• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Why Do Indian Women Wear Toe Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
well, many men wear gold chains on their hairy chest, single ear rings to make a fashion

statement,also wear kada which serve as bottle opener.

they might try toe rings if girls indicate their preferances for this item . why not?

Dear PSN Sir,

Age is after all only a number. As long as we are interested in learning something new - of course good - we are young!

And.......... music keeps us young! :cool:

specially carnatic music.

my close relative a male aged 55 yrs treated me to a tyagaraja kirthana after a couple of pegs of

high class

liquor. he had been feeling no one was appreciating his hidden talent all his life including his wife.

when egged on by me he sang for fifteen minutes with his wife feeling horrified.lol

I am thoroughly dazed without knowing who amonst you is a singing ghost and who a golusu ghost and who a sick ghost. I am very much afraid of ghosts.

PSN Ji,

It is very easy to identify the SICK Ghost.

While others know their limits this Ghost tend to cross the limit, will be caught red handed, finally cry foul.

This Ghost has every liberty to comment on the postings, I mean the contents and has got every liberty to express his opinion either agreeing or disagreeing.

But this Sick Ghost used to overstep his rights and has now commented the other Member has Dr.

One cannot address a non-Doctor as a Doctor which amounts teasing in other words.

This SICK GHOST is slowly getting into the habit of teasing others under the pretext of sense of humor but fails to realise the seriousness of such silly acts.

Hope this Sick Ghost will maintain the decency and decorum of the Forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Recently I posted the full scene in another thread. Here is a part of it to show that men were wearing toe rings in olden days!

Thirumangai Alwar

Details from Wiki:

According to the traditional account, he married Kumudavalli, a Vaishnava doctor's adopted daughter at a place Thiruvellakkulam

(also known as Annan Kovil)and became a Vaishnava, devotee of the Hindu god Vishnu, under her influence. The temple-god of

Thirunaraiyur (Naraiyur Nindra Nambi) – a form of Vishnu – is believed to have initiated Thirumangai into Vaishnavism, by teaching

him the pancha samskara. Kumudavalli also got him to promise that he would feed a 1008 Vaishnavas every day for a year. Unable

to bear the heavy expense of feeding a thousand people, Thirumangai resorted to highway robbery. One day, Thirumangai tried to

remove rings from the toes of a bridegroom but could not do so. Then he realised the bridegroom was none other than the Supreme

God Vishnu himself. Narayana revealed himself to Kaliyan and transformed him by teaching the Narayana mantra orAshtaksara (the

eight syllabled) – "namo narayanaya", turning the robber into a saint and starts singing the first verse of Peria Thirumozhi.

Afterall we are all members of the same forum. Why should we find fault with one another even for simple matter. But some members are really rough and tough . Jokularly as Mr krish said the day is not far away when girls may prefer or demand the boys wear nose rings and golusu for a change. This is kaliyuga.

psnsir
thank you
there are not many like you in this forum with your broad mind and good heart

we have to forgive youngsters who are rude and ignore their posts

as you say it is kaliyuga. we have to put up with all kind of people

These images in the following link are to scare P S N Sir! :fear:

Images for nose ring of males

And one of the scary ones is this:

big-nose-ring.jpg

Courtesy: The link given above! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.