• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Any Tamil Brahmin Builders in Chennai?

• Thread starter Thread starter shiva0544
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
So are you saying that segregation is good for India. Do you work in a Brahmin company, does your children go to Brahmin school, do you eat only in Brahmin restaurants. Where does it end? It is not a smart aleck remark, it is a thought provoking remark. I do not have any problem if you want to isolate yourself.

The Durga puja Murti builders are Muslims. Most of the Marble carvers in Rajasthan are Muslims.
If God does not differentiate, why should we? Please think it through. I am not in this fight, I am just an observer.

The Temple builder here in USA is an American company, working with a stepathi from TN. So I am not familiar with the practice in TN.

If you are just playing your petty games of, tit for tat, then I do not want any part of it.
Brahmin are a dwindling community, who have no special power, nor will they have any special power. Most of the people commenting here are from yester-generation. Is this the legacy we want to leave for our future generations?
Then we wonder why TB girls are marrying NB's. If they want their children to prosper they have to find the fittest gene pool, not a dwindling, self isolating islands.
dear prasad !
kindly spare sri siva for posting such post just to help his community & also on the belief that the brahmin builder will not be cheating or will not have any goondas to manhandle in case of default payments or have a political background to threaten
just like secularism ,when somebody talks about Brahmins ,he is being ridiculed.
it is time that all should remember the post by sri Praveen.
Mr.Siva would have collected the builders address and acted as per his wish which would have not invited all these discussion.
guruvayurappan

post 8#
since you are TBS (Tamil Brahmin scholar ) you get all as per your wish.
best of luck for becoming relatives to them also
guruvayurappan
hi sir
i prefer to be TBS... TAMIL BRAHMIN SMARTHA...im not scholar....im still learning in my life.....kattadhu kai mann alavu...kallathathu

malai alavu.....

BTW we can't really have preferences for everything in life.

Blood bank does not store blood according to caste and creed.

It is just by ABO and Rh blood grouping system.
Are you kidding, you mean to say that after transfusion, a brahmin may not have pure-brahmin blood in them.:whoo:

dear prasad !
kindly spare sri siva for posting such post just to help his community & also on the belief that the brahmin builder will not be cheating or will not have any goondas to manhandle in case of default payments or have a political background to threaten
just like secularism ,when somebody talks about Brahmins ,he is being ridiculed.
it is time that all should remember the post by sri Praveen.
Mr.Siva would have collected the builders address and acted as per his wish which would have not invited all these discussion.
guruvayurappan
Sir,
I mean no disrespect to you or to Mr. Siva.
Like Mr. Amala said this is a majority TB site. But it is also majority PIO site, and majority Human site.
Advice and opinions here are free. If you ask a question, you will get answers. Some you may like it and others you may not like it. People post anonymously here just to get their frustration out, and may not carry it out in the real world. But when you google few key words, you get these posts that are isolationist. Which fuels the resentment against a community for no reason.

Dear Mr Prasad,

Are you Indian descent by any chance? I thought its quite glaring that "amala" is a very obviously female moniker/name. Clearly I'm wrong :). Like Kamala, Vimala, Komala, Shyamala, Nirmala...if I'm Mr Amala, then you shall be Miss/Mrs/Ms Prasad henceforth :D

Are you kidding, you mean to say that after transfusion, a brahmin may not have pure-brahmin blood in them.:whoo:

Red blood cells have a life span about 120 days.

So the cells will be circulating in the body for about that many days before they are destroyed.

So for 120 days someone else's blood is also flowing in us!!

Dear Mr Prasad,

Are you Indian descent by any chance? I thought its quite glaring that "amala" is a very obviously female moniker/name. Clearly I'm wrong :). Like Kamala, Vimala, Komala, Shyamala, Nirmala...if I'm Mr Amala, then you shall be Miss/Mrs/Ms Prasad henceforth :D

Sorry my mistake Ms. Amala.
In sikhism the names are not gender specific. A male child will be Gurupreet sigh, and a female child would be Gurupreet kaur.

Last edited:
Also this is a Tamil Brahmin forum right? (ok not exclusively, i get it, before anyone jumps at me) so if one is not allowed to ask for a Brahmin builder here (without getting all the smart aleck questions :)), pray tell where are they allowed to ask? A Pakistani forum perhaps?!

I realise and understand that it doesn't, or shouldn't matter who your builder is, but some people have preferences. Maybe thats a crime nowadays...

Sowbagyavathy Amala, Greetings.

It is so nice to hear from you. My best wishes to you.

Cheers!

I think the initial post was about asking some good reference about builders in Chennai area who can construct individual houses. If anyone has come across any such good reputable and reliable builders please provide their contacts and it will help all others who may be looking for such info.

Thanks

Mr. Hari,
The original post said:
Is there any gud tamil brahmin builder exclusively building for us or for vegetarians?
So members took time to respond, He could have come and clarified, which he did not do.
Then I asked for explanation

Would you rather have a house built by a professional reputable, who can build a beautiful building at reasonable cost, in reasonable time.

He did not come back and rectify.
Your question is totally different, but is a valid one.

Last edited:
Let's not go into the specific of how it was addressed. If anyone wouldn't mind to help in this matter will certainly ignore the caste part and address to help the readers who are needed the info.

