• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old Age Homes

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAATHA CHA PARVATHI DEVI
PITHO DEVO MAHESHWARA
BHAANDAWA SIVA BAKTHA CHA
SWADESHU BHUVANETHRIYAM
NARAYANA NARAYANA NARAYANA

I feel myself that a man can be called a successful man in his life unless he showers his love, affection and care to his parents right from the time he stands independent in his life.

I would like to tell something to all the misfortune brothers who all are living in foreign countries away from their parents. As well all those in land who could not keep their parents with them due to many unavoidable conditions and keeping their parents in Old Age Homes...

- KEEP CALLING YOUR PARENTS AND SPEAK TO THEM ATLEAST FOR 10 MINUTES IN THE MORNING (AT THE START OF THE DAY) AND 10 MINUTES IN THE NIGHT (AT THE END OF THE DAY)

- GIVE THEM A FEELING THAT THEY HAVE NOT BEEN REJECTED BY THEIR OWN SON FOR WHOM THEY HAVE SACRIFICED MANY IN THEIR LIFE

- VISIT THEM AS MUCH TIME AS POSSIBLE AND GIVE THEM SOMETHING THAT CAN BE ANY USE TO THEM AS A GIFT TO REVEAL HOW MUCH YOU CARE FOR THEM.

- DISCUSS WITH THEM ON ANYTHING OF THEIR INTEREST WITHOUT HURTING THEM AND WITHOUT LOOSING INTEREST ON THE SAME. DON’T FEEL BORED ON THE TOPIC THEY WANT TO DISCUSS.

- THOSE WHO ARE OUTSITDE THE HOME TOWN, OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY CAN SINCERELY FIND ALL THE WAYS TO SEND USEFUL THINGS TO THEIR PARENTS VERYOFTEN.

- AT ANY POINT OF TINE NEVER GIVE A SINGLE CHANCE TO PARENTS TO THINK THAT WE FEEL THEM AS OUR BURDEN

There is no use to regret on our stupidity after we lose your parents for ever...

There is no use to perform Pithru Kariyam just to fulfill religious obligations so as to protect the prosperity of our family.

And there is no use to feel proud of being successful in life without taking care of our parents. It is true that our old age will teach us a lesson in hard ways.

In fact one should not be sincere to their parents just to make sure that they don't experience the problems in their old age. Rather we should understand their love and sacrifice as our parents, as individuals and our life time well-wishers. If our parents were wrong somewhere in our life, that would be only due to their ignorance and certainly would not be a deliberate one.

If Old Age Homes are the need of the hour, than our love and care to our parents would certainly be a need of the hour.

Cheers...

RAVI

SAIRAM EVERYBODY. A Related subject. Dear all youngsters: There is no other pleasure than enjoying the company of old & retired parents. I agree, in these days of running about hither and thither for liveli-hood, for many of those who are only one child to their parents, it becomes difficult to be with parents. But for those who can be with parents and for the parents who have to be with their kid/s, my father Nagai Vai. Ramaswamy has written an article in chennaionline.com/tamil titled பழுத்த இலையும் பச்சை இலையும் under பத்திகள். Members can go through and if they agree, can refer to others. Thanks and Sairam.
I wish to very happily state that the Article was so liked in my family circles.Infact for two of my uncles and Aunts ,I have copied the Text and the handwritten copy was sent to them at their request.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back