response on my part. For the last two weeks I have been struggling to keep my PC alive and even the major computer firm I work for is at a loss to bring me up on stream, as I have been attacked by a malware.

Fair enough. I think that Hinduism vis-a-vis Buddhism and Jainism did not follow the true path in India. But then, I am not sure that the waning of those religions were mainly due to some Hindu violence against them.

But what I know is this. Many other religions, while professing universal love(Christiandom) or brotherly love (Umma) have only been used by their followers to expand their memberships by compulsion or by inducement. Violence was the order of the day.

I see India, and I see all the major religions represented, including the Farsi one. and the oldest Jewish one. I see the 'Moplahs' (borrowed from 'Mappilais') who were accepted long ago. I see Christianity being absorbed in to the local culture.

All this, because of the acceptance of Hinduism at the highest level philosophically of other faiths.

Violence in India against other faiths is miniscule compared to the havoc of killings practiced by the other major religions that went against the preachings of their founders.

But the problem with our religion is simple. It carries the single most shame for us - our silent violence was towards our own kind, in the name of caste. It was not a deliberate violence, but in essence ended up being so.

Sometimes, the greatest evils on earth are performed in the name of God. We are no exception, but I would like to point out, with some pride, that we the Hindus, are not in no way responsible for anything close to any holocaust.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Shri KRS, Greetings!

I will savor our brief moment of agreement. But, alas, it is a brief moment, for I have to take issue with the claim Hinduism is inherently tolerant.

Here is one dictionary definition of tolerance:
a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.
Over the centuries, Hindus only had contempt for non-vedic religions. Outsiders were mlecchas, worse than Candala. Contempt is not tolerance.

The Vedic religion replaced non-vedic religion in India not through the might of the pen alone, but by the might of the sword. Many a Budda Vihars and Jaina temples were changed over to Hindu temples by the blade. There is evidence to indicate that the grand ole Thiruppati Thirumalai temple was originally a Jain temple.

Further down, during the Bhakthi movement there was acute intolerance between the Saivas and Vaishnavas. Sword was put to good use.

During the golden age of Chola empire of Raja Raja and Rajendra, their version of Hinduism was spread around East Asia by the sword.

Finally, the varna/caste system an integral part of Hinduism, is an intolerant system.

Tolerance comes from wisdom, not religion. There are tolerant people from every religion.

Cheers!

I see India, and I see all the major religions represented, including the Farsi one. and the oldest Jewish one. I see the 'Moplahs' (borrowed from 'Mappilais') who were accepted long ago. I see Christianity being absorbed in to the local culture.

Dear KRS, we do have common ground now, as a nation, whatever may be the reason, live and let live was practiced so long as there was no serious threat to the prevailing social and political order. This gave space for minorities such as Jews, Parsis, and early Christians to pursue their lives peacefully.

But, in the modern times, propelled by a vision of lost grandeur and manufactured discontent, hindutva forces are sowing seeds of hate and division. Their rhetoric mirrors that of Pat Robertson and his ilk. Given Indian conditions, masses are much more easily whipped up into a frenzy with unpredictable and tragic consequences.

regards....

Interceptor missile

ccording to Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) officials, there was no technical snag or malfunctioning.

Delay in assembly

The test had to be postponed due to delay in assembly and operation of the one of the sub-systems.
Link: The Hindu : Front Page : Interceptor missile test postponed

News Paper 2
"Coordinated exercise between target missile Prithvi from Chandipur and the indigenously built interceptor from Wheeler Island could not take place properly during the planned trial," defence sources said.

Though Prithvi - the target missile - was test-fired at 10.02 hrs from a mobile launcher from ITR's launch complex-3 at Chandipur-on-sea, 15 km from here, the interceptor missile failed to blast off, they said.
Link: New interceptor missile fails to take off - India - The Times of India

Paper 3
A medium-range and nuclear-capable Prithvi II surface-to-surface missile was fired from a test site in the eastern state of Orissa, but the interceptor missile failed to take off due to a technical snag, the official said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk to reporters
Link: India's missile interceptor test fails | The Jakarta Post
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back