• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Do you read lines or the minds behind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does a mind have boundaries?

But, we can read in between even in this thread, right?

Mind doesn't have boundaries (open-minded), when it encounters a new topic, new post, new member. But, after some-time it forms a opinion, then we read between the thread (not just lines) ;) But, sometimes, mind picks those that challenges or fantazises it.

To all,
But, this thread, I honestly read all your 'valuable' views, I sincerely wanted to know how others see things.

Last edited:
Inability to express one's views may be one thing. But if people want to read above, blow and between the lines and NOT the lines themselves... what can we do?

Opinions are just opinions. The writer of the post himself or herself would get a second opinion on reading one's own again. The crux of the matter is nobody has ever been able to express what he/she wanted to express.

They are called the silent majority (sleeping majority ???)

Others may just want to avoid verbal confrontations.

There are more than these two reasons for the silent majority

for standing at the threshold level.

You will find a lot many people not even being ruffled into responding to what some others would be considering as a hot thread or provocative message. They are mostly pattern readers being at the thresh-hold level more than once in the past.

Yes! practice makes it perfect...

the good, the bad and the ugly too!

You seem to be very enthusiastic in usage of superlatives in this thread. Let me slightly dampen your enthusiasm with the help of the following anecdote.

In contract bridge (a game played with cards) it is usual for one team to sacrifice and try to come up with better than a par score. But sometimes the sacrifice turns out to be phantom in the sense that the opponents do not have a good hand and the contract would have failed in normal play. The upshot of all these is that when the opponents double a sacrifice contract they lose a bundle of points for the under-tricks.

Once when a team went down and conceded a bundle of points (the scoring is somewhat complicated to be described to a lay person) he asked his partner how many points they have lost in that particular hand. His partner came out with the reply of 2300 in no time. The questioner was impressed with the speed of answer and said that he must be a mathematical whiz kid to come out with such a quick answer. His partner replied with a dead pan face "No... Just practice"...

Dear Tmt VR

"Nattu Vaidhyar" - [Country Doctor !] - sounds a bit crude, would prefer "Practitioner of
Native Medicene" - but "Ladies of the Home" were all that way - they always knew [ instinctively
or taught ] how to make those delicate adjustments in their recipes to keep the family healthy.
If men-folk couldn't notice, it just means that they were insensitive or incapable of appreciating
these niceties.

vgane - Maya Machindra, [Vikramadityan's brother] because of being termed : "Supreme Wizard"

"Yay Yem" - the phonetics or origin immaterial - either way it is "Apaana Vaayu"

Now, Nattu Vaidhyar again: - Feeling dizzy? Nausea also ? - CONGRATS ! - raw mango
[Pachai Mangai] could give symptomatic relief - this is the mango season.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Country doctor sounds better than a quack! :ear:

Nice to see Mr. A.M adoring Mr. M.M. :clap2:

Is Apaana vaayu holier than the other four since travels upwards???:rolleyes:

Thanks for not adding ashes to your prescription of pachchai maangai-

considering the fact that I am in my mid sixties! :yo:

Dear Tmt VR

"Nattu Vaidhyar" - [Country Doctor !] - sounds a bit crude, would prefer "Practitioner of
Native Medicene" - but "Ladies of the Home" were all that way - they always knew [ instinctively
or taught ] how to make those delicate adjustments in their recipes to keep the family healthy.
If men-folk couldn't notice, it just means that they were insensitive or incapable of appreciating
these niceties.

vgane - Maya Machindra, [Vikramadityan's brother] because of being termed : "Supreme Wizard"

"Yay Yem" - the phonetics or origin immaterial - either way it is "Apaana Vaayu"

Now, Nattu Vaidhyar again: - Feeling dizzy? Nausea also ? - CONGRATS ! - raw mango
[Pachai Mangai] could give symptomatic relief - this is the mango season.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Should we look forward for a summary and analysis of the findings?

Shri Ozone,

Let me try to respond to your quest, with due apology to Shri Govida, to whom your question is directed.

I think, with all the posts shared here by some members, in line with the thread tittle and OP, the answer for your above question is present before all of us, for each of us.

This thread and the opening post serves a purpose to all of us and each of us must have formed our own summary and analysis, about how members react to the posts, posted here.

Inability to express one's views may be one thing. But if people want to read above, blow and between the lines and NOT the lines themselves... what can we do?
The problem with expressions is the person who writes and the one who reads have different psyche. The expressions acquire different colour however instantly they are expressed and read. Yes. inability to express is a problem which can be overcome. But, madam, many a time we find telling ourselves it could have been different or more direct or less hurting. Because I think basically we have no absolute control over our thoughts and expressions. Of course, specific matters, legal matters can be expressed between the banks of yes and no. People do read above, below and between the lines. You should have great heart to accept who blow the lines!

Last edited:
Should we look forward for a summary and analysis of the findings?

Ozone,

Though Madams Renuka and V.R are good at presenting other's opinions/intents, London Swaminathan is great at
summarization.

This is just a casual thread for sharing views/reflections, and not to be taken seriously ;).

