• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Gruesome !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Taking any life is bad in whatever state the LIFE is found because it cannot claim to have given life to that life. The only relation or right is biological. Nature terminates a life on its own terms like there are still born babies. You are as a human, a doctor or a scientist expected to save every life. It is inhuman to kill an unwanted baby, or unhealthy or a medically challenging life. You are expected to handle that life as best as you can in spite of all agonies one may undergo in that regard. You are not going to wash off your sins and the sin of terminating the challenging birth or not caring to nurse that birth, if at all one believes in sins. Even if one does not believe in sin, terminating a life amounts to sin only. Female foeticide has been rampant for reasons. The present boy-girl ratio is about 1000:650. Will this lead to male foeticide? Oh God! you are omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent. Can you not create a whole human who is neither male or nor female, neither gay nor straight, neither lesbian nor neuter, and yet make life spicy for us.

Taking any life is bad in whatever state the LIFE is found because it cannot claim to have given life to that life. The only relation or right is biological. Nature terminates a life on its own terms like there are still born babies. You are as a human, a doctor or a scientist expected to save every life. It is inhuman to kill an unwanted baby, or unhealthy or a medically challenging life. You are expected to handle that life as best as you can in spite of all agonies one may undergo in that regard. You are not going to wash off your sins and the sin of terminating the challenging birth or not caring to nurse that birth, if at all one believes in sins. Even if one does not believe in sin, terminating a life amounts to sin only. Female foeticide has been rampant for reasons. The present boy-girl ratio is about 1000:650. Will this lead to male foeticide? Oh God! you are omnipresent, omniscient and omnipotent. Can you not create a whole human who is neither male or nor female, neither gay nor straight, neither lesbian nor neuter, and yet make life spicy for us.

Iyya, please do not put any more guilt on the mother. She has to make the decision best for her, in her own terms.

The Kashmir Saivite Abhinavagupta says, ‘Everything in the universe follows the Lord’s desire’

Krishna in Gita says: Act Knowing You are Not the Doer.

I also want to point out that everything is in brahman, and nothing is outside if brahman. Our actions and the associated results impacts the individual.

Science is also in the brahman, so nothing on its own is evil, it is your association with the event that can make it it good or bad.

I feel its doctors who can make the change finally.Just dont do abortions and people will have to keep their babies or practice contraception.

I have seen many doctors who preform termination of pregnancies just for monetary gain.
So as long as the the service is available patients will queue up for termination of pregnancy using the slightest excuse.

Every fetus has the right to live whether normal or deformed.
Cos we have no idea how termination of pregnancy affects the astral body of the fetus whether it moves on or not after its death.

A slayer of an embryo is like the slayer of a priest.
Krishna Yajur Veda 6.5.10

Last edited:
Iyya, please do not put any more guilt on the mother. She has to make the decision best for her, in her own terms.

The Kashmir Saivite Abhinavagupta says, ‘Everything in the universe follows the Lord’s desire’

Krishna in Gita says: Act Knowing You are Not the Doer.

I also want to point out that everything is in brahman, and nothing is outside if brahman. Our actions and the associated results impacts the individual.

Science is also in the brahman, so nothing on its own is evil, it is your association with the event that can make it it good or bad.

Dear sir,

Yes everything is Brahman finally but that doesnt mean we have no code of conduct or Dharma to follow.

I will give you a simple example(before that..it might sound harsh but I do not intend to hurt anyones sentiment here)

Ok in the case of a married couple..just say the wife DOESN'T want to consummate the marriage and says this :

"You are Brahman,I am Brahman..everything is inside Brahman..what ever happens is the Lords desire..so for all practical purposes it will be Brahman mating Brahman.
So just let us sing in glory of Brahman and be celibate for the rest of our lives."

Can this hold any logic in the mundane world?

The Geeta and Mahavakyas should not be used to justify Adharma in any manner.

Last edited:
Renukaji,

Dharma & adharma is not in the action itself. It is the association with the action that matters. Dharma & Adarma are subjective and changes from time to time and from place to place. It is codified by the constitution, rather than by religion.

So please let us not heap guilt on the poor women who has to make the decision about abortion. It may be due to health, incest, rape, or any other consideration.

Raising a child is a big responsibility. I would rather accept am abortion than an abandoned child.

