• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Echos of Partition

Status
Not open for further replies.
...but i think it might make some of you giggle.

didn't make me giggle.

just racking my bald brains to come up with even one seven sylabelled female name :noidea:
jaya santhana lakshmi thiru pura sundar aambaaL ??? :laugh:

cheers !!

Last edited:
Mr. Desi, stop it!

Hi friends!
First of all, my apologies for being away the forum; as you all will appreciate, we all live busy lives.
1. Mr. Desi, as you all know, this forum is the most democratic in that we allow anybody to express their views and what not.
2. By the same token, you should expect other members to question your views; you cannot simply attack that person just because he/she comes up with arguments contrary to your posting.
3. What we do not tolerate is personal attacks, foul words, insulting or putting down other religions, other beliefs, othe castes.
4. I went thru this thread and saw you attacking Mr. KRS personally, which is a no-no. I know Mr.KRS is a highly learned gentleman and he doesn't write something without proper backing.
5. Say anything you want but keep it to the subject at hand but absolutely no personal attacks of any kind. If we see this again, we could easily shut you out; I would hate doing that but it is a MUST.
6. Instead of cut-and-paste, why don't you give the news and express your views, within the guidelines set by this forum (#3).

Please remember that we all are in this together; attacking someone just because you think or perceive that person is not going along with your views, is not productive and it is not going to help this forum.
Thank you all.
Silverfox

Last edited:
Sad, unwanted developments

It makes me very sad, when I go through the contents of the messages
exchanged between our beloved members.

While everybody is entitled to put forth his or her views, supported by facts
and figures if any, no one has the right to indulge in personal, virulent attacks of this nature. I have never seen anything like this in the past. I request the administrators to do some random checking and screening or even editing
of the contents of some messages, which are quite offensive and sickening.

I once again humbly request all our members to use decent language and not pit themselves against anyone else.

Regards,
pannvalan

silverfox ji!

I don't support the foul words used by both parties and especially by Desi.

Also would like to bring to your attention the trigger is not contrary arguments as you put it.

It takes "TWO" hands to clap.

Regards

Folks,

As usual, 'they' can not resist!

Regards,
KRS

silverfox ji!

Also would like to bring to your attention the trigger is not contrary arguments as you put it.

Regards

May I also ask 'Malgova', what 'foul words I have used? He seems to equate my words with that of Desi! How is this so? Only if 'malgova' thinks that Desi is defending his own ideology. Now you are going to see the same type of reaction from this person also!

So, 'malgova', please enlighten me with where my hand 'clapped' with your friend's? If he is not your 'friend', please tell me where I went wrong and my 'offensive' words started?

Regards,
KRS

silverfox ji!

Regards

'Malgova mango',

While you are at this, please also tell me which of my words that 'triggered' this nasty person to unload the unspeakable vile words that a human being can utter in public? Are we talking about the 'meat in the public square'?

KRS

Dear Admin,

Please for heaven's sake close this thread here and now, lest it will create another (round of) "Echos of partition" amongst us.

Dear Mr.Silverfox, the administrator,

I do share my concerns and disappointments expressed by Sri Pannvalan and Sri Malgova.

I agree that Sri Desi used foul language and it is not acceptable. You have observed that like any one else could. But as an administrator you have not observed the fact that Mr.KRS has a lot to attribute to this degeneration right from the beginning and his language is as foul as can be. He has a knack to indimidate others which you can observe by his many postings for example those above against Sri Malgova. Not everyone is like Mr.il_guy who will apologize when intimidated and stay away. There are also people like Desi who would go one step above.

You have failed to note that KRS has zero tolerance against those who have opinions contrary to him and the words he has used are equally obsene. Sorry, I cannot repeat them if you would ask like he does to Mr. Malgova.

What amazed me is your saying as follows: " I know Mr.KRS is a highly learned gentleman and he doesn't write something without proper backing."
I don't know what you mean by 'learned' and in what? I could learn what he learnt by his postings in this thread alone. I was expecting you to chide both and demand their apology.

If this is the way you would treat the posters by taking sides with one against another I wonder if there is any hope for decent and knowledgeable posters to participate given KRS's credential for intolerance that you have overlooked for whatever reasons. Don't you think decent posters would feel second class? Why do you like to present the forum to such one-sided people headed by KRS. Is this the objective of the forum?

The reaction to my posting from you will decide whether I and other decent minded people would continue to be spectators or run away.