People do read above, below and between the lines. You should have great heart to accept who blow the lines!

Well put. So, we should stop taking them (messages) personally. We will just see if the message/view will be beneficial or not for a bigger crowd!

Last edited:
Truly we need to accept people as they are - if we want to live in peace!

Oops! I beg to differ.

That would be selfishness. We need to correct people soon, if we see them making wrong choices in life, else it will blow out
of proportions. [as we see the world now].

We should accept people, only based on their situations - physical conditions, bitter experiences, lack of support. If they are living
in normal conditions, then we have to step in and make reasonable arguments/suggestions and bring them into the right mind/choice.

Last edited:
This is just a casual thread for sharing views/reflections, and not to be taken seriously ;).
Sure and fine with me.

I didnt want the thread to run out of posts too soon. No one has brought the 'Like' and the impact it has on the readers into the discussion yet.

We like those who "like" us. :hug:

We dislike those whom we "like"!! :hand:

Howzzat for a starter???

Already :confused:??? :rolleyes:
Madam you are going on "Vishu's path. In the evening it is better not to LIKE and dislike. Like let me say, people who quote EVR are either for him or against him but they quote HIM all the same.

I am confused, the 2nd line doesn't match the 1st! May be Iyya's reply makes sense, we have two opinions at two different times of the day ;)

I got that! Mornings we would be spirited to revolt and refute, in the evening, we would want to be nice and balance our bad-karma and give more likes ;)
Oops! we have two time-zones now, which time is most favorable? any stats ?

Last edited:
Ozone,

Even a single 'like' will please/motivate the poster.

Too many likes and dis-likes are measuring scales (voting schemes) for the current trend of the view.

I guess, most readers go by the vote count, there would still be few right brainers who go by the message!

Last edited:
Forum is busy during the day and the night everyday! :roll:

In the Indian mornings, the Indians in the east post and keep it busy. :flame:

In the Indian evenings, the Indians in the west post it and keep it busy!
B68
B60

I am confused, the 2nd line doesn't match the 1st! May be Iyya's reply makes sense, we have two opinions at two different times of the day

I got that! Mornings we would be spirited to revolt and refute, in the evening, we would want to be nice and balance our bad-karma and give more likes
Oops! we have two time-zones now, which time is most favorable? any stats ?

It is said that

we like the people who admire us ( or like us).......................statement 1.

and dislike the people whom we admire (or whom we like )....statement 2.

Is the explanation more confusing than the original statements???

Howzzat for a starter???

Already :confused:??? :rolleyes:

Kamsan hated Kannan but he could not help

thinking about Kannan all the time! :)

பக்தியும், பகைமையும்.

பக்தியும், பகைமையும் மாறுபட்டாலும்,
முக்தியை அளிப்பதில், அவை சரிசமமே.

அவை இரண்டும் எதிர்ப் பதங்களே – ஆயினும்
அவை ஒரே நாணயத்தின் இரு பக்கங்களே.

அதீத விருப்பம் பக்தியில் முடியும்;
அதீத வெறுப்போ பகையில் முடியும்!

கண்ணன் மேல் கொண்ட பக்தி பெரியதா?
கண்ணன் மேல் கொண்ட பகைமை பெரியதா?

நூறு பிறவியில் கொள்ளும் பக்தியும்,
மூன்று பிறவிகளில் கொள்ளும் த்வேஷமும்,

சரிசமம் ஆகும் தராசுத் தட்டில்;
சரிதான் மாயக் கண்ணன் கணக்கு.

நாம் விரும்புபவர்களை, அவ்வப்போது
நாம் விருப்புடன் கொஞ்சம் நினைப்போம்.

நாம் வெறுப்பவர்களையோ, நெருப்பென
நம் நினைவில் இடைவிடாது கொள்வோம்!

எப்படி நினைத்தால் என்ன கண்ணனுக்கு?
எத்தனை நேரம் நினைக்கிறோம் என்றே,

கணக்கு வைத்துக்கொண்டு மனம் கனிவான்;
கணக்கு முடிந்தவுடன், கருணை பொழிவான்.

பக்தியும், அன்பும் அடைவிப்பது போன்றே,
பயமும், பீதியும் அவனை அடைவிக்கும்.

“எப்படியோ என்னை நினைத்தாலே போதும்”,
என்றே கண்ணன் எண்ணுகின்றான் போலும்!

விருப்பு வெறுப்புக்கு அப்பாற்பட்டவன்
வேறு எப்படித்தான் எண்ண முடியும்?

வாழ்க வளமுடன்,
விசாலாக்ஷி ரமணி.
source: <visalramani.wordpress.com>

It is said that

we like the people who admire us ( or like us).......................statement 1.

and dislike the people whom we admire (or whom we like )....statement 2.

Is the explanation more confusing than the original statements???

Let us say you are "A" and "XYZ" be the people who admire/like you
Let us also say "PQR" be the persons whom you admire. So your statements are:

1. XYZ like A - statement 1
2. A admires PQR - statement 2

Now who dislikes who here?? and what is the relationship between statement 1 & 2. What do you intend to say? Very confusing to say the least

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest ads

Back