Renukaji,

So please let us not heap guilt on the poor women who has to make the decision about abortion. It may be due to health, incest, rape, or any other consideration.

Dear Prasad ji,

believe me..there is hardly remorse or guilt in even the most conservative types.
For most females..abortions is just like some walk in and walk out procedure.

You havent met actual real cases.

Sex is just a casual act even for married couples.Responsibility is lacking.
Marriage isnt always a licence for fun.

I am speaking from years of experience having worked in 2 countries as a doctor.

I have seen married people who just dont give a second thought in having an abortion.

I have also seen an ummarried mum who didnt even know who the father of her child was cos she had intercourse with 2 men at the same time(it was a three some act) but she told me she will keep her baby cos she has no right to take a life.

The child is a big boy now and proud of his mum that she never took his life in utero.

Its a very different world out there.

I am not heaping any guilt on any woman.

You know as a doc whenever I advise patients to keep their baby, many a times Hindu patients ask me "doc are you a muslim? cos you seem to be discouraging
abortion.
Just imagine...a fellow hindu doesnt expect a hindu to be discouraging abortion.

I do not preach morals to my patients..all I advise them is spacing of pregnancy and to use contraception and not to do abortion.

In USA, it is very difficult to get an abortion, the right wing religious zealots are making it difficult. They murder the doctors and fire bomb the clinics. The laws are making it almost impossible and social pressure on the women is intolerable. I am only speaking from this experience. It is legal in the 1st trimester only.

If you make it impossible to get abortion, then these women will try underground means and get into complication that will need public assistance for treatment. People get into dangerous life style, we can not change that.

Please visit this wiki page to get a sense of the extreme levels of violence and threat of violence abortion providers face.

The legal and illegal impediments placed in the way of women exercising their legal reproductive rights affects mostly poor women who can least afford the consequences of not being able to access these services. These pro-lifers making access as difficult as possible are really pro-life only on one side of the birth canal, once the baby comes out, the conservative philosophy says, baby you are on your own.

Criminalizing abortion will not have a significant reduction in abortion. The rich will travel to places where they can get one, and the poor will resort to back-alley quacks and risk death or serious injury. The number of illegal abortions in the 1950s and 60s per year is estimated from 200,000 to 1.2 million -- this is when abortions were illegal.

Exercising one's morality into one's own life and family is not an absolute right, parents of Christian Science faith have been convicted of even manslaughter for withholding medical treatment to their own children based on their moral convictions. Those who wish to make abortion illegal take this to the plane of imposing their moral convictions upon others. This is one of the problems with religious faith.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Goodbye All

It's been nice knowing you all and interacting with you. If after almost 4 decades of international
exposure as an UN delegate across all continents, multi-national peers and associates strewn all
over the globe, I return 'home' to join this forum only to find people editing/deleting my posts,

I sure can live without this brazen attitude/approach.

Guruvethunai
AM

Dear Sri Anand Manohar Ji,

Who has edited/removed your post? If it happened, only you or the Moderators can do that. Moderators have not touched your posts!

Don't know what you are talking about. Can you be more specific?

Regards,
KRS
Goodbye All

It's been nice knowing you all and interacting with you. If after almost 4 decades of international
exposure as an UN delegate across all continents, multi-national peers and associates strewn all
over the globe, I return 'home' to join this forum only to find people editing/deleting my posts,

Guruvethunai
AM

Goodbye All

Guruvethunai
AM

dear sir,

you must have experienced a technical glitch..that some portion of post or your post was missing.
It had happened to me before.
Sometimes I am not able to edit my post too.

Please stay on and contribute.

Dear AM, from what you state you are a highgly accomplished professional. The forum will surely benefit from your participation. As Shri KRS, the moderator, has clarified, what you encountered is only a glitch, certainly not a purposeful act by any individual. Hope you will reconsider and stay.

Best wishes....

Check whether your comp has a virus. And no hasty decision please without verifying your complaints.

Goodbye All

Guruvethunai
AM

A Polish woman lay upside for 75 days to save twins and delivered. She actually had triplets but unfortunately, the first one died prematurely. Doctors attempted to save the two and the woman cooperated like above 24 hrs x 75 days. Well. One can judge in one's own way. Saving life/lives is not that easy either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back