• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Pseduscience, spirituality and frauds

• Thread starter Thread starter Nara
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pseduscience,spirituality and frauds

Sir,
I have been consulting Astrologers(after verifying their bonafides) for the past 20 years(I am now 76plus).Most of the predictions have come true.I do not recollect a single event where the prediction has completely gone off the mark.
in the year 1979,sometime in september or so, I had the opportunity to read an astrological magazine in Tamil by name"POYYAMOZHI".It was a monthly magazine and I was going through the magazine for the month of May,1979.IN one article the horoscope of Mr.MORARJI DESAI who was the PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA was being discussed also quoting a tamil couplet which appears in each year Panchang.
According to the verse the king of the country will get killed.The author after analying the horoscope stated that there is no possibility of Mr.Morarji Desai getting killed as he has long years of life and linked the hanging of Bhutto in Pakistan .he had also mentioned that the planetary position of stars in a particular month is very week and there is every possibility that he may not be able to continue as Prime Minister after that month.Later events proved that the Author was correct in his analysis.
There are number of BOGUS/NOT properly Qualified persons who
practise as Astrologers and persons who go to such persons try to blame'Astrology"
However one famous ASTROLEGER FROM J&K PANDIT AVTAR KISHEN
KAUL has commented on 22-04-06 in another website that the greatest fraud on 'VEDAS" is the concept of 'VEDIC ASTROLOGY"
I quote from his article:
I have gone through all this pangs myself and made a thorough study of all the astrological works besides a lot of astronomical books!I even studied western system of astrology and had become a 'famous' astrologer,though my predictions were as correct as enybody else's i.e hardly 50%.HOWEVER THIS IS A SECRET THAT NO OTHER "JYOTHIS" SHARE.
I feel I am not qualified to express any opinion on the above view.
Further research in ASTROLOGY needs to be encouraged.
B.K.

Sir,
I have been consulting Astrologers(after verifying their bonafides) for the past 20 years(I am now 76plus).Most of the predictions have come true.I do not recollect a single event where the prediction has completely gone off the mark.
in the year 1979,sometime in september or so, I had the opportunity to read an astrological magazine in Tamil by name"POYYAMOZHI".It was a monthly magazine and I was going through the magazine for the month of May,1979.IN one article the horoscope of Mr.MORARJI DESAI who was the PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA was being discussed also quoting a tamil couplet which appears in each year Panchang.
According to the verse the king of the country will get killed.The author after analying the horoscope stated that there is no possibility of Mr.Morarji Desai getting killed as he has long years of life and linked the hanging of Bhutto in Pakistan .he had also mentioned that the planetary position of stars in a particular month is very week and there is every possibility that he may not be able to continue as Prime Minister after that month.Later events proved that the Author was correct in his analysis.
There are number of BOGUS/NOT properly Qualified persons who
practise as Astrologers and persons who go to such persons try to blame'Astrology"
However one famous ASTROLEGER FROM J&K PANDIT AVTAR KISHEN
KAUL has commented on 22-04-06 in another website that the greatest fraud on 'VEDAS" is the concept of 'VEDIC ASTROLOGY"
I quote from his article:
I have gone through all this pangs myself and made a thorough study of all the astrological works besides a lot of astronomical books!I even studied western system of astrology and had become a 'famous' astrologer,though my predictions were as correct as enybody else's i.e hardly 50%.HOWEVER THIS IS A SECRET THAT NO OTHER "JYOTHIS" SHARE.
I feel I am not qualified to express any opinion on the above view.
Further research in ASTROLOGY needs to be encouraged.
B.K.

bk,

nice to know you validating jyotisham .

who is this kaul?sounds like a displaced pandit from J&K!Probably frustrated that he could not predict his state of affairs,maybe.50% is theory of probability for any event prediction,an elementary math student in middle school will also tell this.if i may say so ignore him and be happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back