• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What makes one a Tamil Brahmin these days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an interesting thread on the subject of brahmins:
how to get converted into Brahmin - IndusLadies

any solutions from our end?

Sri Saidevo-ji -
There is no solution because there is no problem to be addressed by anyone other than what this boy wants to do.
If they both really care to form a union they should go ahead and get married.

They both can learn all about Dharma and teachings of Gita and try to live a life supporting each other. I think they can truly teach the parents of the boy what it means to be Satvic and compassionate to others. Over time I am sure everyone around them will learn to accept them.

Understandably (not that I agree with the immaturity) the parents of the boys are upset that they are losing control over their son. These will correct itself.

Just sharing my thoughts !

namaste s/shrI kunjuppu and tks.

Although I am only in favour of endogamy, I think genuine cases might be considered. If the boy and girl are of different states and laguages, this complicates matters further. It is understandable (but not detestable) that in practical life, values that take precedence over the others are perhaps in this order: personal->family->religious->social->national->global. But then today's dharma seems to go in the reverse direction, bringing up such problems in its course.

namaste s/shrI kunjuppu and tks.

Although I am only in favour of endogamy, I think genuine cases might be considered. If the boy and girl are of different states and laguages, this complicates matters further. It is understandable (but not detestable) that in practical life, values that take precedence over the others are perhaps in this order: personal->family->religious->social->national->global. But then today's dharma seems to go in the reverse direction, bringing up such problems in its course.

Sri Saidevo -

I understand your point about the wisdom of seeking alliances that are well matched and in that sense as a starting point endogamy including similar economic background might be fine. However, once there is a relationship in progress and if the main reason for rejection is some caste based prejudice, then the parents need some education. It seems from the plea of the girl that she is ready to do anything. If the pair is well matched in every other way they have to ignore the parents assuming the boy is serious

Regards

Nowadays looking at the trend in this world..I would be happy if my son decides to marry a female..(not that i have anything againts the gay community..)

Last edited:
Dear tks to be called a brahmin it is enoughto be born of brahmin parents .But to feel as one certain style of life shall be followed Iam not talking abt habits like drinks. smoking etc but shd follow our rituals like praying God . pitru karmas.respect elders& guru. follow religous practices(basic at least).pl dont worry abt tamil/telugu etc Iam prou u hv trained ur kids as brahmins probably better tham most of us Congrads
with blessings to u &ur cnildren
RAMAN MALLI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest ads

Back