Admin, Please let this thread RIP

Spectator-ji,

For a junior member with just a few posts, your words are very experienced indeed.

The use of abusive language was started by Desi-ji. When in retaliation, one's anger is justified. The return language of KRS-ji is therefore not wrong.

For the short time I have spent here, it is very obvious (atleast to me) who has zero tolerance and who has not. To go the way out to single out KRS-ji appears not only vindictive but also childish on the part of those who possibly seem to have zero tolerance themselves.

Such type of 'analytical' posts and return posts by all and unnecessary, such as me, serves no purpose in this thread.

I do request the admin to lock this thread.

May this thread Rest In Peace (RIP please).

Thank you Happyhindu Ji.

Again, a spectator is not a 'spectator' any more. What a surprise!

I guess decency is in the eyes of the beholder! And to this spectator, I guess even a word like 'runt' is an indecent word! Equal with other words that Desi used.

Regards,
KRS

Dear Admin

Mr Spectator seems to be a new poster, it looks like he has created an id only for the purpose of expressing an opinion against Mr KRS and to justify the filthy language used by one of the members against Mr KRS. Rightly so, Mr KRS asks the question as to whether the word 'runt' is as indecent as the filthy word used by Mr Desi. (I am unable to repeat the word used by Mr Desi, indicating the level of indecency associated with that word). The dictionary meaning as I check is .... "Runt' means a shorter person, denoting that the level of the person's character is one level lower than the others.

Mr Spectator's questioning the administrator for disapproving the filthy words used by Mr Desi and characterising the administrator as one-sided is just not acceptable.

I get a doubt as to whether Mr Spectator is an existing poster with another id and has created this id as 'Spectator' now so as to take sides against Mr KRS and in favour of Mr Desi.

I request the admin to check on the IP addresses and weed out the double id holders.

It seems now essential to seek the members to establish their identities and prove their original name and address to the forum admin so that these kind of bickerings do not get repeated. When we go through the past pages of this forum we note that some original contributors like Mr Nacchinarkiniyan have stopped visiting this forum because of the personal attacks made by and political stand taken by certain posters. These kind of activities should be curtailed if we desire to make this forum a constructive one.

I have no desire to take any sides but one must not hesitate to speak out the truth and hence this post. Especially when these activities damage the membership of this forum. The loss of an elderly, erudite scholar gentleman like Mr Nacchinarkiniyan is heavy indeed. This has happened only because of a set of persons in this forum as we see from the past pages.

Dear Forum Admin

After making my post on the views of Mr Spectator, I just analaysed the four other earlier posts made by him. In one of them he has posted as under:

09-22-2008, 02:23 AM

Dear Friends,

I gave my opinion giving my reasons.

I do not expect everyone to endorse my opinion.

It won't even bother me if no one liked it either.

I do not wish to get involved with anyone on a one to one discussion.

I am afraid it could turn into a nightmare as is happening in this forum. Persons are denounced for holding a opinion and are hounded until he/she accepts that his/her opinion is wrong and is vehemently vilified and persecuted if he/she refuses to continue discussion.

I hope I have a right to give my opinion without being engaged into a discussion that turns out to be unpleasant as described above.

Believe me I do hold others have a right to their opinion even if it be contrary to mine.

However one cannot be compelled to agree to a opinion that he/she dislikes. This is just a forum not a legislature.

Having said this let me voice some more opinion of mine.

I request the admin to take note that his post in questioning the admin is contrary to his own post reproduced above (he has made this post yesterday in another thread). To me it appears that his intentions are only to drive out Mr KRS just as Mr Nacchinarkiniyan has been driven out a few months ago.

I request that this trend be curtailed.

Last edited:
Dear Mr. Spectator:
You are not a spectator! Look, I know Mr. KRS's postings in this forum for a long time and I must say he is extremely courteous and polite; I have seen him taking abuses before but never engaged in anything. But everybody has a limit. I am not taking sides and this is the truth.

Look, like I have said before, you have a right to post your views; by the same token, you better be prepared for other people's critiques - setting the facts straight or giving a different perspective. If you dish out but cannot take one, then by all means leave the forum. You cannot take things personally;
I completely echo happyhindu's posting; thank you, Ms.Happyhindu! Also, thanks to Anjankumar for his(?) words of wisdom.

It is sad that instead of doing things for the uplift of our community, it has come down to personalizing the postings, bickering and name-calling.

Praveen, maybe we should close this thread. Seems to me that we have completely moved away from the main subject of this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back