• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A Tam Barm in delhi

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOKIA is for Janatha (Aam Aadmi) like us!
Surely you can go for a fancy phone dear!
The one which lets you do EVERYTHING FREE
except TALK to people! :rolleyes:

Dear VR Ji,

You dont know me..I have a real problem when it comes to spending money..I find it hard to spend on expensive stuff.
I always prefer medium cost stuff..they last longer and repair cost less too.

Hi Arun,

Why don't you start posting your blogs in the literature section. Many of us are toooo lazy to browse and read blogs.

Starting a new thread will help you to get more views from the forum members. Just a suggestion.

FYI, since you are new to this forum.... Smt. VR is my elder sister.

Best wishes,
Smt. Raji Ram :)

Hello Ms.Raji,

nice to know you, noted your suggetion.

Dear Arun,

Welcome to the forum and read the story completely. Instead of 1964, if I change the year to 1979 then it is my story to Mumbai - of course in 1979 I travelled as Bachelor.

Keep writing and may be you may post some of the articles directly in the forum.

Rgs

Venkat

Thanks venkat for connecting....... its a story of a migrants and lot is common to people who move out, my intent of posting it here was also only for the reason that a primarily its about a tamil family and b) it the story of millions who go out for thier work, only that in years of yore, the culture shock used to be that much more disorienting.

My family moved out of Tamil nadu is 1900, and my wife's family moved out in 1910. Both of us never lived in Tamil Nadu, but our mother tongue is Tamil-hindi-english.
We moved out of India in 1970's.

When I went to Engineering school my registrar made me change my domicile state to Madras, I was mad as hell and protested. My brother took me out side and told me to choose between admission or domicile state. I agreed.

Dear VR Ji,

You dont know me..I have a real problem when it comes to spending money..I find it hard to spend on expensive stuff.
Hope you dont use the same discretion while making decisions on syringes. They shouldnt last longer after use :)
I only visit doctors who use similar brand dresses and gadgets :)

Hope you dont use the same discretion while making decisions on syringes. They shouldnt last longer after use :)

Hey no yaar..I use disposable Terumo Syringes ..they are one of the best here..costs more but excellent.
Patients do not even feel any pain while being injected and my dear we have strict laws for disposing used needles and syringes.

BTW ozone..how do you know what gadgets your doctor's use?
Are you so personal with them?

Dear VR Ji,

Isn't that what a spouse is for? :D

Thanks venkat for connecting....... its a story of a migrants and lot is common to people who move out, my intent of posting it here was also only for the reason that a primarily its about a tamil family and b) it the story of millions who go out for thier work, only that in years of yore, the culture shock used to be that much more disorienting.
hi arun,
i moved to delhi in 80s.....my in laws moved to karol bagh in 1950s.......a long years of MADRASI life in delhi....very familiar
from south delhi to east delhi.....starting with south delhi ...studied in north delhi.....some part of life in west delhi....finally ended up in east delhi.....beyond yamuna river.....from malai mandir to uttara guruvayurappan temple.... a long jouney....

hi arun,
i moved to delhi in 80s.....my in laws moved to karol bagh in 1950s.......a long years of MADRASI life in delhi....very familiar
from south delhi to east delhi.....starting with south delhi ...studied in north delhi.....some part of life in west delhi....finally ended up in east delhi.....beyond yamuna river.....from malai mandir to uttara guruvayurappan temple.... a long jouney....

similar story here, kalkaji, to Janakpuri, to noida to ip extention, to vasundhara to again ip ext...... all stays of 7 years each,,,,,,

BTW ozone..how do you know what gadgets your doctor's use?
Are you so personal with them?[/QUOTE]

OO, need to be personal with the doctors to know about gadgets, !!!!! what sort of gadgets did u have in mind

by the way hi, i am debared from sending messages till i complete 100 posts

similar story here, kalkaji, to Janakpuri, to noida to ip extention, to vasundhara to again ip ext...... all stays of 7 years each,,,,,,
hi arun,
familiar life in tamil brahm....from rk puram to sarojini nagar......from vikaspuri to noida.......life is endless....still tam brahm...

The patient pays for the syringe; it can cost the earth.

I remember the days when the family doctor had a four or five needles in a stainless steel box, selected one (why and how is still a mystery - size?), sterilized by boiling it in water for a couple of minutes) in a mini stove (nice smell of alcohol). No known case of transmitted infection.

......... I remember the days when the family doctor had a four or five needles in a stainless steel box, selected one (why and how is still a mystery - size?), sterilized by boiling it in water for a couple of minutes) in a mini stove (nice smell of alcohol). No known case of transmitted infection.
My father was a medical practitioner in Anaimalai village, in Coimbatore district. His first job every morning was to sterilize

the needles. We loved to watch when he poked the needles in a rubber lid of the penicillin bottle (to prevent dents in the tips)

and boiled them along with a few different sized syringes kept in
eversilver boxes, for about 10 minutes. He had a sauce pan

with lid and a hot plate for that purpose. He also had a spirit lamp in his lab.

He was a gold medalist from the University of Burma and served the military till the world war II. :thumb:

Isn't that what a spouse is for? :D

hey biswa you know if its my own money at least I still can spend some of it but if its someone else's money I find it even more hard to spend cos I start feeling guilty that its someone else's hard earned money and prefer to use my own money.

Dear Arun Kumar,

Welcome to TB. I am also in Delhi. I entered delhi in 80 December. self and friends stayed in Saket (pushp vihar) (ondu kudithanam) in one room apartment. Then to Kanpur, Bhopal back to Delhi from 94 May onwards. Comparing other cities delhi life is somewhat mechanical. Bhopal was a peaceful city with vast roads and slow life. No entertainemnts. We started Tamil Mantram and entertained ourselves. Let me visit your blog and revert to you.

For now Regards
Raaghavan

Hi,
Your posting is great! I have been in North a major part of my career.....Hence I could relate to what you are saying..Very realistic
Regards,
vgane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back