The member who started this thread was specific - even highlighted - that he wanted a brahmin builder. There are hundred other places if he wanted any builder.

When someone asks the way to brahmin cafe or rayar club or iyengar bakery for his tiffin or meals or snacks, what is the point in directing him to muniyandi vilas or military hotel or talaipakkattu diner?

Let's not go into the specific of how it was addressed. If anyone wouldn't mind to help in this matter will certainly ignore the caste part and address to help the readers who are needed the info.

Mr. Hari,
Mr. Sarang in his post#40 is correct.
Your query is valid one, and you should probably start a separate thread.

Did someone get a meaningful answer with the builders name? or atleast an email to whom
we can send a message and get relevant info?

I asked the question simply to find a gud place. Due to my job nature, i have shifted my residence 10 times out of 14 years and i had some experiences in housing. Also my both parents were government servants, we shifted our residence frequently inmy early days. All these make me to ask this question and i dont want to explain what are the situations i faced in my life in this public forum. Even if a gud builder available you can send me a pvt.msg. which will be helpful to me as i am new to chennai.

The first question was right and his desire is also perhaps right. But so many anti-Brahmanism in replies. The idea of the questioner was not to spread or expand Brahmanism but to satisfy himself within his own limitations. "Buildings and houses are constructed by non-Brahmins" is like our "Breaking News"! Is there any conversion system coming up for converting Brahmins to non-Brahmins? If that is so I tell you the out-flow will be less and slow, but the inflow will flood out everybody.

Mr Prasad,

With all due respect, I'm very impressed by your egalitarianism. I do try my best as well! But some people have their preferences wrt builders, schools, restaurants and so on. Its their prerogative. I just dont feel they should be put on a stand and interrogated as to why they want Brahmin builders. Its their money and they can give it to whoever they choose to.

Dear Amala I totally agree with u. Its their money & they can give it to whoever they choose to but dont u agree that it is high time that we young generation shd bring end to this caste system & start thinking as Indians.

Dear Amala I totally agree with u. Its their money & they can give it to whoever they choose to but dont u agree that it is high time that we young generation shd bring end to this caste system & start thinking as Indians.

Dear Mr.Brahmin,

Thinking as Indians, having patriotism, respecting and being friendly with each and every community etc is not that we brahmins detest, nor do the other communities. Every one is just conscious about associating with a good person.

If people from Brahmin community have their specific preferences/likes revolving around fellow brahmins and brahminism, there is nothing in it that need to be considered as a bad idea, discriminating sense, exclusivity etc.

There is nothing wrong to contribute to the best of our ability towards brahmin community in some way or other. One as a brahmin can wish to give business opportunities to Brahmins, one way wish to give financial aid to poor brahmin children/students, one may wish to provide job opportunities to competent brahmins, one may wish to come up with some unique strategy to help brahmin purohits/learned vedic scholars to sustain their profession and live a descent life etc..etc..etc. These are also a great contribution for the betterment of a community in a society where there exists many different communities doing the same among them.

Collectively, the society should be healthy. Your approach and your selections may differ (for any community) BUT all revolves around some affiliations with some sense of liking and responsibility.

Let us think posititive anything related to Brahmins, Brahmins Society and Brahmins Wellfare AND help build a healthy society where each group has its group affiliations, rights, priviledges, respect and dignity.

I believe that would be the true sense of being True Indians, accepting unity in diversity.

I think it is high time the younger generation learns, imbibes and practices age old customs and traditions in personal life; and they who want to opt out, can do so without discouraging and disparaging potential and willing adherents. What is the harm if one practices to the extent possible as a shaivite, vaishnavite or any sub system he is born into or migrates to, and contributes to the continuance and preservation of tradition. If the youngsters are encouraged by elders to give up, it is a sad reflection of our our way of life.

If the sanatana dharma values and caste systems are forcibly dismantled, it will be the end of hinduism, and will speed up conversion to christianity and islam.

No, I don't think so. All communities, chettiar, mudaliyar, pillai, nadar or any dominant community one can think of, have immense respect for their own culture and tradition, and will not convert.

Is there any conversion system coming up for converting Brahmins to non-Brahmins? If that is so I tell you the out-flow will be less and slow, but the inflow will flood out everybody.

No, I don't think so. All communities, chettiar, mudaliyar, pillai, nadar or any dominant community one can think of, have immense respect for their own culture and tradition, and will not convert.

I don't know..but since I was a child I only thought of myself as Hindu only.
I never really bothered to even identify myself too much with any community or caste.
Even today when people ask me my caste..I answer that "I am human caste"..but people react badly when such answers are given!LOL

Never specifically felt I need to identify too much with any community or culture but I just felt that I need to know about God more.

Culture can be man made and sometimes even out dated but God never goes out of fashion.
God is eternal.
So there is actually no dying need sometimes to be too culturally inclined cos not all cultural practices have place in spirituality.

I never considered race and religion of a person before I helped him or her with charity.
As long as the person was a deserving candidate help would be rendered to him/her.

After all even in Geeta Lord Krishna has said about a Sattva Charity:

"The Charity that is worth giving,given without any expectation, according to time and place and to a deserving person is remembered as Sattvic"

If we see everyone as the extension of God the whole world becomes our family.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back